Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-11-16, 8:40am

Default BEAU BARRETT - INDY FLAME ART - Indianapolis - April 2014

Beau Barrett - Making Blown Boro Beads and Small Scale Tubing Techniques

Class #1 - Thursday/Friday, April 24 & 25, 2014
Class #2 - Saturday/Sunday, April 26 & 27, 2014

$475.00 - Includes all Supplies and Lunch

Making Blown Boro Beads and Small Scale Tubing Techniques

We are very excited to announce that Beau Barrett will be teaching two, 2-day classes at Indy Flame Art, LLC on April 24 & 25, and April 26 & 27, 2014.

Beau Barrett has been amazing us with his work for years, and we are very honored to have Beau IN THE HOUSE!

COURSE DESCRIPTION
This course will begin with going over important fundamentals of working with glass tubing, then expand into more advanced pattern, color and shaping techniques/methods to create unique blown beads and small scale objects. Creating beads this way gives the maker a great deal of freedom in regards to shape, size and applicable techniques such as; inclamo, line twists, inside work and shaping with air. Pulling and prepping points. Crucial tools and how to use them. Inside and outside decorating techniques; dots, lines, frit, fuming. Working characteristics of various colors, and how to get the most from them. Color Theory. Small scale incalmo techniques. Shapes, how to arrive at and finish them.
COURSE LEVEL - INTERMEDIATE

We hope you can join us for this amazing class!

For registration information, please visit the Indy Flame Art website.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 317-366-8848.

Class Policy: All classes require a 50% non-refundable deposit to reserve your seat. Should Indy Flame Art, LLC need to cancel for any reason, you will receive a full refund or credit towards another class, which ever you prefer. Once enrollment supports this class moving forward, you will receive a confirmation. Please do not make travel arrangements prior to this notification. Indy Flame Art, LLC will not be responsible for any non-refundable travel arrangements, for any reason, at any time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forgive everyone of everything, instantly
Old 2013-12-28, 5:50pm

Wow! I've signed up and twisted a friend's arm (lightly) so she signed up...this is a great opportunity! Beau's beads are perfection!
Old 2013-12-28, 5:55pm

So glad to hear that you have signed up. Is your friend Karen? She signed up, and I can't wait to see her, and meet you!

It is sure to be a GREAT class!

Old 2013-12-29, 5:56pm

Yes, Karen is my friend--we are excited about coming down for the class!
Old 2013-12-29, 8:36pm

Sniff............

Barbara
Old 2014-01-13, 4:15am

Bump

Old 2014-01-15, 5:49pm
HotFlash Designs

I've not taken classes in your studio yet. I just have a question.(or 2)

What type of torch is used for the class? and would prior tubing experience be necessary?

Off to your web site now. I bet I find the answers there.

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2014-01-16, 4:40am

Hi Sheri!

The studio is equipped with mostly Minors and Mini CC's. Prior tubing experience is helpful, but not necessary. Beau assured me that the torches will be fine for the blown beads.

I hope you can join us! It would be great to meet you!

Let me know if you have any other questions

Lisa

Old 2014-01-16, 5:37am
Shelarious

Sheri, it's a beautiful studio in a nice space. Ventilation is ideal, and Lisa knows what she's doing & is a gracious host. Don't hesitate to take a class there!

Old 2014-01-16, 6:31am

Thanks Shelley! I really appreciate that! I hope to see you again soon!

Tags
beau barrett, boro class