Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-03-03, 6:10am

Default March Show & Tell

What? No March S&T yet? I've only got a simple bead but I'll start us off. Bring on those boro beauties!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Angela Kane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2010-03-03, 9:20am
Megan's personal Sherpa

Yummy! I love the colors! Guess I'd better have a boro day soon!

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2010-03-03, 2:19pm

Pretty nice way to start the thread I have to say....nice work!
Old 2010-03-03, 3:27pm

Just a set from me

Scott

ESTY
Old 2010-03-03, 4:18pm

Angela, sweet color!!!! Love the cored bead!
Scott, what do you mean..."just a set"? Sets take effort.....and perseverance Nice set!!

Old 2010-03-04, 5:00am

I am sooooooo ready for winter to be over! Even though it's my favorite season, I am ready for it to be gone and warm weather to take its place If Mother Nature isn't going to make it happen for a little bit longer, I can make it happen in my studio Here's part of my Spring Collection.....

Last edited by Kim V; 2010-03-04 at 5:56am. Reason: changed photo size....appeasing the husband :-)
Old 2010-03-04, 5:26am
boro color bender

Beautiful beads... and oh Miss Kim...

Here's a new fish pendant I've been developing... finally happy with the end results... I'm at least making progress! LOL

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-03-04, 6:29am

Default March Madness!

I just finished this piece. Its a wedding gift. I'm thinking of making more. I etched the base using photo resist. I just set up a blasting system and hope to play around with etching the flowers as well. By the way, all of the beads on this thread are great!
Old 2010-03-04, 8:13am
boro color bender

Beautiful gift!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-03-04, 9:12am
Glassy Broad :-)

Amazing work all of it...but Brent, those fish just take my breath away...Awesome
Hugs
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-03-04, 12:47pm

Kim, you have indeed brought some spring into your life with those hearts! Beautiful colors. The mint green one is my fav!

Brent! WOW! I'm speechless (which is rather unusual for me...).

Lampro1, gorgeous! I'm double-speechless!

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2010-03-04, 6:04pm
boro color bender

Here's a little group shot. i did a white one today... she'll be named Bianca!

Old 2010-03-04, 6:09pm

Default Soft glass fish focals

Wow Brent you'r fish are mesmerizing!! The eyes glare right at me. Here are some soft glass fish focals, I'm getting better at not burning my colors.

#W122
Old 2010-03-04, 9:48pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

I made a couple more ponies (now THERE'S a surprise.......) and a "junk" pendant (both sides).
Momka's Experimental Pink and Magic Mirror

GA's Silver Strike 3 and Silver Strike 5 over clear.....and Magic Mirror

Lots of bits and pieces off my work bench!

Deb
Old 2010-03-04, 10:12pm

Brent - These little guys are adorable!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Here's a little group shot. i did a white one today... she'll be named Bianca!

Old 2010-03-05, 7:43am
The Battle of Boro Boro

Smiley - Those are some sweet fish. Love the incorporation of the honeycomb eye cane.

Deb - Isn't it awesome how bench scraps can create some amazing work? Nice.

Old 2010-03-05, 7:34pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Thanks Jamie, I started doing that with my soft glass stuff last year and finally realized I should try it with the boro......duh! I made a fun, abstract conglomerate of a bunch of flower petals that I pulled and stringer ends and failed sculptural flowers, etc. a few months ago and called it "Boro Hangover". It sits in my craft cabinet now but I think I need to move it out to a prominent place in the house to display it!

Deb
Old 2010-03-05, 8:20pm
funny mofo

Deb, your "junk" pendant reminds me of Edvard Munch's "The Scream". It's the angles, the colors, and the swirly bits that do it. Especially the picture on the left. I love it!
Old 2010-03-06, 7:58am
The Battle of Boro Boro

Deb - It's one of those fun things I do to challenge myself...give yourself limited material like scraps bits and have to rely on your solely on your creativity and technique to see what you can do with them.

Funny thing is that I market them as tributes to the glass gods...and they usually sell first at my shows. Think of it as appeasing the gods by using every bit of boro goodness they have allowed you to have. Ha ha.

Old 2010-03-06, 9:34am
Megan's personal Sherpa

Thanks AuntD! I am constantly amazed at what can happen with boro. Jamie, I agree, the bits and pieces teach us sooooo much about innovation and creativity! Thank you!

Deb
Old 2010-03-06, 9:50am
passionate about pets

Quote:

Brent - I love how the lines are so smooth. very flowy...Love the progression. this one by far is my fav though

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2010-03-06, 6:24pm

Here is a tubing implosion I did with a color I mixed myself. I dont remember what its made from, maybe cobalt with tin and/or silver. I need to keep better notes. This rod had been sitting in my room for a few months because I didnt like the look of it. Before you work it, its quite ugly. The outer ring (really short and hard to see) is Green Amber Purple. I made another piece with this color and some green I mixed from straight chromium oxide. It was my first implosion with 19mm tubing so its a little wonky and flat.

Old 2010-03-07, 8:38am

Default Kalera style butterscotch blues

Great fish, Brent... and I always love to see your horses, Patezd.
Attached Images

Last edited by LAG; 2010-03-07 at 8:43am. Reason: I forget the picture all the time.. hmmm
Old 2010-03-07, 8:43am

Kim, I am soooo ready for winter to be over and warmth !!!! I love your stuff always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim V View Post
I am sooooooo ready for winter to be over! Even though it's my favorite season, I am ready for it to be gone and warm weather to take its place If Mother Nature isn't going to make it happen for a little bit longer, I can make it happen in my studio Here's part of my Spring Collection.....

R-118
Old 2010-03-07, 8:45am

aw, yes!! Kim, your hearts! Yup Yup Yup

Old 2010-03-07, 8:46am

OMG beautiful Brent!

Quote:
Beautiful beads... and oh Miss Kim...

Here's a new fish pendant I've been developing... finally happy with the end results... I'm at least making progress! LOL

R-118
Old 2010-03-07, 9:11pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Thanks Kay! Hmmmmmmm........Elk, Washington.......gotta be on the East side, right? I have a friend who has a Dressage and Hunter Jumper barn called Last Chance Ranch too!

Deb
Old 2010-03-07, 9:29pm

north of Spokane.. where is this place .. the hj place? I have had people ask if we rescue horses... no.. it's just our last chance to have a ranch!!

Old 2010-03-08, 8:47am
Life is good

As always, all of you guys amaze and inspire me. Love the fish and the dragons. The Flower tree is pretty cool too. I'll put a couple pics up of some things I did recently. The hearts are thanks to Brents tutorial. Keep in mind that I have been away from glass for over 20 years. Thanks for sharing and letting me do the same.
Attached Images

Old 2010-03-08, 9:29am

Welcome back Dave, is it like riding a bicycle once you know you never forget?