Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-01-03, 4:41pm

Default Maine Area Glass Jam--January 16-17--Rockland, Maine

Please Join us for a
A MLK Day Weekend Glass Jam!

January 16-17, 2010 ---- Playing with Fire! - Rockland, Maine

Starting at 9:00 am... going 'til we drop on Saturday night, then we do it again on Sunday! Come for just one day, or both days. $25/day/person = torch time, friends, food, networking, sharing of new techniques/products, door prizes, and whatever else you can think of!

We have ten torch stations and a variety of torches to share. Bring techniques, questions, show and tell... Bring your latest book/magazine, new glass... to share... request a demo, do a demo... It's always a friendly mix of veterans and newbies. Any level of glass working experience welcome... torching, sharing, networking... and a good time with all!

Bring your flameworking glasses, and any glass or tools that you'll want to work with. Glass for sale also. We have studio tools that you're welcome to use. Bring your own torch if you wish (if you have quick-connects). Bring questions and techniques to share.

POT LUCK, both days please, and thank you! Bring your favorite dishes to share! We'll provide coffee, teas, water, and treats. We have a gas grill on the deck, and a kitchen with range and microwave for cooking and reheating. Get the ball rolling, and post your RSVPs (and your pot luck contribution plans) here in this thread!

Please RSVP - hotglass@midcoast.com
or 207-594-7805
*RSVPs most appreciated, but if you find that you can make it at the last minute, please do.*

Accommodations: The Old Granite Inn , right across the street, offers a year-round 20% off discount to our students/guests, and they do not mind if a group/s share/s the larger suite/s. (We can coordinate room shares here in this thread, too.) See listings for additional accommodations at http://www.therealmaine.com

Ed & Virginia
Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery
497 Main Street * Rockland, ME 04841
Studio/Hotshop at lower level/harborside www.playingwithfireglassworks.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-03, 5:08pm

I'll RSVP in a moment... just wanted to hop in to say that if anyone hasn't been to our favorite studio in Rockland, NOW is the time to change that!

Wonderful people, wonderful studio and over the moon everything.

Oh and Phyllis is going to teach Emily and I how to bead crochet (since I didn't catch on when Sally tried to teach me!). Kristi also wants to know how to do this.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2010-01-03, 5:24pm

OHHHH, I wanna go...I wanna go! I'm gonna mapquest it, but I think it's a helluva ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-01-03, 5:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
OHHHH, I wanna go...I wanna go! I'm gonna mapquest it, but I think it's a helluva ride!
Rudy, it's worth every single mile of the ride. Honest. Come on over and play with us.

Sue
Old 2010-01-03, 5:31pm

I'm being wimpy cause it's too early to know what the weather will be. The ride up from southern NH is all coast...I'm sure it would be a beautiful ride as long as there are no storms. I think I'll check in with you guys that week...when we have a good idea of the weekend weather! In the meantime, can you all please refrain from talking about this...not another word....nothing....nada....zip! Any further discussion would be torture for me!
: - )

Old 2010-01-03, 6:47pm
Crafty Celia

Yaaaay!!!!!! I really hope I can come! It was so much fun last time. I'm in Mexico right now, but I get back the 14th. I'll be there if I can swing it!!!!
Celia
Old 2010-01-03, 7:20pm

I really, REALLY want to go as well, but like Rudy, I'm going to wait a bit to maybe get a better idea on the weather.

Duane
PS Hey Virginia...yummmmm chicken wings !

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2010-01-03, 7:29pm

NH is nothin', we've had folks drive up from New Jersey!!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-01-03, 8:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty celia View Post
Yaaaay!!!!!! I really hope I can come! It was so much fun last time. I'm in Mexico right now, but I get back the 14th. I'll be there if I can swing it!!!!
Celia
Hey Celia! We hope to see you both! Yea!!

Old 2010-01-03, 8:44pm

Quote:
Wait, you're in southern NH, aren't you????

Yes, folks come from as far away NJ for a jam! Yup, last we heard, Jo is planning on coming up! (Yea!)

Old 2010-01-03, 8:50pm

Quote:
I'm being wimpy cause it's too early to know what the weather will be. The ride up from southern NH is all coast...I'm sure it would be a beautiful ride as long as there are no storms. I think I'll check in with you guys that week...when we have a good idea of the weekend weather! In the meantime, can you all please refrain from talking about this...not another word....nothing....nada....zip! Any further discussion would be torture for me!
: - )
OK, we won't talk about it anymore -- LOL!

Hope you can make it, and hoping that the storms will be non-existent! Of course, we'll be looking at the weather at the beginning of the week, too.

Also, consider coordinating some rendezvous point/carpooling. There are 'park and ride' places along the coast.

Old 2010-01-03, 8:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
Rudy, it's worth every single mile of the ride. Honest. Come on over and play with us.

Sue

Awww, thanks Sue!

Duane, those wings sure were yummy!!!!!!!!! Don't you even think about backing out! LOL!

Old 2010-01-03, 8:56pm

Default JAM

I'll be there! And Sue you are right, I'd like to know how to do the crochet thing....can Phyllis post what we need to bring so we are prepared? I'd love to actually make and finish something...(I have this issue with unfinished projects....I'm working on that).
Sonje, can you make it? (please say yes, please say yes)
As for pot luck...it's too early to be sure what I'll bring, but I'm thinking Spinach Salad, chicken something, and of course, something sweet!
I can't wait to see my glass friends!
Old 2010-01-03, 9:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeadgal View Post
I'll be there! And Sue you are right, I'd like to know how to do the crochet thing....can Phyllis post what we need to bring so we are prepared? I'd love to actually make and finish something...(I have this issue with unfinished projects....I'm working on that).
Sonje, can you make it? (please say yes, please say yes)
As for pot luck...it's too early to be sure what I'll bring, but I'm thinking Spinach Salad, chicken something, and of course, something sweet!
I can't wait to see my glass friends!
Kristi! Yea, see you then! Everything you bring is always yummy to the nth degree!

Emily's actually quite got the hang of the bead crochet. I'm getting it. With any luck, they'll be three of us to get people going.

Size 8 beads or larger (size 6) and knit cro-sheen are a good place to start, so you can more easily see what you're doing. A small hook... size 11 or 10 If you have 5-6 different colors in the same size, bring them, as that allows you to see a spiral pattern (i.e., see where you are going to take the next stitch) as you're learning.

Old 2010-01-04, 12:15pm
Queen Bee

Holy Moly, you're up there! I'm in Northern CT and it's at least a 5 hr. drive in good weather from here. Grilling on the deck in Jan - you Maine folks are a hardy bunch!!! Brrrrrr!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2010-01-05, 11:21am

Call me lucky and call me happy!!!!!! My surgeon says my gall bladder has to go. She's so sure of it that she scheduled the surgery already! I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow (1/6/10) but thank God she's scheduled the actual surgery for January 21st!!!!

That is AFTER the glass jam! I kid you not, when she said surgery... my heart sank and I thought for sure I was going to miss the jam. Hell, even if I flippin' die on the table, I will have made it to the glass jam!!! YEAH...G O ME!!!

Oh, it's outpatient surgery so I'm not expecting to kick off but in the relative scheme of things, I DO have my priorities and making the glass jam before I die is one of them!

I think I'll bring a crock pot of meatballs and gravy.... not sweet and sour this time but regular brown gravy. (Packaged mixes so don't get too over the moon about me cooking... probably prepared frozen meatballs too but it's tasty!)

Sue

Last edited by Sue in Maine; 2010-01-05 at 6:35pm.
Old 2010-01-05, 6:31pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
Call me lucky and call me happy!!!!!! My surgeon says my gall bladder has to go. She's so sure of it that she scheduled the surgery already! I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow (1/6/10) but thank God she's scheduled it for January 21st!!!!

That is AFTER the glass jam! I kid you not, when she said surgery... my heart sank and I thought for sure I was going to miss the jam. Hell, even if I flippin' die on the table, I will have made it to the glass jam!!! YEAH...G O ME!!!

Oh, it's outpatient surgery so I'm not expecting to kick off but in the relative scheme of things, I DO have my priorities and making the glass jam before I die is one of them!

I think I'll bring a crock pot of meatballs and gravy.... not sweet and sour this time but regular brown gravy. (Packaged mixes so don't get too over the moon about me cooking... probably prepared frozen meatballs too but it's tasty!)

Sue

Oh Sue,
Sorry to hear about the surgery, but glad to know you got an answer, and your Dear Doc is so competent.

And glad to know you have your priorities in order! LOL! We'll see you at the Jam!

Feel better,
(((hugs)))

Old 2010-01-06, 8:10pm
Crafty Celia

I just spoke with Mum and it looks like we'll be able to make it. However, we stayed in the campground last time we came up. Looks like it might be a bit chilly for that, if the campground is even open. Does anyone have suggestions of where we could stay? Hope to see you all soon!
~Celia
Old 2010-01-06, 8:46pm
Keeper of the Flame

I will be keeping an eye on the weather and in communication with JoJo. I have some cookies in the freezer I can bring. I will also bring a heart healthy oriental chicken salad.
Old 2010-01-06, 10:49pm

yup hopefully comin up wit jazze. so fingers and toes crossed that the weather is kind!
Old 2010-01-07, 7:18am

Sue- if I don't make it to the Jam I hope your surgery goes well! I hope I can make it- I've been SO out of touch. I haven't torched for a year! I NEED to get back into it!

Old 2010-01-07, 9:06am

This is great, I can actually make it ! Looking forward to meeting up with everyone; I plan on bringing broccoli salad and white chili.

Tina
Old 2010-01-09, 9:09am

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty celia View Post
I just spoke with Mum and it looks like we'll be able to make it. However, we stayed in the campground last time we came up. Looks like it might be a bit chilly for that, if the campground is even open. Does anyone have suggestions of where we could stay? Hope to see you all soon!
~Celia
Yes, chilly for camping! PMing you

Old 2010-01-09, 9:10am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazze View Post
I will be keeping an eye on the weather and in communication with JoJo. I have some cookies in the freezer I can bring. I will also bring a heart healthy oriental chicken salad.
Yea Jazze and Jojo!

The weather wouldn't dare screw up our plans! Looking forward to seeing you!

Old 2010-01-09, 9:11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi View Post
Sue- if I don't make it to the Jam I hope your surgery goes well! I hope I can make it- I've been SO out of touch. I haven't torched for a year! I NEED to get back into it!
Cyndi!
Where have you been? We've missed you! We hope you can make it, it would be great to see you again!

Old 2010-01-09, 9:15am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi View Post
For heavens sake! I thought you fell off the face of the planet! It is so good to get a note from you here. Kristi and I were just talking and I can't remember why but your name came up and we both said we hadn't heard from you in forever.

What's up with you? Not torching for a year? OMWord, that must be awful. I hope all is well over in the Rumford area.

Sue
Old 2010-01-09, 9:17am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverReflections View Post
This is great, I can actually make it ! Looking forward to meeting up with everyone; I plan on bringing broccoli salad and white chili.

Tina
TINA!!! I am so looking forward to seeing you. It has also been quite a while!

This jam is shaping up to be a fantastic one! Look at all our friends, old and new, who are planning to be there! I can NOT wait! If Paul can't make it, oh well, I will be sorry but maybe I can make it both days.... hate to miss his bluegrass jam but this is going to be a great get together!

Sue
Old 2010-01-09, 9:32am
It's about time!

I haven't made reservations yet so I think I'll just be up for Saturday!
Old 2010-01-09, 9:42am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Creations View Post
I haven't made reservations yet so I think I'll just be up for Saturday!
Sonje, Kristi is looking for a roommate.... she's at The Granite Inn. Bet she'd share and if I stay over, I'll join you ladies and we can split 3 ways, even if I sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag!

Can you make it both days?

Sue
Old 2010-01-09, 2:05pm
It's about time!

You know, I wouldn't mind being her roommate!!! I'll drop her a line!! Thanks, Sonje