Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-10-13, 8:10pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

They don't work over the weekend filling order, so I imagine the link was taken down once they were at work today and realized what had happened.

The number of posts in the thread (or the timing of them) is hardly an indication of how many people had already ordered. I didn't post until hours later when people were talking about it. Of course, you are free to be as pissed off as you want, but when you post about it in public, you should be prepared to have people tell you that they think you are being unreasonable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-13, 8:18pm

I have no problem with people thinking what they want. This is the customer kiosk apparently where one can only give compliments, I guess. The fact is they screwed up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-13, 8:20pm
Totally Lost

Quote:
They don't work over the weekend filling order, so I imagine the link was taken down once they were at work today and realized what had happened.

The number of posts in the thread (or the timing of them) is hardly an indication of how many people had already ordered. I didn't post until hours later when people were talking about it. Of course, you are free to be as pissed off as you want, but when you post about it in public, you should be prepared to have people tell you that they think you are being unreasonable.
*applause*
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-10-13, 8:20pm

Or perhaps Frantz glass is above criticism

Old 2008-10-13, 8:21pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

no, but like I said, you have to be prepared to have others disagree if you post. In your opinion, they screwed up. In my opinion, they just sold out.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-13, 8:22pm

Timing

Old 2008-10-13, 8:43pm

Have you ever looked at the bottom of this board. There are over 9,000 members. How many of them saw that post at the exact same time as you did?
Frantz is a good company and their employees are courteous and really go above and beyond. I believe that they just didn't expect all the orders that DID come in and couldn't fill them all. I'm sure they will take care of you in another way but honestly, they are not obligated to!

Old 2008-10-13, 8:56pm
Totally Lost

BTW MadHatter...you didn't have to PM me. You could just post the info here.

Old 2008-10-13, 8:58pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
BTW MadHatter...you didn't have to PM me. You could just post the info here.
same here

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-13, 9:00pm
Totally Lost

Did the info not change your mind either?

Old 2008-10-13, 9:01pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Did the info not change your mind either?
Nope
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-13, 9:02pm
Totally Lost

Quote:
Nope
I figured.

Old 2008-10-13, 9:08pm

Quote:
Or perhaps Frantz glass is above criticism
Not the case. They just don't happen to deserve criticism for this one. I've worked retail for a number of years, and sometimes things sell out much, much quicker than anticipated, and all the vendor can do is apologize.

If you ordered just that product and it was sold out, it's certainly not a bait and switch, just poor timing or poor luck. If you ordered something else at the same time and are upset because you're "stuck" with your original items, perhaps you should have only ordered things you wanted to begin with.

Where someone posted in the list doesn't make a difference, either - I made sure to put the items in my cart and check out before posting, too.
(The words "quantities are limited" tend to encourage that sort of behavior.)

(FWIW, my reponses would be the same had I been able to snag a box or not...)

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-10-13, 9:14pm

You know what I work in a service industy too and when we screw up we compenste the customer. Cut and dry they screwed up they admitted they screwed up and they should do something. As for me I won't shop there for a while till I get over this but the others do deserve to be commpensated' When they write you back and say they screwed up Sorry about that. That is the kicker. Time to fix the problem

Old 2008-10-13, 10:09pm
I know, I can't spell

I was very upset on the part of frantz and I said my peice and I am sorry that I got so angry.

I will support Frantz glass for as long as I have money to.

Soon new stuff

Last edited by bluecatbeads; 2008-10-14 at 1:26pm. Reason: didn't feel appropiate to attack someone
Old 2008-10-13, 10:27pm

Madhatter, you're slinging about some nasty accusations about a company that has done alot of good for the lampworking community. You've stated that it was a "scam" and that they "screwed up."
I have to ask, did they "screw up" because they ran out of something that they stated was a limited quantity or is it only a "screw up" because you didn't get what you wanted?
You're certainly free to your opinions but before you start making accusations like "scam" and "bait & switch," you might want to actually know the legal definitions of the terms. Oh, while you're looking up those legal definitions, you might look up "libel" and "dafamation" too.

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2008-10-14, 6:08am
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
As for me I won't shop there for a while till I get over this
If I were Frantz Art Glass, I'd be very happy to read this.

Old 2008-10-14, 6:29am

Quote:
If I were Frantz Art Glass, I'd be very happy to read this.
ROFLMAO.....
(hey, I'm with Nikki--I manage retail--there's just *some* people, that when they say "I'm never coming back", you *verbally* say "oh, well, I'm sorry to hear that" but *metally* you're thinking "oh, thank the heavens!!!! please, promise me???"
)

Only thing I wish Frantz would do is add "real-time" quantities to their website...I mean, if someone little like Gail @ GGGlass can do it, you'd think someone big like Frantz could do it to, huh? (yes, you pretty much HAVE to do inventory to do that, & yes, it *does* suck, but it's sooooo much easier on your employees to be able to just check the computer to see if you've got something in stock...no more searching the sales floor, no more digging through warehouses, & hey, people can just order & the computer can just add/subtract & stop taking orders when stuff is "sold out"!!
)
~luna
(coming up on another quarterly inventory in a month
...happy, happy, joy, joy....not!
)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-10-14, 6:40am
I like to melt things

I have to say that I am disappointed by this as well. What is the point of having a website for people to order from if it doesn't reflect what you actually have for sale?

I view the order confirmation that I received as a contract that I bought what I bought and they ought to be sending it. If they don't feel that way, fine, but I don't need to order anything else.

-
-
Old 2008-10-14, 6:50am

Come on. How many times have we all jumped to hit that "BUY" button when DoubleHelix was putting out a limited amount of silver glass when they were new? You were thrilled if you got some and you watched the clock like a hawk when the next time came....

The ad said "limited quantity" and they sold out. End of story.

Sour grapes cuz you didn't get some so you come here and flame them? Frantz has been very good to the lampworking community and they have a stellar reputation.

You won't order from them again? Good, all the more for the rest of us and I suspect Frantz can do without your order as well... can't really speak for them but I suspect they'll still be in business without your order. You are cutting your nose off to spite your face if you let this limited quantity sell-out affect your future buying with them.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2008-10-14, 6:51am
Melting

I still haven't even heard if I got mine or not...all this time I thought I was getting a box! I guess I'm not though. I'm assuming I would have heard by now. I am pretty disappointed too.
But - I am still planning a HUGE (at least for me) order for their December sale!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2008-10-14, 8:02am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

I agree with Luna, they should really start having a real time website

Old 2008-10-14, 8:07am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
I think it is a lot easier to have a real time website when you are smaller than when you are the size of Frantz.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-14, 8:12am
Formerly known as LT

Mike is nothing if not honest and anyone that knows him knows that.

Old 2008-10-14, 9:03am
Happy 10 a.m.!

You ordered something that you were forwarned had a limited quantity and you didn't get one - BFD! Frantz certainly has no obligation to manufacture more for you just because you're disappointed. Grow up - move on - make beads, but don't go publicly flaming a great business for something this silly.

Mega Minor w/propane, tanked oxy and humor
Old 2008-10-14, 9:07am
Fancy Mammal

Quote:
Like Squid said, it's easier to have a real time web site when there's only one person pulling orders, only need one computer in one place.

Frantz does not have a love affair with the web.... let us all remember how much the site has improved
Old 2008-10-14, 9:08am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Like Squid said, it's easier to have a real time web site when there's only one person pulling orders, only need one computer in one place.

Frantz does not have a love affair with the web.... let us all remember how much the site has improved
Isn't that the truth. I refused to order from them with that old site they had - it was ridiculous.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-14, 9:27am
traumaqueen

my post got lost

Anyway I'll ask again

Squid, is there really a big difference between having a large stock or small stock when it comes to automatic real time websites? I have no clue about websites so I'd really like to know

Old 2008-10-14, 9:36am

I've worked with a number of them -
in most cases, the difficulty is not in the stock amount - but the location of sales. For example, with real time inventory and the system I have -anything sold online is automatically taken from inventory - but when I do a show on site, I pull the inventory I am bringing from in stock and restock it when I return since I don't have inventory control set up at the show. I also do not have a retail front. Those are both other access to the data that require more programming and work and hardware.

I can't speak for Frantz, but I suspect this may be one source of their issues

It most likely comes down to priorities and where their time and effort and money is best spent at any point.

And let's not forget how much the online system there has improved!
Quote:
my post got lost

Anyway I'll ask again

Squid, is there really a big difference between having a large stock or small stock when it comes to automatic real time websites? I have no clue about websites so I'd really like to know
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2008-10-14, 10:03am
traumaqueen

ha I never thought of them selling off the counter ( stupid huh
), ya learn something new everyday.