Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-11-10, 5:19pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

Default Bases with bent mandrels

This isn't really a tutorial, more like an idea of what to do with slightly bent mandrels. Or badly bent mandrels, just cut the offending part and use the rest.

Being used by a couple of dragons.

The flower that the bottom dragon is using is also made on the end of a bent mandrel.
Hope this is helpful to someone out there. =)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-10, 5:26pm
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

Now that is one super clever idea Bruna!
Thank you so much for sharing

**of course I just know that I am going to find making the bases a doddle & shall have squllions of lovely empty bases surrounding me- cos I haven't got a snowballs chance in da hot place of making a dragon ;o)**

~
~
~
Old 2008-11-10, 5:37pm
Connie O

What a great idea!! Just knew I've been keeping all those bent mandrels for some reason.
Old 2008-11-10, 6:25pm

Super idea, those are really nice !! Thank you Bruna, and I love your Dragons !!
~~

Old 2008-11-10, 8:10pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

Thank you guys!!
just dont start bending madrels on purpose, just to make bases

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-10, 8:46pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

What a great idea!!!

Thanks for sharing .

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-11-10, 8:56pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

So clever! Thank you!

Jenny

Old 2008-11-11, 10:37am

Now that's a great idea! I would even bent some mandrels, if I didn't already have several of them...
But besides that: I really love your reading Dragon - its adorable!! It reminds me of the Dragons in the books of Chris d'Lacy (the fire within), which I like a lot.

Cheers!
Birgit

Old 2008-11-11, 12:05pm

Great idea Bruna! Love the Dragons ... really nice work!

Old 2008-11-11, 5:18pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

I'm very happy you guys like them.
One thing, I found that for me, it's easier to get a big blob of glass on the rod, frit it, twirl it or just leave it plain, then put it on the end of the mandre, center and squash. When winding the glass onto the mandrel, It came out wonkier. Again, that's my experience.

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-11, 6:21pm
Anyone need some spacers?

great idea thanks for sharing

Old 2008-11-11, 6:55pm
Wyoming Silvers

Brilliant! I have several that will be just perfect for this!
Old 2008-11-11, 9:57pm
Sucks at being nice

I do that with clear glass but I never thought of decorating it. Cool idea! I am totally in love with the dragons you have on top of your bases! They have fantastic personalities.

Old 2008-11-11, 10:37pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

aren't dragons fun?
I noticed your base under the gorgeous green dragon. I really love what you did with it, I've never used that kind of glass, but it looks delicious

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-11, 10:46pm
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruna View Post
This isn't really a tutorial, more like an idea of what to do with slightly bent mandrels. Or badly bent mandrels, just cut the offending part and use the rest.

Being used by a couple of dragons.

The flower that the bottom dragon is using is also made on the end of a bent mandrel.
Hope this is helpful to someone out there. =)
BRUNA U R 2 SMART GF!!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!
Old 2008-11-11, 11:47pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

go make some, Susan! LOL. =)

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-12, 12:11am
Happy 10 a.m.!

What a fantastic idea! Thanks so much for sharing - and wow, that dragon is incredible!

Mega Minor w/propane, tanked oxy and humor
Old 2008-11-14, 1:36pm

What a great idea! Thank you for sharing.

Old 2008-11-15, 7:03am

Bruna, what a cool idea. My wheels are turning....

Minor
Old 2008-11-15, 2:48pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

hey! how come nobody's posting pics of your bases??

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-15, 4:11pm
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

super duper idea Bruna... im gonna have to try and make some next time i torch
thanks for sharing

Old 2008-11-20, 9:03pm

Very Creative...lampworkers seem to have minds that are ALWAYS THINKING "WHAT IF?"

Beads galore at my ebay store!

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2009-03-16, 5:26am
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

I love this idea bruna!!!!!!