Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-06-19, 9:39am
Chief Creative Goddess

Default Ultra Sonic Cleaner--work well to remove Bead Release?

I am considering buying an Ultra Sonic Cleaner to clean the bead release out of my beads. Any thoughts? Reccomendations? Reasons why yes or no? Thank You! ANY info shared is much appreciated!
Smiles, Sheri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-06-19, 11:14am
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Here are a couple of threads about it. I use the BeadReamer from Art in the Round.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ght=ultrasonic

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ght=ultrasonic

Vivian

-

Old 2014-06-19, 11:39am
Chief Creative Goddess

I use my BeadReamer too and love it--but I am having some kind of reaction to the BR and have to wear Nitrile gloves to torch and clean!! Holding the little spacers to clean is a major booger. My SIL works for a Dental supply co and I was thinking of getting one of their Professional Ultra Sonic Cleaner to save my bleeding aching hands!

Old 2014-06-20, 8:50am

I use the Beadreamer too but an ultra sonic cleaner sounds so much easier! That would be great if this works well

Handmade Murrini Chips, Glass Beads, & Lampwork Tutorials
Old 2014-06-20, 10:31am
Against the Grain

It sounds like a nice easy way to clean out the bead release. Unfortunately, it did not work for me.

Old 2014-06-20, 6:36pm
Wonder-wench

I tried one of the cheap, small ultrasonic jewelry cleaners for removing BR, no joy

Old 2014-06-20, 10:12pm

I haven't had any success with using the ultrasonic on my beads, but it *does* work to get the bead release off my cabs - eventually. It takes several-many cycles (mine only goes for like two-three minutes at a time), but if I've got a bunch of cabs to clean tossing them in and reaching over periodically to hit the button again while I work on something else is better than having to clean them all myself.
Old 2014-06-21, 2:18pm
Glass-aholic

What release are u using? I'm using blue sludge and usually just running the mandrel is enough. I used to clean all my beads with the BeadReamer from art in the round as well, but the blue stuff comes off so easily I haven't been using it on many beads at all.

At least with just the mandrel, you would not have to worry too much about getting it on you as much as w/the Dremel. Maybe.... Lol

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-06-21, 7:46pm

Default works well

loosens the bead release making it much easier and faster to clean

Tags
ultra sonic cleaner