No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-11-14, 12:59pm
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurnHill View Post
I want this color, with this luster too--Magenta Dreams.

And this color in both transparent and opaque--Hot Violet

And Sunset Coral in 104.
That is my color!! Magenta violet. *swoon*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-11-14, 1:16pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
That is my color!! Magenta violet. *swoon*
That's the color I call hooker lipstick. I get my toenails polished with that color every once in a while.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-11-14, 2:38pm

Lauscha does have a transparent pink (not raspberry) that stays pink!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2012-11-14, 2:42pm

Cheap, optically pure, bubble free, scum free, perfect, 104 COE clear that doesn't react with silver or gold.
Old 2012-11-14, 6:18pm
offically down under

Opaque purple.
Attached Images

Old 2012-11-14, 7:19pm
Wonder-wench

has the working properties of clear boro in all the colors available in soft glass. Or a single type of glass that changes color depending on kiln temperature to any color of the rainbow

Old 2012-11-14, 7:21pm

How about a red that is a pretty non streaky lady bug red, not the orange color red they have now.oh the good old days/die lots.
Old 2012-11-14, 8:33pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

So...it would be opaque Amber Rose?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
First of all, I'd want to know how they got in the house past the dogs and into my bedroom. lol
Then I'd want this-

Peach/cantaloupe in 104. An absolutely luscious opaque deep peachy melon that doesn't come from an odd lot coral, doesn't streak, white or gray out, and can retain it's opacity in murrini, twists and florals. And a corresponding transparent that's not wimpy. I'd call it Tropical Dream.

Old 2012-11-14, 8:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammydownunder View Post
Opaque purple.
Omg yes
Old 2012-11-15, 6:06am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Irish Girl View Post
So...it would be opaque Amber Rose?????
Pretty much, but on steroids. I'd want the transparent to be 'roided too. lol

There are some great colors in here. I'd love any of the purple/magentas too.

Old 2012-11-15, 6:11am
Formerly FishBulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
First of all, I'd want to know how they got in the house past the dogs and into my bedroom. lol
Then I'd want this-

Peach/cantaloupe in 104. An absolutely luscious opaque deep peachy melon that doesn't come from an odd lot coral, doesn't streak, white or gray out, and can retain it's opacity in murrini, twists and florals. And a corresponding transparent that's not wimpy. I'd call it Tropical Dream.
This colour is what I was thinking and you put it perfectly. I'd call it "Finally!" or "It's About Time!" or something indicating my need for this kind of colour.

I know Vetrofond Sherbet was like that but sometimes it would turn a more yellowy orange.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-11-15, 7:02am
Redheaded Thread Killer

This. Call it "Unicorn"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
Cheap, optically pure, bubble free, scum free, perfect, 104 COE clear that doesn't react with silver or gold.

Currently... torch is cold. Not sure when I'll be making glass again. Hothead and Lynx user.
Nothing on
Old 2012-11-15, 7:20am
Rose colored glasses…√

Sh*t. Now I want raspberry sorbet...

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2012-11-15, 5:00pm

I love raspberries!

I'd be happy to share that sorbet!

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2012-11-15, 6:46pm
Shelarious

Those purples, yes, that was my first thought. Can mix just about anything but a really nice purple it seems.

Old 2012-11-15, 9:14pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

You know when you go get sushi and they put that pile of delicious looking pickled ginger on the plate next to it? That's a pretty color. Has anyone ever eaten that stuff? If it didn't taste like peach pie I would be very disappointed.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-11-15, 9:25pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Dark Ivory in 90 and 96 COE
THIS!!!

Old 2012-11-16, 4:52pm
Wild at Heart!

Dark Ivory in boro

??
Old 2012-11-16, 5:27pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribeads View Post
You know when you go get sushi and they put that pile of delicious looking pickled ginger on the plate next to it? That's a pretty color. Has anyone ever eaten that stuff? If it didn't taste like peach pie I would be very disappointed.
You'll be disappointed...it tastes like pickled ginger, sweet, salty vinegary and hot all at once.

I love it, and it is a scrumptious colour too.

I put in a vote for hot purple, bright opaque pink (with no devit) and a rainbow of goldstone in 104coe.

I've always wanted a colour that matches smokey quartz. Brown/grey transparent.

Transparent red that doesnt burn or go livery.

Something a bit like Vetrofond silk, that when heated or treated goes wispy white like clouds in glass.

Custard...it's just like hot icecream!
Old 2012-11-16, 7:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by one hot beader View Post

Something a bit like Vetrofond silk, that when heated or treated goes wispy white like clouds in glass.
This.

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2012-11-16, 8:22pm
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribeads View Post
That's the color I call hooker lipstick. I get my toenails polished with that color every once in a while.
Oh sure, ruin my favorite color for me!

~