No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2013-06-15, 7:54am
Beads Beads Glass

Default looking for Feedback - Cane cookbook

Hi Everyone

I have been working on a run of short cheap tutorials on cane beads and the different techniques that they can be applied with, and the Easy way Vs the hard way of application.

I know a lot of you LE peeps have my cookbook (THANK YOU!!!!)

I would love any feedback and input you have that I can use to help improve the next set of tutorials, photos? colors? more descriptive descriptions? what would you like to see???

Please let me know I really want to gear these to make it clear and understandable for anyone to be able to use cane in all its many fantastic forms.

I also want to keep these Tutorials at around 10 bucks each and short enough that you can print them at home if you wanted to, I know my cookbook was on the pricey-end I really wish I could have made it more affordable.

please send me any input you have you can post here or PM me or you can Email me at canecookbook@gmail.com

Thank you again SO much!!!
Attached Images

Actions, even desperately stupid ones, have consequences

working on new blog
Old 2013-06-15, 2:28pm
Slogan Challenged...

Hmmm, I would say more pics of finished beads, and applications. I loved the cane I made with the workbook, but still found it hard to get used to using them. So, this idea sounds great! Otherwise, I think you did a great job with all the photos and descriptions. It was also very organized. I really loved mine. I think you are on the right track. Good luck

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Old 2013-06-15, 3:03pm

I have to say your cane cook book is great! Studio close up shots of finished beads are nice but for tutorial purposes for me seeing the finished beads in hand helps to judge what we're shooting for.

Here are some cane in the hand using your cookbook technique.
Attached Images

-> I'm Chuck, I like Glass Dots
mini cc - natural gas - oxycon - 104 coe

Last edited by Dott; 2013-06-15 at 3:25pm.
Old 2013-06-16, 1:08pm
Formerly FishBulb

I'm not really sure how you could improve, really! Your book also included things like how to identify cold spots on your gather, which you need to know before you pull them, and useful things like that. I suppose you could include a bigger gallery of your own beads, as well as the beads of others who used your recipes. Otherwise I thought it was just great!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2013-06-17, 8:23am
Beads Beads Glass

I sent everyone a PM thank you but I wanted to say THANK YOU again you guys are SO AWESOME!!!!!!

working on new blog
Old 2013-06-21, 12:38pm
Beads Beads Glass

we are going to do the photo shoot tonight for the first two tutorials I wanted to post a photo of the cane we pulled yesterday its all coming together so FAST!!!
Attached Images

working on new blog
Old 2013-07-24, 6:45pm

Smile Cane Cookbook

Hi Kimberly, I purchased your cane cook book and I think that it's terrific but when I tried printing it my printer rebelled and the two times that I tried printing it, it would start at the back and print only about half of it, so I have 2 copies of the last half of the cook book. The pages on the tutorial are numbered but my printed pages aren't numbered, so I'm very confused about what I have printed and what I haven't. It seems to have skipped some pages and reprinted other pages, so I have a mess on my hands, I was going to try and gather all the pages in two piles, and use my third attempt to try and number the pages that I have printed and then try and print what I'm missing. I'm not a very computer savvy, so all this is probably my fault because no one else seems to have had problems printing the cook book. Before I tried printing, I read a lot of it and found the information very clearly presented and very informative, but I'd like to print the entire cookbook so I can refer to it but am not sure how to go about it. Is there a time limit for my third attempt and what happens if I still can't print it all?

Thanks for any help or suggestions that you can give me. I'm actually a newbie at lampworking and have been busily buying tutorials and glass to play with and learn how to make glass beads.
Lydia
Old 2013-07-25, 7:45am
Beads Beads Glass

Question

Hi Lydia

I am not sure what is going on? I have never heard of it printing like that Thank you so much for letting me know.

What I would recommend is at the top of the page click on "file" and then "Save as" then rename the cookbook (I would just make it lower case) and save it as a "word file" not a PDF. it is a huge file and may just be more then your printer can handle. if it still will not print right as a word file then I would then move the file to a flash drive or CD, and take it to an office supply store and see if they can get it to print the way you want it too. they should even be able to bind it for you.

Make sure you get a quote before they print as they may be pricy.

I am not sure why it does not have numbers on the pages the published edition had the same problem, I was never able to find out why?

The time limit on the Email is one year and you should have 3 clicks per link. I am going to look up your Email and resend the links please let me know if you need more to get it to work

I am sorry I cannot be of more help.

- kim

working on new blog
Old 2013-07-25, 9:02am

Or, when you print, chose five pages at a time...
First print- pages 1-5
Second print- pages 6-10...

Old 2013-07-26, 7:12pm

Smile Cane cookbook

Hi Kim, Thanks for your suggestions and help. I did save the pdf and will see about printing again. Lydia
Old 2013-07-26, 7:15pm

Smile Cane cookbook

Hi Raimond,

I was going to try printing 25 pages at a time but maybe trying your suggestion of 5 pages would be a better approach. Thanks for the suggestion. Lydia
Old 2013-07-27, 9:22am

Just try and print a few pages at a time of the ones you don't have yet.