LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-01-31, 7:50pm
Debra Clutter

Thanks Dale for clarifying all the post. I have a scorpion that is 4 stud model. So far it is working great! If helpful my husband said we could open the box and take a picture of the inside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2012-02-01, 6:37pm
balanced but asymmetrical

I'd like to see your foot pedal box innards please.
Maybe it'll be the incentive I need to get mine together.
The parts are sitting here, yet I'm kinda chicken for some reason.

Old 2013-05-11, 8:14am

Default Where to buy plug

Dale,
Where would I get the plug you mentioned to put inplace of "out" B?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
IF torch is a "4 STUD" model, yes you would only need a set of basic solenoids (2) for outer ring .. Just put a "plug" in place of the "out" "B" fitting in the straight through line to what would be center fire of the "basic" drawing FOR the OXYGEN side ... So all you would have is the "IN" lines and the "out (cont.)" lines for oxygen side (of outer ring) and just run concentrator line to "center fire" stud....

The FUEL side can remain the same as "basic" sketch.... As it acts as a "Y" splitter for fuel where one side (straight through) would go to center fire stud and other side of "Y" with solenoid would go to outer ring stud...

I hope this makes sense in the daylight, its 4:00 am when I'm doing this and I'm supposed to be asleep...

Dale

Old 2013-05-11, 7:19pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Umm... if you're blocking a output, a "plug" may be just a 1/4NPT "pipe plug"...

INstead of one of these ("B" Fitting) ...

You would use one of these...

Most any hard ware store would have one...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2013-05-11 at 7:28pm.
Old 2013-05-14, 5:37pm
Playing with Fire!

This url is for a page we created 11 years ago when we built our first footpedal, click on the photos for larger images. Hope this helps.

http://playingwithfireglassworks.com/footpedal/

It is still working today... after 11 years of almost daily use!

Playing with Fire!
Old 2013-05-15, 9:12am

Thank you both for the information. It is very helpful to me as I tackle this project. My biggest worry is the solenoid and electrical connections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
Umm... if you're blocking a output, a "plug" may be just a 1/4NPT "pipe plug"...

INstead of one of these ("B" Fitting) ...

You would use one of these...

Most any hard ware store would have one...

Dale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Slawson View Post
This url is for a page we created 11 years ago when we built our first footpedal, click on the photos for larger images. Hope this helps.

http://playingwithfireglassworks.com/footpedal/

It is still working today... after 11 years of almost daily use!

Old 2013-05-15, 11:51am
I'm meeeeelting

If you use a foot switch that has an outlet-like plug in mechanism (such as the ones from harbor freight), an easy way to do the electrical is to buy a 3-prong extension cord, cut off the female end, cut a couple of pieces that you can strip and use for the solenoid connections and then use the remaining long piece with the male plug to connect to the other end of the wires you've attached to the solenoids. The plug will plug into the foot switch. That way you don't also have to a plug or wire the switch.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2015-07-05, 10:26am
balanced but asymmetrical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gila View Post
I'd like to see your foot pedal box innards please.
Maybe it'll be the incentive I need to get mine together.
The parts are sitting here, yet I'm kinda chicken for some reason.
Well, I finally made mine and it works great!
Can't believe I waited so long. Here is some ~encouragement~ for anyone sitting on the fence; get-to-it!

Old 2020-06-20, 9:09am

Default Thank you

Very helpful information