LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2007-03-31, 8:15pm
Covered in glitter

Default 'watercolor beads

I'm sorry JoyceMI for taking your picture without asking. If you want me to remove it, just let me know and I will.
Is the watercolor look of the flowers done with enamels? Any hints for me as to how to make these? (no I'm not copying those beads, OK?!) I absolutely love the colors and look.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2007-04-01, 7:19am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
I'm sorry JoyceMI for taking your picture without asking. If you want me to remove it, just let me know and I will.
Is the watercolor look of the flowers done with enamels? Any hints for me as to how to make these? (no I'm not copying those beads, OK?!) I absolutely love the colors and look.
Yes, enamels are one way to get the watercolor look. Probably the most popular technique. Roll a pale color rod in enamel and pull stringer. I didn't mention any color becuase you can use any color you like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-04-01, 8:17am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

When you think about using enamels....make sure you are using enamels for 104 COE....they come in opaque & transparent....most colors are opaque....I'm not sure how you would use transparents and get any effect....also make sure you do a lot of reading about enamels and make the decision that is right for you related to respiratory safety.....if you are sifting, you need the BIG KID respirator.....

With enamels, like rods, your color pallet is only limited by your imagination....mixing creates BEAUTIFUL shades/tones.....

Old 2007-04-01, 9:23am
Crazy Snake Lady

There's one artist who uses furnace cane for her watercolor beads. I thought at first it was enamel and then I asked and she told me about the Reichenbach colors.

http://www.glasscolor.com/lampworkin...rent_cane.aspx
Old 2007-04-01, 9:32am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

I always use a frit stringer over white or pink. Just take a rod of clear ( I use Lauscha), heat it to a ball and dunk it in transparant frit a couple of times and pull. Use it over white or another light color and voila

Old 2007-04-02, 11:50am

Nice bead! The color of that flower looks like either Lilac Rose or Purple Rose. Both are made by Zimmerman. It spreads out like crazy, so I would think that if you applied just a little and let it spread out, it would look take on a loose edge, which would give you that water color effect.

Not sure! I'm just guessing here!

Candy

Old 2007-04-07, 11:59am
Life is change. Love it

I've tried to get that look with enamels, but haven't had a whole lot of luck. The colours seem to get washed out. These beads are made using the transparent Reichenbach over effetre white. The colours are incredibly intense and really make the white spread.

Last edited by Carolyn M; 2007-05-17 at 8:38pm.
Old 2007-04-09, 6:56pm

Beautiful Carolyn ...

Old 2007-04-09, 7:20pm
mystical cat lover 56

Thumbs up

=d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d>
Old 2007-04-09, 7:20pm
mystical cat lover 56

It is beautiful !
Old 2007-04-10, 8:48am
Covered in glitter

Carolyn it is sweet! It looks pretty close to what I'm trying to do.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche