LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2007-04-02, 6:32am
Mary Lockwood

Just thought I'd add...if anyone has any questions about the tutorial, or if a part wasn't clear...fire away and I'll try to answer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-04-02, 9:29am
I think I could be a bead

Moth, it is a very well written tutorial. If I can follow the directions, it's got to be! Thanks again.

Mallory
Old 2007-04-02, 12:53pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

gawd I am so glad I am not the only one with the frog feet issue thing!!! I just can't get them placed properly. Everytime I think this is right... I add the frog and dayum....the feet are all wrong!

Lovely frogs all!

Old 2007-04-09, 6:48pm

Here's a couple of my best froggies!

Shawn

Old 2007-04-12, 4:53pm

Hi Mary your frog tut is fantastic!!!! i gave it ago last night & will try to get some pics today to show. i have another question for you though, im a huge pink lover & i've notice you use the pink & orange combo wonderfully, But which color & type of glass is that hot pink you use?? lol i've never seen anything like it!!
Still searching high & low for the holy grail of pinks, Sal.
Old 2007-04-13, 8:07am

Mary -

Just had a chance to look at your tutorial and gallery - beautiful work! Love your frogs!

email:

web:
Old 2007-05-25, 8:52pm
Mary Lockwood

Great work!!! Thanks for sharing.

The holy grail of pinks is a 5 year old batch of rubino that came with my original glass order. Usually, when I've got a pink frog, I've dragged out my stash of effetre rubino. It was a glorious pink. The later versions are a bit more washed out, but once you learn how to strike it you can get awesome color from it.

The only orange I use is effetre's old odd lot called 'orange delight', so if you are seeing orange and pink together, it is 'orange delight' and 'ancient rubino'.

When those are all used up this old dog will have to learn some new tricks. LOL

Thanks for the compliments! Have fun torchin'!!

~~Mary

Old 2007-05-26, 7:13am
Damn Frit Bitch

Smile

Mary! I love your frogs and I really love your BIRDS!! They are beautiful!! Are you going to Hot Times this year? I'm going to be there the 2nd weekend.... Can you teach me birds (though my frogs are still lacking your froggy cuteness)?!?? I've tried to get a bird or two, but haven't been successful. Do you do special orders- like a bluebird (like the real one) with a rust colored upper breast and white lower? I've got you as a fav seller on ebay, but you should consider sending out emails (free) to anybody interested when you put new things up on your website. Susan

And Shawn- love your frogs!!

Last edited by scouncil; 2007-05-26 at 7:14am. Reason: forgot to tell Shawn the frogs are lovely!
Old 2007-05-26, 4:38pm
Mary Lockwood

Hi Susan!!!

Nope, no hot times this year, unfortunately. I wish I could be there, I'd love to show you the birds.

I'll see what I can do by way of tutorial. That sounds like a fun project.

As far a special order birds...the next bird I make will be a naturalistic bluebird. If it turns out, I'll email you pix and give you first dibs on it. If you don't like it, I'll list it on eBay so there is no pressure on you to take it.

Have fun at hot times!!!!

~~Mary

Last edited by Moth; 2007-05-27 at 5:40pm.
Old 2007-05-26, 7:47pm

Thanks Mary!!!

(website in construction)
Old 2007-07-21, 1:48am

Thanks Mary for the info on pink & orange!
This is one of my attempts at your tutorial frogs!, Im still not getting the head "big"enough i think,but i do love it!!
Thanks again,Sal.

Old 2007-07-27, 1:44pm
Mary Lockwood

Sal, I think she's just great!!! I love that you put extra toes. Great eye placement too. Sometimes I tend to put their eyes too close together.

~~Mary

Old 2011-12-25, 12:15pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Bumpity bump bump bump!

I love her froggy tutorial as well. I just found this thread and wanted to give thanks again.

You have no idea how popular your frog design is in Russia Mary! They are hopping like mad crazy frogs over there.

I am going to try this tutorial this week again.

Old 2011-12-27, 7:40pm
Happy Inner Dragon

How Wonderful! Thank you

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2011-12-27, 7:58pm
Mr Brutus RIP

wow, so funny this one popped up tonight. I made a frog and was thinking how wonderful Marys frogs are and that I shoudl go look for her tutorial....... COOL!!
Mary, your tutorial is awesome, totally rocks!!
sue

Old 2011-12-27, 11:21pm

Love the frogs! Thank you Mary!
Old 2011-12-28, 3:30pm
Evil Glass Enabler

I just realized I've never thanked you in this thread for this tutorial though I'd pointed several people to it. Thank you SO much. Unfortunately I lost several of my favorite frogs of yours in the house fire in February. Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2012-07-06, 4:18pm

Default frog tutorial

I realize you posted this 5 years ago, but is the tutorial still available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Warts and all, I finally made the frog tutorial I've been meaning to do for over a year.

It is on the tutorials page of my site (you can get there through my signature line).

The pictures are HUGE and if I try to make them smaller they look like crap, so you are gonna have to go there to see the good pictures. Note, you will have to scroll left-right and up-down.

However, I have uploaded slightly smaller, easier to load versions into my beadartists.org gallery for those of you with dial-up who want to kill me for making the pix so huge. Unfortunately, even though those are bigger than what I'd be able to upload here..they are still not great for clarity.

Just go to my site, click on the links for page one, and page two, right click and save them to your computer then you can print them out easier. I hope.

Enjoy!

~~Mary
Old 2012-07-06, 5:37pm
Loving learning

http://www.marylockwood.com/files/fr...intquality.pdf

There you go ~
Old 2012-10-19, 1:17pm
Practicing perfect

Mary,
This is awesome! Some great frogs came out of this. Thank you so much for sharing.

Old 2012-10-19, 1:35pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you for bumping this thread. I need to try frogs again soon.

Old 2012-10-19, 1:48pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Here's my goes at it They've got dichro on their backs and Rubino toes

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2020-10-13, 2:35pm

I know this is a very old thread, but is this tutorial still available ?