Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2008-01-02, 4:24pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasser View Post
Frit S**T, what's with all those presses?
Ok I read down and see that you are testing presses and frit. What does one have to do to be an official tester? Do you get to keep them after you test them?

This is timely, as Dh is remodeling my stained glass studio to accomadate my torch and a jewelry bench. See lots of good ideas, thanks Pam

Hi Pam,

Yes, I do get to keep the presses and frit As for being a tester it just being at the right place at the right time. I wish I would of kept up a frit page like I do for Robin with all the frit I play with. That has got to be the best thing I have ever done to give clients a color pallet to choose from.

I would love to see your space when your done with it!

Dawn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-01-03, 11:22am
Live and Let Live

Holy Moooooo! If the lounge couch is a pull-out bed too, I don't see a reason for you to ever go up the stairs again! VERY nice space! Now that you've got all that experience under your belt, wanna come build me one? hee, hee, hee...

Old 2008-01-03, 11:27am

Dawn
Thank you for being so generous with your knowledge, time and pictures! What an inspiration this is!
Jen
Old 2008-01-06, 12:03pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I can't wait to see this on the 19th in person!

Old 2008-01-10, 5:05am
Molten Glass Addict

I love those blue and yellow lights, can I ask where you found those? Are they art glass?

Actually, I love the whole place, very nice. It looks like a little get-a-way.

I get to start mine this coming summer. I'm so excited. I'm tearing down an old chicken coup and building on that, because there's already a footing there. And it's the perfect size.

< me in my younger days

< me now days

< me after a pomegranate rum slushie

Old 2008-01-10, 11:30am
Your Royal Fritness

I bought those at Lowes. They were about $15 each. They really have a nice selection of lights to choose from.

I would love to see pictures of your studio when you done!

Dawn

Old 2008-01-10, 12:17pm
Mary Lockwood

Awesome studio!

Now I feel goofy that I'm thrilled to have a new studio that actually looks like your 'before' picture. LMAO

~~Mary

Old 2008-03-09, 7:28pm

Dawn - your set up is awsome and it's so cozy. Question - Where did you purchase the cabinets and the counter surface from? They appear to be kitchen are bathroom cabinetry? Also, what are the measurements (i.e. width, height, depth, length)?

Thanks,
FireFlicker
Old 2008-03-09, 8:00pm
Your Royal Fritness

Hi,

I ordered the cabinets and counter tops from Home depot. My work area is desk height. I'll take measurements tomorrow and let you know.

Have a nice night, Dawn

Last edited by Mustang Dawn; 2008-03-10 at 6:51am.
Old 2008-03-09, 8:07pm
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

beautiful set up you got there... thanks for sharing

Old 2008-03-09, 8:35pm
Fire! Fire! Fire!

Thanks so much for posting your pics! My husband and I JUST started construction on my studio and are getting lots of what you have from home depot too!

I just love your setup. You must be so fulfilled. Congrats!

Old 2008-03-09, 8:57pm

wow-wow-wowee.....if you had a potty, you'd NEVER have to leave!!!! What a wonderful setup, thank you for sharing.
Old 2008-03-10, 6:50am
Your Royal Fritness

Ok, my over all studio dimensions are 9' x 17' that includes the sink and beading area. My workstation is 8' x 2'3" and it is 30" tall. Since we were finishing the walk out basement I did go with high end kitchen and bathroom cabinetry. I wanted it to look like the rest of the house if we ever sold it. Someone could convert my studio into a kitchen if we ever moved.

Dawn

Old 2008-03-10, 6:53am
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emster View Post
Thanks so much for posting your pics! My husband and I JUST started construction on my studio and are getting lots of what you have from home depot too!

I just love your setup. You must be so fulfilled. Congrats!

Thanks for your kind words everyone

I would love to see some pictures when your done. Ours took a while but it sure was worth the wait.

Dawn

Old 2008-03-10, 6:57am
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhgenii View Post
wow-wow-wowee.....if you had a potty, you'd NEVER have to leave!!!! What a wonderful setup, thank you for sharing.
We did put in a bathroom too The funny thing is you live in a house for 16 years with no downstairs potty and you forget it's there.

Thanks, Dawn

Old 2008-06-14, 10:44am
szglassy

Hi Dawn

nice set up!

Could you post a pic of where your make up air is?
Just curious,as I am overhauling my system.
Dod you attach the air duct for make up to your exhaust fan??
I really LOVE the bucket idea, but on MA's postings ( ventilation 101) it states that a celing hung hood would suck up all the air from the room.
Thanks
Old 2008-06-14, 8:13pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by szglassy View Post
Hi Dawn

nice set up!

Could you post a pic of where your make up air is?
Just curious,as I am overhauling my system.
Dod you attach the air duct for make up to your exhaust fan??
I really LOVE the bucket idea, but on MA's postings ( ventilation 101) it states that a celing hung hood would suck up all the air from the room.
Thanks
Hi,

My fan is perfect size for my hood opening so it does not suck out all the air in the room My makeup air is located right above my hood.

Here is a picture:

Have fun with your overhauling!

Dawn
Attached Images

Old 2008-06-17, 2:16pm
Eight Miles Wide

Still insanely jealous.

Old 2008-06-17, 3:51pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eared pig View Post
Still insanely jealous.

Hi Melissa!

I just hooked up my second torch today because I have 3 classes coming up

Any time you want to come over and play just say the word!

Take care,

Dawn

Old 2008-06-17, 4:26pm
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dawn View Post
Hi Melissa!

I just hooked up my second torch today because I have 3 classes coming up

Any time you want to come over and play just say the word!

Take care,

Dawn
I can be there in 2 hours! heehee

hhmmmm, I'll have to take a look at my schedule!

Old 2008-06-22, 7:27pm
reaction junkie

beautiful! Love your wall o' frit!!!

/
/
/
Old 2008-06-25, 5:49pm

BEautiful new studio..... You are very lucky! Enjoy it!!!

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2008-06-27, 8:46am
Your Royal Fritness

Thanks Ladies!

Heather if you look on my shelf next to the CZ's you will see your fish assortment. I Love THEM! Here is the link if you all want to see them http://shop.heatherferman.com/produc...5&productId=53

Dawn

Old 2013-12-29, 4:34pm

I realize this is an old thread, but just wanted to say how wonderful and kind you are Dawn for sharing literally everything to do with your studio....I am in the process of building a torching space myself and this has all been so informative. I love everything about your lovely space, and I, like someone else said before....will be happy if my space looks like your old one did...LOL Thank you again, 5ish (+/-) years later for your wonderful posts and pics. I think this has well withstood the test of time!
Old 2013-12-30, 6:49am
Your Royal Fritness

Thank you Rock Lover, I really enjoy my work space. One thing I learned over the years is when planning your studio is if you have the space go bigger Happy New Year!

Old 2013-12-30, 5:24pm

Dawn has a wonderful studio.

Old 2014-01-13, 11:59am
Practicing perfect

Great space Dawn. The only thing missing is the keg-erator.

Thank you for the frit/press plans, I was looking for something just like that.

Old 2014-02-09, 9:37am

Dawn, You've got a great looking work space. We have just completed an addition to our house in which I have set up my work area. It's roughly about the same size as yours, but I don't have an attached bathroom, but it's not far to the one in the house. I took pictures as the construction was going on, just so I could have them and I also took pictures of the completed/work in progress project. However, it's been so long since I uploaded any photos to LE that I forgot how to do it. As soon as I figure out how, I am going to post photos of my work in progress.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2014-02-09, 12:58pm
Your Royal Fritness

Thanks ladies! Looking forward to seeing them .

Old 2014-02-11, 5:40pm

Nice studio!
And what a nice inspiration. We are buying a house that I can finally have my studio in its own space. This is just great