LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-11-06, 8:32am
Disconnected

Default So, who took off with all the CIM Mermaid Unique?

At least show us what you've been doing with it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-11-07, 8:17am
Disconnected

I know Kandice, I fell madly in love too, and managed to secure 3 lbs before I went abroad and when I came back it was all gone!
I was wondering what everybody else had been doing with it.
I think it's a splendid blue

Here with Lauscha steel blue, CIM stone ground and Effetre pistachio 415

and here with Red Copper Green

The only way of getting this color before was enamel, so I'm really excited

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-11-07, 9:23am
Help i am on fire

not me but i wish.
Old 2010-11-07, 11:38am
It's not easy being green

Mermaid unique is the most beautiful blue. I really really really wish they would make this a regular in their color line.

If it was easy then everybody would do it!
Old 2010-11-07, 12:17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingFrog View Post
Mermaid unique is the most beautiful blue. I really really really wish they would make this a regular in their color line.
Me too
Old 2010-11-07, 1:28pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Maybe we should become a demanding mob. I didn't order it when I ordered last and now it's all gone.

Old 2010-11-07, 2:21pm
Disconnected

I wonder if they would put in production a color that is so close to another production color?
I am such a sucker for blue, and except for Lauscha steel blue, CIM glacier and this one, I find most blues in the 104 palette a little boring

Old 2010-11-07, 3:24pm
Rose colored glasses…√

I didn't even know about it, much less get a chance to snag some.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-11-08, 5:47am
sunscreen me baby

Oh man, I hope I got some. I do tend to order 1/4 of the uniques to fill out my box. It reminds me of the Lauscha prussian blue that came before she who must not be named started using the label for wedgewood blue.

I adore the color combination you used Flonche!!

~

Old 2010-11-08, 7:44am
Disconnected

Thank you Kandice and Susan. Shit, I thought you two and Melanie and erose each had 50 lbs of it and I was kinda teasing you.
Prussian blue is a good description for it

Old 2010-11-08, 7:45am
Formerly Deesigned Beads

Kandice, I think your raving review is the reason it is all sold out!
what a beautiful colour. I fully agree with the opinion that most blues in the 104 palette is quite boring. I hope CIM can reproduce it in future!

Old 2010-11-08, 8:26am
sunscreen me baby

whew, I have some

~

Old 2010-11-08, 8:29am

Beautiful beads Kandice and Flonche. I never had any either.

Chrissy, if I had a rod I would send it to you. You would get at least 1,000 beads from it. hahahaha
Old 2010-11-08, 1:21pm
Disconnected

I hear you. It came at a time when I couldn't buy glass either and I dug in the savings for it. That batch of uniques that came together (with light Butter Pecans and the Adobe) just could not be passed.

Old 2010-11-08, 6:47pm
I like to melt things

I only have three rods of this colour and am about to make test beads with it on Thursday.

Sane people would make nice, pretty things from such a pretty colour but I'm about to squander it on my blog. See how much I love you all?

I am praying that there is still some in China waiting to get on a boat.

-
-
Old 2010-11-08, 8:23pm
Lampworkaholic!

Me? Me? I wish! It looks gorgeous and I think I may have 5 rods of it, but only because I bought 5 of the Frantz CiM Unique samplers.

May have to go buy 5 more.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-11-08, 8:39pm
Entropy increasing....

I have a bunch and no, you can't have any of it.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:50pm
Disconnected

I KNEW it was you.
You better make a cool mermaid goddess with it

Old 2010-11-09, 12:28am
Entropy increasing....

http://hotbeadbox.com/index.php?main...4f5c77c7601974
Old 2010-11-09, 12:30am
Entropy increasing....

http://www.flamedame.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1689
Old 2011-04-18, 4:12pm
sunscreen me baby

So Flonche..... I finally tried it. And why (when I see my posts here that I don't remember ) I didn't sooner I have no idea. It's gorgeous alright and when I pulled the beads out just now I thought "hey it's like Lauscha prussian blue!" lol. Maybe it will be on a future shipment like Mike talked about in the thread last night? We can hope!

~

Old 2011-04-18, 4:49pm
Lampworkaholic!

Atlantis is a slightly lighter and slightly more translucent version of Mermaid Unique.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-04-18, 4:58pm
sunscreen me baby

Oh good to hear. I just ordered 1/4lb so hopefully I'll try it out before I find it's gone, lol.

~

Old 2011-04-18, 5:04pm
Disconnected

Dammit. She loves it.

Oh I can see all these lil' flowers in your Etsy store, people will kill for them. Especially because it is quite streaky (which I usually hate), I'm sure it will make really cool flower disks.

I have actually used it mostly by itself because its tendency to "streak" and separate makes dot designs a little tricky, plus it likes to swallow most colors or make them bleed...
This was one of my favorite set with it, but it was a bitch to work with, I must admit.
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/40439093 (sorry the picture is really off, white balance problem)

This simple set of spacers has both Mermaids in it
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/43108404

I can understand how you would forget colors with so many to try in the different COEs you work with.

Old 2011-04-18, 5:07pm
Disconnected

Is Atlantis an opal?
I don't quite like the CIM opals because they always do a weird crackly-looking thing in the perimeter. Like Plum, which is a stunning color otherwise, or Chalcedony

Old 2011-04-18, 5:08pm
sunscreen me baby

lol you crack me up

~

Old 2011-04-18, 5:17pm
Lampworkaholic!

Atlantis isn't an Opal like Rose Quartz or Crocus, it is more like Chalcedony or Kryptonite, not quite as pastel as say Grumpy Bear or Thai Orchid.

Old 2011-04-18, 5:35pm
Disconnected

I guess I'll have to try it. The pictures on the CIM page are so different from one another that it's really hard to tell what's going on.

ok now back to the Peach thread!

Old 2011-04-18, 6:53pm
Lampworkaholic!

This is Atlantis. It is encased which makes it look lighter.

Old 2011-04-18, 6:55pm
sunscreen me baby

oh pretty!!

~