Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-08-24, 9:11am

Yay Polly! I wish I could be up there now helping too!
Old 2012-08-24, 11:08am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, Brenda....be careful..I just may take you up on that next year BIG HUGS

Polly and I have had a blast...taking a nice. slow and methodical pace in spite of the craziness and have managed to get everything almost ready (we made 600 copies yesterday but got to cruise her new car, fun!). Now off to make some fish samples and a special one for Kathy's thank you goody box with some yummy new CIM colors!

It is sunny, studio is warm....kona coffee.......ahhhhhhhh

deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-08-24, 4:05pm
Type ZZZ personality

I'm so excited!!

I can't wait to see you all next week!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2012-08-24, 4:18pm
I like to melt things

I can't wait!

I have been away all week on business and am now stuck in Edmonton waiting for a late plane and think its awesome that I have this and all of you to look forward to next week!

-
-
Old 2012-08-24, 11:42pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

I'm sooo sad and jealous!!!! LOL

I will miss you all this year!! Take lots of pics.

And to all you GS newbies, don't sweat the demo. Really and truly, it is no big deal and you'll wonder why you ever worried. And you'll have an awesome time!!

Have fun, you all.

Deb, I'm sending a little sumthin' for the auctions with Kris.

Old 2012-08-24, 11:45pm
I'm meeeeelting

I'm so bummed not to get my Lisa fix and ensuing giggle-fest. Next year, girlie!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2012-08-24, 11:47pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Next year, hell or high water!!! I'll giggle with you through FB and LE posts. Big hugs!!

Old 2012-08-25, 8:36pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Wahhhh Lisa, it will be so weird not to see you there....we will sure miss you!!!
Kip and Melody, Bernie too....they can't make it this year ;(

But we will be sure to "melt some for ya" and you guys will be there in spirit!

I am so excited, the new venue folks are AWESOME and sooo sweet...if this works out as good as I think it will we may leave it there next year, we are already discussing it so we have more room (more notice to the blowers who rent space there) next time. What a GREAT VIBE, this is gonna rock!!!

I wanted to get a hat done this year but not gonna happen....but I did dream up a cool new competition for this year (ok, you don't have to wear jammies for it unless you want to....), be ready, he he he....... We will also have our mystery glass competition with prizes for 1, 2nd and 3rd place! Great prizes too!

One Paragon XL kiln left, the rest have been pre-sold. Great deals on Carlisle torches, Northstar Glass and Cornerstone has some great specials for us too!

And, news flash! I am working with a really nice guy that runs a furnace shop within easy walking distance of the new venue!! He is going to give us a great rate for attendees, more details at the Meet and Greet!

Back to packing....
doin' the yippy skippy!
deb

Old 2012-08-25, 10:06pm

i finaly get to see corner stone everytime my gps leads me there i go to an old abaonded house. good deals too i get to go shoping agian oh well back to eating choclate sushi and my ice wine
Old 2012-08-25, 11:19pm
I'm meeeeelting

Hmmm. I hope we don't all end up at the abandoned house. Maybe I should mapquest it, just to be safe.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-08-25, 11:56pm

lol nope my gps was way out of date and was just surching the name instead of physical adress but just did a 17 hour update of my gps so hopefully i find it I have all week to find it so i should run across it
Old 2012-08-26, 12:05am
I'm meeeeelting

Thanks for the reminder. Mine needs to be updated.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-08-26, 12:12am

i am so looking forawrd to useing a torch again. when i moved to wa state i thought i left the 100+ weather in texas but guess what it followed me to wa state
Old 2012-08-26, 12:14am
I'm meeeeelting

You picked the wrong side of the state.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-08-26, 8:24am

i know i will be moving to other side of state within year i am thanking vancouver area
Old 2012-08-26, 9:16am
Glassy Broad :-)

3 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2012-08-26, 9:19am

4 am and its time for me to leave for eugen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait
Old 2012-08-26, 9:51am

Safe travels!!!

Old 2012-08-26, 9:58am
Wonder-wench

what is happening on Wednesday? I am headed in that day to secure the rental house, but don't have any GSW classes till Thursday, so trying to figure out what to do with Wednesday.

Old 2012-08-26, 10:16am

Wed. evening is the meet and greet Hope to see you there!

Old 2012-08-26, 10:44am

yep meet and great and 1 preclass
Old 2012-08-26, 11:16am
I'm meeeeelting

If you have time to kill during the day, I'd suggest a visit to Imagine, the Mazet brothers' gallery. Tons of cool glass work. Also, go get yourself a Bacon Maple bar at Voo Doo doughnuts. It's with a couple of blocks of the gallery, if I recall correctly. You can also go shopping at Winship if you have time.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-08-26, 12:15pm
Wonder-wench

great, I'm looking forward to the Meet & Greet. Thanks for the tips Felicia, I will definitely visit the gallery, and the Voo Doo donut sounds delish!

Old 2012-08-26, 12:51pm

we are have vodoo doughnuts on thursday morning. i like the grape ape and the captain cronch one
Old 2012-08-26, 7:26pm
I'm meeeeelting

Bring your checkbooks! Stacy and I have made the world's coolest (or maybe hottest?) foot pedal and it's going up for auction.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2012-08-26 at 7:54pm.
Old 2012-08-26, 7:37pm
Type ZZZ personality

that is too cool Felicia!!

gonna miss the missing peeps!

i made a pdf of the class schedule. i posted it on the facebook glassstock group if you want to download it. http://www.facebook.com/groups/151998133775/ if you don't want to join the fb group, i can email it to you. drop me a note patty <at> rusticstudio <dot> com

i'm freaking out but so excited to see youse guys!! 2 more sleeps!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2012-08-26, 9:19pm
Wooohooo,GS!

That is awesome everyone! I will make sure when I get there to clarify address if needed...Hugh knows right where it is at

Elizabeth, the Meet and Greet is at 6pm, it is a great welcome party!

Patty I know...craziness...how ya holding up?

That pedal is awesome Felicia...you and Stacy rocked it there...so purty!!! I already have 2 pedals but they are not as purty as that one! You two are gemz!

I am waiting to hear from Doretha...let's send prayers her way, the poor, sweet woman has had enough trauma!

Off to Eugene tomorrow....will keep you updated via staff who can post here (not bringing my lap top...want to melt glass!)

Hugs!
deb

Old 2012-08-28, 3:27pm
Finally doing what I love

Default Excited! One more sleep....yeah right!

Leaving tomorrow morning! Can't wait.... Probably won't sleep tonight!
Too excited.... Too excited! Still a little nervous.... Not used to traveling alone.

See you all tomorrow night at the meet and greet

Safe travels everyone

Christina

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2012-09-04, 2:28pm
Finally doing what I love

Default Amazing!

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that Glass Stock was absolutely Amazing! I had so much fun! It made my year. Thanks so much for allowing me to be part of it

Big thanks to Deb for all the planning and hard work. it's very appreciated.

Hope to see you all next year. Keep in touch

Christina

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2012-09-07, 1:37pm
Wooohooo,GS!

AW, thanks Christina! You are all the BEST friends a girl could have! I agree it was the best year yet....loved seeing all the family and adding some new folks to it!

THANK YOU to everyone who donated to the auction, it really helped a lot with the extra expense of moving the venue. Staying with a friend instead of a hotel was awesome too, more like home for me and the $ saved bought the band and thank you keg for our Cornerstone boyz.

A HUGE thank you to my man rock Hugh and to my darling Deb Philpot ("a double deb'll do ya......" it really works!) who worked their asses off right beside me the whole time, you are both incredible and I look forward to many more years with you two!

Every one of the staff members was incredibly helpful this year...plus Justin, Ashely, Kenneck and all the Cornerstone people were AWESOME and crazy like us...they want us to come back as much as we want to! What a blessing in disguise!

Becky, David, Nita and all the folks I met this year for the first time, you are all just GEMS and I miss you already too! It is what we ALL bring that makes it better every year. Nita, we will have to get together since we are so close!

I will say letting all those fabulously fine boro boys from Cornerstone work around us was definitely a perk, lol! Bring your dollar bills next year ladies...we are setting up a 3 hour boro boy tour next year.....

We had a hard time packing up and took an extra day to get things out of their way...we were pretty whipped and they were super nice about our slower pace.
After 3 weeks of stress losing/finding a building, adapting/moving and all that goes with it I was pretty tired at the start...so I ended up with a nasty cold, chest congestion and pretty high fever that started Tues morning....still at 104.5 this am. But I spent the last 2 feverish days dreaming of all of you and falling asleep with happy smiles and wonderful memories of everyone.

I have some demo draw items here..if you left early and didn't get it (SORRY, things ran late the band was supposed to start an hour later but it still worked out great) please let me know and if you want it we can work out getting it to you. I still have sponsor boxes to sort and mail out but it won't be until next week sometime, taking the week off!

Thank you ALL for the priceless memories, incredibly sharing and sweet people that you all are...I love you all!

More soon when I feel better...xoxoxoxoxoxo debs