Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-08-16, 8:46pm
Wooohooo,GS!

OMG you guys...tooo funny! David, sweetie, takes those bets! This is gonna be fun, I will make sure someone double checks my swiping, LOL!

off to find food.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-08-17, 10:20am
honorary bead lady

So which day is our western theme? Or is it the whole event? Gotta see what to do about a horse!
Old 2013-08-18, 6:01am
Wooohooo,GS!

It is the whole event dahlin'....but the "round up" is Sat night (I figured the night with a band and beer might help!). I ain't wearing cowboy boots but did get a hat...you don't have to worry about the horsie David, we got one for ya! We will be pimping ours (the girls) out on Wed before staff meeting, you're welcome to jump on in!

Darn tootin'...."this ain't yer usual glass event", yeehaw!

Old 2013-08-18, 6:42am
honorary bead lady

Well in bed at 1 am, up at 6 am, I guess I'm practicing for the event!
Old 2013-08-19, 5:35pm
honorary bead lady

Just checkin things off

( )Liability Waver
(X) Cowboy hat
(X) Guns
(X) Horse
( ) Boots
( ) Cowboy shirt

(X) Pajama Jam PJ's
(X) Eye Bleach
Old 2013-08-19, 9:02pm
I'm meeeeelting

ROFL.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-08-19, 11:33pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Love the eye bleach David

Something about this year kinda skeers me in a different way than last year.

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2013-08-19, 11:35pm
I'm meeeeelting

Maybe because you now know what to expect from your temporary roomie.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-08-20, 6:40am
honorary bead lady

Now Nita SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Old 2013-08-20, 10:43am
Finally doing what I love

8 Days left! Woo Hoo! Need to start packing! See you all soon

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2013-08-20, 11:37am
Wooohooo,GS!

Ok, this is great....more stuff for the list, thanks David...I need a bigger truck!

Breaking news....2 spots just became available due to health reasons....great classes...let me know if anyone is interested....I will be discounting them $100 each too.

See you all in a week!
xoxo deb

Old 2013-08-20, 12:02pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
2 spots just became available due to health reasons.
I hate it when that happens.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-08-20, 12:08pm
Wooohooo,GS!

I know, sad news, breaks my heart ;( We will let people know at GS.

Old 2013-08-20, 12:08pm
Wonder-wench

oh yeah baby, loves me some cowboy boots!

A couple of "theme songs" have been running through my head the past few days:

Nancy Sinatra "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'"
Ke$ha "Boots and Boys"

Old 2013-08-20, 12:10pm
I'm meeeeelting

I'm sorely lacking in cowgirl attire. I'm suburbia through and through.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-08-20, 12:16pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Cowboy songs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmorphousDesigns View Post
oh yeah baby, loves me some cowboy boots!

A couple of "theme songs" have been running through my head the past few days:

Nancy Sinatra "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'"
Ke$ha "Boots and Boys"
Ok, I am going to have to ask the band for at least one song...I was going to go with "Rawhide" like the Blues Brothers movie take....but "These Boots" may just hafta be played too......hmmm......

Old 2013-08-20, 12:21pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
I'm sorely lacking in cowgirl attire. I'm suburbia through and through.
Me too Felicia, except I would say I'm more hippie

Old 2013-08-20, 12:43pm

Remember that the Wild West also included Saloon Girls

Old 2013-08-20, 7:47pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitadee View Post
Remember that the Wild West also included Saloon Girls
AWWWWW you beat me to it! AND WOOHOO!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 2013-08-20, 7:58pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
Me too Felicia, except I would say I'm more hippie

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-08-20, 8:49pm

Hey everyone just a quick heads up!!!
If you aren't well endowed in the butt-cheeks department (like I am )
You MAY wanna bring a cushion to sit on! Chairs aren't so bad, but those bar stools...I remember from last year, most of you don't carry any extra padding there

Old 2013-08-20, 9:00pm
I'm meeeeelting

That reminds me... Donna P. and I went to Walmart to buy stools last year. We opened them up in the store. We have 4 degrees between us and yet it took us at least 10 minutes to figure out how to fold them back up. LOL.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-08-20 at 10:02pm.
Old 2013-08-20, 9:46pm

Felicia!!!!!

Old 2013-08-21, 6:48am
Angel's Mom

I leave in one week! Time to start packing!

Can't wait to see all you loveable crazy freaks. And melt some glass!

Life is short. Melt glass!
Old 2013-08-21, 5:49pm

I am getting all teary eyed thinking about hanging out with all you guys.
Oh and I got cowboy stuff. whoop whoop! or I mean ye...haa.

Old 2013-08-22, 8:47am
Wooohooo,GS!

You girls all ROCK!
Ok, 2 updates...first BOTH SPOTS are taken, one with a small discount, one for half fee from a local student of mine, woohoo!

Second, I tried to order site to store from Walmart for $300 worth of stools after Justin checked status of what was left there, unfortunately they said they would arrive in time but when I went to pay they said arriving Sept 4rth!!!! Damn!

SO, if anyone has room and can get them (IF the store has them) they are $39 for 2, I would gladly reimburse you...we need 12 more. I am heading out Monday early and will spend part of the day hitting the Walmarts in Eugene to see if they stock them. Target also has them for $40 for 2, they are the 29-30" beechwood unupholstered ones.

PLEASE call me if you find them before purchasing so we don't end up with too many. (I am emailing this to folks with my cell #) Also, if you can find any at a thrift store on your way let me know and I'll reimburse you.

Back to torch today and then final packing of tools, woohooo!

BIG hugs and a yeehaw!
deb

Old 2013-08-22, 1:33pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Ok, first I have staff combing for chairs so I will email everyone if needed tomorrow to see if we need more. Nita and Polly are chair shopping!

Old 2013-08-22, 1:35pm
Wooohooo,GS!

David, you and your sweet wife are getting a goodie in the mail, a long overdue gifty I promised Carol. Hope it brings her smiles while you're here with us
xoxox deb

Old 2013-08-22, 7:41pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
David, you and your sweet wife are getting a goodie in the mail, a long overdue gifty I promised Carol. Hope it brings her smiles while you're here with us
xoxox deb
Got it today, Carol's like "OMG, she didn't have too, where am I gonna put it?"

So yeah it was a hit

Crossed a few more things off my list today, this is gonna be a "colorful" event
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 2013-08-22, 7:46pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Oh good David, it isn't too much Glad she liked it!

Uh oh on the "colorful"....

Got a few things off my list...made some more fish today and 60 bead stands...going to try and get 60 more done tomorrow and a few shells, then pack up the tools.
Polly nabbed 5 more stools at her local Target...down to needing 7, a much more doable number...wooohooo!

I need a genie!

Last edited by deb c; 2013-08-22 at 7:48pm.