Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-05-04, 6:26am

Where are people staying?
Old 2010-05-04, 9:37am

Just got to love the ever expanding LE mind and the ego-checkers

Anyone have a room or want to secure a room to share?
Old 2010-05-04, 11:34am
Light My Torch

I 'm also looking for a room or condo to share. Anyone want share???
Also do you fly into Portland and then drive. Need feedback from people who have done this before.
thanks
jeri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-05-04, 11:47am
I'm meeeeelting

Jeri, you can fly into Portland and drive 1 1/2-2 hours or fly into Eugene. Glass Stock has previously been in Newport, OR, so no one's done this before.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-05-04, 1:03pm

I am so excited to get to go this year! looking for roommates anyone!
Old 2010-05-04, 1:06pm

Default roomate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwiskus View Post
Also do you fly into Portland and then drive. Need feedback from people who have done this before.
thanks
jeri
I would like to share a room and car rental. Someone said you can fly right into Eugene, can also get motel room in walking distance to school.
Old 2010-05-04, 3:16pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by intranced flame View Post
I would like to share a room and car rental. Someone said you can fly right into Eugene, can also get motel room in walking distance to school.
Is that you, Vicki?! Hi. (Deb Cline's friend here)

Yes, you can fly directly into Eugene. Not sure how close the hotels are to the site, but I imagine there will be plenty of rides to get you back and forth. We won't let you sit in a hotel room.

I'm glad you get to go this year. It's a blast. Look forward to meeting you.

Old 2010-05-04, 4:07pm

Hi Lisa, do you know anyone that would want to share a room? I don't know if I should go ahead and book one for just my self, or wait to find a roommate. Thanks for making me feel welcomed.
Old 2010-05-04, 5:12pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Dang forgot about the lottery. Can someone give me the link to GS West page?

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2010-05-04, 5:53pm
I'm meeeeelting

Here's the link: http://debcrowley.com/gpage4.html

A bunch of us first timers shared a rental house last year and had a blast. We're doing it again this year and already have our house booked. There aren't very many vacation houses available in Eugene, but I do have links to a couple of houses that I'm happy to share if anyone wants to go that route. One in particular (our first runner up) was pretty reasonably priced and looked like a cool house if you don't mind a little bit of a commute. I want to say it had 7 or 8 beds. You'd have to see if it's still available, as it's been probably two months since I did my search. I'd highly recommend a house, especially for first time attendees, if you can find a decent option. It was great to have a built in group of friends from the very beginning of the event (and none of us had met prior).

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2010-05-04 at 6:09pm.
Old 2010-05-04, 6:02pm
Master Procrastinator

What Felicia said!

We got very lucky & had the best time with an amazing bunch of ladies. Then again, most glass peeps are great!

Mona, contact Deb! As of a day or so ago, there were still spots available. It would be great to meet you in person.

Old 2010-05-04, 7:19pm

I'm planning to be there! Yay! Also interested in shared lodging--house or hotel. Felicia, could you post the link, please? I looked a little on line and didn't see much for houses. Thanks.
Old 2010-05-04, 7:20pm
Critter Mom

There are also some hostels in Eugene. My son stayed at one that's within walking distance of EGS when he went up for a weekend class. I think he only paid $29 per night and he said it was a great place with a genuine family atmosphere.

Old 2010-05-04, 7:57pm
I'm meeeeelting

Elyn, here's the house we almost rented. It's 4 bedroom/2 bath with 7 beds. I believe it'd be $1375 for 5 nights. The price I was quoted is $250 per night plus a $125 nonrefundable deposit and a $300 deposit that is returned when the house is left in good condition. They offer a free night if you rent for a full week. It mapped out at 16 minutes from EGS with traffic.

http://www.vrbo.com/177670

Here's another listing that's also $250 a night. I don't remember why we ruled that one out. I think the owner may not have responded to my email.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p185994

There were a few others I can give you if you want but they were more expensive.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-05-05, 2:25am

That first house it the one I think we are getting. It is between that one and one that is a little farther away but has more room and bathrooms. There are quite a few that have 2 bedrooms. There is a really nice one that is a bed and breakfast and it has suites.

We had a great group too. I wish we could have got a big house and went together with you Felicia. I was bummed last year when I was not able to come with you all after all. Maybe some year we can do it. This year we already have 8 people and are full enough.

Did you see the one house that was $500 a night. They wanted a max of 8 people and was not flexable about it. Had a hot tub was supper nice

Which house did you guys get Felicia?

Old 2010-05-05, 9:40am

I was looking at a B&B near by 140 a night (Hampton Inn is already booked).
If someone has a better gig... I'm willing to join in the fun.
Old 2010-05-05, 10:20am
I'm meeeeelting

Did you check the Hilton? When I was looking at options a couple of months ago their rate was better than the Hampton Inn and it looked to be a nicer hotel. I want to say it was maybe $80-something a night.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-05-05, 11:31am
Mandrel Slayer

Does anyone want to do roommates? I have Gathering references.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2010-05-05, 11:42am

Deb, does the 105/126 exchange cause congestion on 7th street in the am? It looks like it dumps into the city.
Old 2010-05-05, 12:08pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by intranced flame View Post
Hi Lisa, do you know anyone that would want to share a room? I don't know if I should go ahead and book one for just my self, or wait to find a roommate. Thanks for making me feel welcomed.
Your definitely welcome, Vicki!

It would be great to have someone to help with expenses and share in the experience. But at the same time, it sounds like the rooms are going quickly. So I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation.

Anybody in here still need a roommate?

Old 2010-05-05, 3:19pm
Mandrel Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lripster View Post
Your definitely welcome, Vicki!

It would be great to have someone to help with expenses and share in the experience. But at the same time, it sounds like the rooms are going quickly. So I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation.

Anybody in here still need a roommate?
I do. This is my first Glass Stock.

Bonny

Nothing right now

Old 2010-05-05, 7:17pm

http://www.vbro.com/vacation-rentals...-valley/eugene

There are several 2 bedroom houses avail. There is also a bed and breakfast that each room is a suite so 2 people could share that too. it is the first one on this link. Called the Augusta house

Old 2010-05-05, 7:45pm
Angel's Mom

I'm coming, too!

Is Stella, the GS mascot coming back? Please, Karen?

Kris
Old 2010-05-05, 8:12pm

http://eugene.craigslist.org/roo/1715310988.html
I am planning to stay at Mi Casita Guesthouse if I can connect with the owner again. It is about 1.2 miles from EGS, so walking distance if desired. Sounds like it is something like a youth hostel, but without the youth. There are private rooms for $35/night, semi-private for $30 (bunk beds), a dorm with 4 beds for $30 per bed (for 2 nights than goes down to $25/bed) or $100 to rent the whole dorm. Shared bathrooms, kitchen facilities, off-street parking. It won't be luxury but should be relatively comfortable. Rooms are small. Owner sounds nice and there is onsite staff. No curfew but no loud noise allowed late at night. I plan/hope to rent a semi-private room and will claim the bottom bunk. If someone wants to share my room, I'll share. Another nice thing is that there are no cleaning or security deposits--you just prepay for what you want. I went to GS for the first time last year and was at the event from 9am to 9 or 10 pm with a small break for lunch and dinner, so having a really nice room isn't my priority. That said, thank you to everyone who gave links to other house options--looks like there are some nice ones out there.
Old 2010-05-05, 9:07pm
Mandrel Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwiskus View Post
thanks
jeri
I will fly into Portland and drive. I can bring someone from Portland airport if they need a ride.

Bonny

Nothing right now

Old 2010-05-05, 9:21pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisb16 View Post
I'm coming, too!

Is Stella, the GS mascot coming back? Please, Karen?

Kris
Oh heavens NO! She will remain here at home in California - terrorizing
the other dogs. Once is enough with her. If you want your fix, you can see
pics on my facebook, or do like Felicia and come visit her when you're
in California (I provide wine, beer, assorted munchies and chocolate)!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-05-06, 7:12am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyn View Post
http://eugene.craigslist.org/roo/1715310988.html
I am planning to stay at Mi Casita Guesthouse if I can connect with the owner again. It is about 1.2 miles from EGS, so walking distance if desired. Sounds like it is something like a youth hostel, but without the youth. There are private rooms for $35/night, semi-private for $30 (bunk beds), a dorm with 4 beds for $30 per bed (for 2 nights than goes down to $25/bed) or $100 to rent the whole dorm. Shared bathrooms, kitchen facilities, off-street parking. It won't be luxury but should be relatively comfortable. Rooms are small. Owner sounds nice and there is onsite staff. No curfew but no loud noise allowed late at night. I plan/hope to rent a semi-private room and will claim the bottom bunk. If someone wants to share my room, I'll share. Another nice thing is that there are no cleaning or security deposits--you just prepay for what you want. I went to GS for the first time last year and was at the event from 9am to 9 or 10 pm with a small break for lunch and dinner, so having a really nice room isn't my priority. That said, thank you to everyone who gave links to other house options--looks like there are some nice ones out there.
I've seen good reviews of this on Trip Advisor.
Old 2010-05-06, 7:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithfirebeads View Post
I will fly into Portland and drive. I can bring someone from Portland airport if they need a ride.

Bonny
My first time. I'm flying into Portland, about a 2 hour drive down (probably less if you had a lead foot). I was arriving on the first and plan on being in Portland on the 6th (need to stay an extra day to use FF miles, darn have to go visit NorthStar, Glass Alchomy.... what a shame).
If anyone wants to share a ride... I'm up for it.
Old 2010-05-07, 10:54am
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
What Felicia said!

We got very lucky & had the best time with an amazing bunch of ladies. Then again, most glass peeps are great!

Mona, contact Deb! As of a day or so ago, there were still spots available. It would be great to meet you in person.

I just saw my name flash by. I'd love to meet you and so many of my online friends. I haven't had time to check out the status of available spots. I hope I can afford the money and time. I really need to be with you all there!

Mona

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2010-05-12, 6:40pm

I see a class schedule posted now on Deb's website under GS West. Is it still a work-in-progress, Deb? Do you think you will have pics for the classes where none are listed? (Would prob help people make decisions and fill those classes.) In any event, GS rocks!--and thanks for all the hard work of Deb and the organizers!