AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-11-18, 3:36pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Default Next tutorial is coming: MSGS part 2!

That is, Making Silver Glass Sing nr. 2 . I've been thinking about it a long, long time but I feel it's the right time to start writing it and making pictures .

I also decided what it will be about: Striking Silver Glass and some other reducing silver glass (like Gaia, Ekho) and how to encase these (and keep the colors).

The Striking Silver glass that will be in this tut will be:
- TAG Dalai Lama, TAG Transcendental & Green Dalai
- DH Luna2/Khaos and Terranova2
- DH Gaia & Ekho (I will let you know how I get PINK out of Ekho)

I will mainly focus on achieving the colors you want to get with these silver glass (instead of babypoo ) and I will let you know which colors will help you make them POP!

So, quite some work and I need to get started (not a word written or picture made). Deadline: January 2010! Price: hopefully < $20, but it does depends on the work of this one .

Some random examples of these colors:
Ekho

Gaia

Dalai Lama

Green Dalai:

Transcendental:

And... Now is the time to ask/tell me which color YOU would like me to explain in this tut. Just drop me a message in this thread and I will see which one is asked for the most. If possible, I will add in in the tut as a free bonus for everyone!

Thanks, hope you'll all like it !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-18, 5:39pm
Dangerous Woman

I would give my left tit to make that first bead!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2009-11-18, 5:41pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I would give my right tit to never make baby poo again.

Old 2009-11-18, 6:56pm
Just Me!

Red face

And I would give both tits to make anything half as good.
did I say that out loud?

Anouk,
Can you tell me what color red that you used in the Green Dalai bead?

I would love to see you explain the Ekho......Val
Old 2009-11-18, 8:10pm
Queen Bee

As long as you don't give away your hoo-hoo........... That could be diasterous!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2009-11-18, 11:21pm
Gimme that silver glass!

LOL, you guys really crack me up ! Please keep your titties, it won't be that expensive .

I'm really looking forward to get started on this one !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-11-18, 11:59pm

And I would like to see exactly how some fuming effects are done.
I am guessing you can get that affect the best with aion?
Such as when a dot of a silver color is placed, and topped with clear and you get this beautiful fairy haze of color.....swirls of hazy pink or blue.
Delicious beads Anouk! The pink one is my favorite.
Old 2009-11-19, 12:14am
Debbie

Wow Anouk! Thats a suprise!
Maybe TAG Mars would be also an option for you?

greetz

Do what you do best and enjoy it to the fullest!!!

Old 2009-11-19, 1:32am
Feuer,Flamme and Tattoo's

I want transcendental or however it's spelled... my tit's are beyond giving away so I'll have to pay. Hey that rymes..
Katja
Old 2009-11-19, 2:48am
Knob Creek Glass

I am looking forward to it.
Old 2009-11-19, 9:06am
Gimme that silver glass!

Valjean, it's a red by ASK, honestly not sure what the name is, sorry .

Jammy, do you have a picture of the effect you would like to achieve? I'm trying to visualise it, but that would be much easier with a picture .

Dejama, I'll think about Mars, thanks .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-11-19, 10:57am

I can't find the pic! Eckkk! Gimme a couple of hours and I'll find a pic and post it.

Last edited by Jammy; 2009-11-19 at 11:00am.
Old 2009-11-19, 11:06am

Anouk, it is on your eagle eye focal bead on Etsy. The blue dot gives the exact effect I was looking for, except I want a pink haze effect. And I just don't know which silver color I can get that from. I don't know if that was covered in your other silver glass tutorial because I haven't bought it yet. You can bet I am definitely getting BOTH of your tutorials as soon as you finish this one though!
Old 2009-11-19, 11:10am

You could do a whole tutorial on your murrini alone!

-Diane

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2009-11-19, 1:11pm
Gimme that silver glass!

That's actually quite easy Jammy . Try it with Triton or Aurae: reduce, put little dots on clear on top of that (make sure you don't burn of the reduction and cap that shine with a dot of clear), melt slightly in and tadaa! If you want it shiny again, just reduce again . Hope this helps!

Diane, that's a good one. Maybe next will be a tutorial on how to make silverglass murrini .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-11-19, 3:55pm

Thanks Anouk,
That's beautiful.
I'm going to have to expand my horizons and get more silver glass, huh? I only have 3 kinds at the moment. And I love them, but I just know there is a whole world of color possibilities out there I haven't explored. Can't wait to get your tutorials!
Old 2009-11-19, 4:57pm
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Diane, that's a good one. Maybe next will be a tutorial on how to make silverglass murrini .

There goes the other tit!

Old 2009-11-19, 6:39pm

I would really be interested in as many DH striking colors as possible. I find those really frustrating.

I learned so-o-o much from your first tutorial, that this one is bound to be just as fantastic.

Thanks,

Petra
Old 2009-11-19, 9:04pm

Love to know how you get the pink in Echo....still chasing pink!!!!!
Old 2009-11-19, 9:12pm
Dangerous Woman

I can reduce fine. When it comes to striking - nope. No go.

Old 2009-11-19, 9:15pm
*Desa Elliott*

Anouk,
I would buy any tut that you want to publish! I am especially interested in learning to work with Ecko; I have made a start, but I only get a little pink with the poo.

Another thing that I would love to have is a recipe for reactive twisties. I have seen some beautiful twisties used in beads that have striking glass and reducing glass and mystery glass that I can only dream about, and Oh Lord, I just drool.

I have made some beautiful beads from Making Silver Glass Sing. Your instructions were easy to follow, complete, and the photographs were excellent. I am looking forward to January!!

Desa

G-88
Creideamh, Sųil, Dėlseachd

(Scottish Gaelic: Faith, Hope, Love)

www.ETSY.com/shop/GothicGlassJewelry
Old 2009-11-20, 7:29am
Beadmaking.nl

Hi Anouk,

You're my favorite. So as somebody said here before me. I buy any tutorial from you. I have learned so much from your first one.

Hug,

Margriet.

Old 2009-11-20, 10:45am
Gimme that silver glass!

Margriet, that is so very nice of you to say, thank you ! I've seen what you did with the previous tutorial (awesome) and I'm very glad you liked it!

Well, DH only has 4 strikingcolors and I'll be taking 2 or maybe 3 of them in my tut . Can't do them all though, I'd like the price to stay reasonable .

Desa, thanks so much . I don't work with reactive twisties that much to be honest, the tut will mainly be about the "how to" part in getting the best colors. Hope that will match up to your expectations .

And really, thanks everyone for your enthousiastic response !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-11-20, 1:47pm
Creatrixie

Your first tut looks really interesting, so I bet the second one will be fabulous!
Loving your "Sparkling Dew" bead...

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-11-24, 7:53pm
Dot Princess

I would love this when your able to publish it alone for the Ekho part! I LOVE PINK

My little princess came Dec 30,2009 Still no time for beads
boy is she a demanding little thing.
Old 2009-11-26, 1:01am
Gimme that silver glass!

Thanks so much! So maybe a touch of dichroic in it as well? Hmmmm...

I also got quite some votes for Aquis, anyone else interested?

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-11-26, 8:24am
Dangerous Woman

I've never heard of Aquis. Who makes that? What does it look like?

Old 2009-11-26, 10:50am
Lover of all things color

January!!! Oh this is going to be tough. I just want to get those fuchsias and purples. I'm tired of the turquoise/blue from the silvers. Give me the Fuchsia any day.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-11-26, 1:09pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Well, maybe, just maybe... It will be finished before Christmas ...

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-11-26, 1:12pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
I've never heard of Aquis. Who makes that? What does it look like?

It's by TAG and looks like this:

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL: