LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2014-04-16, 5:58pm
Micromosaic and Lampwork

Default Iris Tutorial????????

I'm flying out tomorrow to go see my mom in the hospital. If I make it in time. The one flower that reminds me of my mom is an iris.

Is there a tutorial for Iris?

I don't want to fumble trying to make one right now.

I will be adding her hair, my hair, and my sister's hair for memory beads. I want them done by this evening.

Please help me find an iris tutorial.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-04-16, 6:27pm

I make them as a small flower on the bead, not sure I have any pics handy, but I can try to explain it.
1. Apply a straight green stringer (I prefer to encase it in clear to prevent spreading). This is the stem
2. At the top of the stem add a small yellow dot, just touching the green)
3. Add three purple dots, cim lapis works well, around the yellow but not touching it. One on top and two on each side
4. Use a fine pick or purple stringer to rake the purple dots into the yellow, allow them to be raised where they meet

That's it, pretty easy and they look pretty good

Old 2014-04-16, 6:32pm
Micromosaic and Lampwork

Thank you.

Old 2014-04-16, 7:39pm

Hope it helps

Old 2014-04-16, 7:46pm
Your Royal Fritness

Here an oldie from Ann.
http://www.schermobeads.com/tutorials/iris_tutorial.htm