Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-27, 8:46am
Remember to keep smiling

Is it friday yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SRA#P109
Old 2010-04-27, 9:58am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Try to picture them hauling in the loads of glorious colors and play things! I keep finding myself sighing.... waiting waiting... anyone else?
Old 2010-04-27, 12:35pm
The Grand Foobah

What time on Friday will the buy buttons be activated? Do I need to call out from work to make sure I get what I want? I'll stay up past midnight if I have too, or get up at
4am, lol!

Foofaraw is a style. An attitude. A fresh glimmer of fun. Foofaraw is unique.
Old 2010-04-27, 8:17pm

Kristina: Very nice work.
Paula: Congrats on your first place. That is something to be very proud of.

Nell

[url= "
href="
ref=profile&id=1617182017" target="_blank">Facebook

[
Old 2010-04-27, 8:26pm

I was just looking at the Devardi site, and was wondering if all the new colors, and the old colors will be on a new chart? Will they all be numbered the same, or will we have to cross reference? Just curious?

Nell

[url= "
href="
ref=profile&id=1617182017" target="_blank">Facebook

[
Old 2010-04-28, 3:18pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Okay, I'm tired of waiting and being patient... I know I will find it thrilling to place my order and dream of arrival day!

WHAT is the first thing you will do or make or work with when you get your order?

I want to play with the Blue Goldstone right off the bat - I love the intensity of it in the bear I made!

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2010-04-28 at 3:21pm.
Old 2010-04-28, 5:02pm
The Grand Foobah

Kristina - somehow I have a feeling that that bear just sparkles in person!

OK, did I miss the newsletter? It is Wednesday right?

Old 2010-04-28, 5:07pm

Kristina, cute sparkly bear....! I was telling somebody today about the gold luster rods... I used to buy gold adventurine at the rock and gem trade shows, bust it up with a hammer, encase and pull stringer from it. That so called "gem quality", was no where near as brilliant and sparkle packed as the Devardi golden luster. I encase a good inch of the rod itself and pull, it works great.
New projects
I have a dragonfly stuck in my head and I need to get him out of there....
I drew the design on a piece of paper and that's about as far as I've gotten. I need to order more transparents....

Also, I want to do a bead in honor of my beloved old gelding who I had to have put down a few years back. Best horse I ever owned and his face is always in my head too. I have many pictures of him to look at. I'm thinking of trying a horsehead bead...that will be a challenge.!! But isn't that what lampworking is all about
Old 2010-04-28, 5:16pm
The Grand Foobah

I have a ton of ideas swirling in my head, unfortunately some will take a while as my ambitions are always greater than my skill, lol!

Old 2010-04-28, 6:46pm

its here and the page is up! Its not finished but oh I saw some beautimous new colors!. They have a color called lipstick pink that looks totally awesome and a frog green I can't wait to get my hands on! And the metallic golden and rose aventurine and and and ...
!!!!lol

Old 2010-04-28, 10:09pm
one day at a time

A blue goldstone that stays blue?? Wow, I like that!

[/quote]
Old 2010-04-28, 10:27pm
Remember to keep smiling

My palms are sweating.......lol Ready to place my order

SRA#P109
Old 2010-04-29, 4:51am
Hot Glass Neophyte

HAPPY DAY! Do you all have the link? You need to get signed up for their email Newsletter if you didn't. Here's the message and link:

"Hello Everyone, It’s here, the long awaited shipment of glass. This is the best shipment of glass yet. We are still working on the website and don’t have everything up yet, but here is the link:

http://www.devardiglass.com/glassApril.htm

You can now access this page by clicking on this link. But we will not have it completed until Friday evening.

There is much more glass to post, so if you don’t see what you are looking for, it may be coming. There are still some amazing glass and other products yet to be added.

Friday evening at 6PM Pacific time, 9PM Eastern time, we will publish all the “buy” buttons to this link, so you can begin shopping. You may see some active buttons now on this site. These are products that we already had for sale before this shipment. You can begin adding them to your cart now if you’d like. They will stay in your cart.

Remember to keep a copy of this email so you can access this link Friday evening. The new glass will be on this site only, and offered only to those on our newsletter list. And, all our new products will be on this page, and nowhere else. "
Old 2010-04-29, 6:23am
The Grand Foobah

I have my list ready to go!

Old 2010-04-29, 7:26am
Hot Glass Neophyte

I've already started shopping - since the Cart holds what you put in it! Can't wait for all the glass to be up!

Is anyone else loading their Cart early?
Old 2010-04-29, 7:34am
GlassDocNC

I am! Has anyone tried the cab mandrels? I'm thinking they may be fun. I also have a thimble mandrel in my cart. So far lots of tools and a little glass but that's sure to change as new stuff is added. I'm itching to get my hands on the copper black glass!

Take life with a grain of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Old 2010-04-29, 8:05am
Living Life Creatively

Has anyone tried their super clear? I'm wondering how it works in a hot flame (I have a Minor and Cricket) and if anyone has had any incompatibility issues with silver glass or other non-Devardi colors?

Thanks! **
-
-
-
Old 2010-04-29, 9:21am

The super clear was pretty good that I tried. No scum and just a few bubbles occasionally. It was so much better than the last batch of vetro!
I tried it over a couple silver glasses and other kinds. I had no problems with the incompatibility.
Old 2010-04-29, 10:10am
The Grand Foobah

I was wavering on whether to start adding to my cart but I may as well. Also I am buying some cab mandrels because they make great beads to put onto magnets!

Old 2010-04-29, 10:29am
Hot Glass Neophyte

I've used their super-clear and it was really nice. I look forward to getting more! It's softer than Effetre.
Old 2010-04-29, 6:38pm
Just Getting Started

Oh Lawsie, it was a long day and I did all that I could just to stay awake until nine. It seems to appear that the hoopla is a bit delayed. Is that coffee I smell?
Old 2010-04-29, 6:39pm

Yes the super clear works great. And my cart is full, all I need is access to the new stuff and the stuff that is out of stock

Old 2010-04-30, 5:38am

What does everybody think about the Metallic Golden Coppery Black Frit? That looks wicked! I want to try it!
Old 2010-04-30, 6:57am
Living Life Creatively

Thanks for the info on the Super Clear, everyone! I'm definitely going to put some in my cart (assuming it's not sold out still?!).
** Lori
-
-
-
Old 2010-04-30, 7:25am
Hot Glass Neophyte

SO much new stuff! I need to put a 2nd mortgage on to get all I want!

What time is it now? Are we there yet?
Old 2010-04-30, 8:43am
Living Life Creatively

Hey, Bethany—where exactly did you find the Metallic Golden Coppery Black Frit? It sounds interesting to me too! ;-D
-
-
-
Old 2010-04-30, 8:45am

It is 2/3 down on sale page. http://www.devardiglass.com/glassApril.htm
Old 2010-04-30, 8:49am
Live and Let Live

I'm really not seeing many 'new' regular colors on the site so far. Kinda bummed. Many are ones they've had before but sold out of, but I already have them. Maybe there are still more to post today?

Old 2010-04-30, 9:02am
Living Life Creatively

Thanks, Bethany—got it! Lisa—I'm really crossing my fingers there's more that will be listed later today too! I lost my cart from yesterday, but have already filled it up again and waiting to add more! LOL
-
-
-
Old 2010-04-30, 10:12am
Hot Glass Neophyte

From what I can see at a glance, they have only added several new straight colors so far, but they really added a lot in the Specialty glass - like the 8 colors of Aventurine Luster Twistie Rods, the 14 Chevron Glass Rods (Murrini Rods) and the solid Aventurine Luster Rods in Gold, Cobalt, Green and Medium Brown Aventurine.

They seem to be still shifting things on the site, and some are not showing that were up earlier, so maybe it will be last minute to get it all up!

I'm definitely in waiting mode!
Closed Thread

Tags
devardi