AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2011-10-12, 1:24pm

Smile Purple Beads

Hi All-

I just (finally) posted on my blog- how to create nice purple beads I can't believe how long this has been in the works. Hope it helps!

http://chestnutridgedesigns.com/sect....aspx?bp_id=22

Thanks for looking! Laura

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-12, 1:36pm

Thank you for all the work you've done. I appreciate the way you've laid out your results.
Joan
Old 2011-10-12, 1:54pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Laura - thank you so much for sharing! The beads are lovely and the information is invaluable!

Old 2011-10-12, 3:09pm

Great information! Thanks for documenting and sharing. And the pictures are really good.

Mimi
Old 2011-10-12, 3:16pm
Lampworkaholic!

Great blog post, thanks for the interesting reading.

I think CiM still makes Crocus, luckily for us purple lovers.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-10-12, 3:54pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Definitely enjoyed your photos and info! Thanks heaps

Old 2011-10-12, 6:48pm
Meet Molly

Great information! I love all the topics you've covered, thus far on your blog. It's alot of time and effort you've put into preparing each article...and...it's all appreciated.

Thank you!
Neomi
Old 2011-10-12, 7:26pm
What was I thinking?

Default Thank you, Laura!

Your blog tutorials are so well illustrated and explained! Thanks for taking the time to share your extensive research and expertise. Beautiful work!

Old 2011-10-13, 6:12am

Smile

You're so welcome I made some florals but they were not that great, so I am going to add another picture of different combos. That will help a little bit more.

Thanks for all the nice comments Laura

Old 2011-10-13, 6:20am
Growing Edge Glass

Thanks for sharing this info Laura!

-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-10-13, 6:31am
Somewhat out there!

How nice of you to do this information. Thank you.

Julianne
Old 2011-10-13, 2:58pm

Wonderful!!! Thanks so much for the info. I love the trans purples too and not so crazy about the opaques, I feel there's not so much to choose from that are as pretty as the trans. You shared a little about the pinks and I was wondering if you could comment a bit more on how to use the pinks. I have a bunch of different colors of pink but they end up washed out. I am at a standstill, actually sick of trying to figure out how to use it without it disappearing. I want a bead that pops, but alas, what can ya do with pink. I should say I am making a cancer themed bracelet so the pastel pinks are what I need.
Old 2011-10-13, 3:19pm
...displaced ocean lover

Wow, that is a lot of work...thanks so much!!!

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Now featuring SOCK MONKEY AND SEA TURTLE beads!

....and now with Hot Steeeeenking Peppers!!!

...and Muggle Made Sorting Hats
Old 2011-10-14, 8:33am

Smile

Hi Kayre-

I am attaching a picture of some breast cancer awareness beads I made a long time ago (2009?). I used mostly pale pinks and whites with rubino accents- there are flowers, raised dots and encased stripes. I was not very happy with the stripes- I htought they were too washed out.

What I would do now is make a striped twistie (like in the green/pink picture) in white and pink. Use 1/2 white and 1/2- base of EDP- after you stripe the EDP on, I hold it up in the top part of the flame until it melts down into a pretty dark pink. Then stripe on your rubino, then encase the whole thing in clear. You should get a nice dark pink that would really pop against the white. This would give you a nice base for discs, or surface decoration.

Hope this gives you some ideas I also have a blog post about pink if you didn't see that yet (from July) Laura
Attached Images

Old 2011-10-14, 12:30pm

You are a goddess!! Thank you so much for this blog!
Renée
-Michael Malone as Jean Claude Claudel
Old 2011-10-20, 11:58am

Great posts on both the purple and the pinks. I enjoyed the bead cap post also. Thanks so much for sharing.

Old 2011-10-26, 10:47am
tweetysweetie

Laura,
I enjoyed looking at your website and reading all the info in your blogs. Your truly a talented & giving artist, OUTSTANDING! thanks for sharing and all you do.

Old 2011-11-09, 9:03pm
Don't worry, bead happy!

Thank you for sharing, Laura! I'm a newbie deciding what glass to order...purple is one of my favorite colors, so this is very helpful as I would have just bought a bunch of purple and been disappointed. Reading the PINKS now...Thanks!!
Old 2011-11-21, 5:06pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickandryan View Post
Hi All-

I just (finally) posted on my blog- how to create nice purple beads I can't believe how long this has been in the works. Hope it helps!

http://chestnutridgedesigns.com/sect....aspx?bp_id=22

Thanks for looking! Laura
Laura,

Thank you so much for the work you put into your website and sharing it with us - at no charge! I love reading through your blog about your color testing and other informative pages you have in your blog. The testing you've done and the info you've given is invaluable. All your beads and colors are gorgeous! It is very enjoyable reading. You give several great tips and tutorials in your blog. I just wanted you to know that it is appreciated!

Thanks, Paula

Last edited by PKnowler; 2011-11-21 at 5:11pm.
Old 2012-12-27, 3:57pm
New Lampworker

Thanks very much for the info. I'm new to lampwork and I just bought a bunch of glass, and a lot of it is purple, so now I know what to expect from the colors. Purple is my favorite color. Since I'm so new, I will use some of the not so great colors to practice with. Thanks again.
Shirl
Old 2012-12-28, 11:05am
tiptrinket

Thank you! You rock.
The lime and pink beads and the other pink pinks are gorgeous!

Old 2012-12-28, 1:21pm

Thank you so much Laura! I have really enjoyed your blog...thank you for sharing!

~
~
~
~