Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-11-20, 5:56pm

Thumbs up Kudos to Flame Tree Glass (in Georgia)

Since I live in the SE and I don't order a lot, I'm always wondering where to get my glass and supplies from. I've ordered from the west coast but would rather stick closer to home if possible.

On and off over the years I've used Flame Tree Glass. I've switched around when I need something they don't carry. But I'm always happy when I order from them.

I had a problem with bad transparent glass once and they replaced it no questions asked and compensated me for the problem.

When I call with a dumb question like "I got Etch All on my skin! What do I do?" (yes I did call...blush) Maureen is kind as could be.

When I needed more information on choosing a kiln I got an education from her husband about the different brands without feeling like I needed to buy it from them. I always feel like I can call with a question and they will know the answer and not mind taking the time to chat with me.

I called them on Friday and got my order today, Tuesday. They always have fast, friendly service, will answer any question and have competative pricing.
They carry Moretti and Vetrofond and all the other usual stuff. They don't carry 96 glass though. Maybe soon?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-11-21, 8:25am
Satake Woman!

And they have the best ventilation in a teach studio that I have ever seen!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2007-11-21, 9:07pm
Fascinated by Fire

Lance and Maureen are the BEST ever!!! They have a great selection of glass, tools, supplies, etc. Their new shop is BEAUTIFUL with lots of beads and glass sculpture around for inspiration. They are always so encouraging with anything I do and will always answer my questions. Plus...I think Lance is gorgeous and I have a huge crush on him!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maureen puts up with my passion for her hubby...but I think she's pretty terrific also!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not only do I use them for my glass fix...I consider them both friends!
Old 2007-11-22, 2:43pm
I need more boro stuff

I ordered some books and magazines from them the other day. My order came in speedy shipping. I love them

Old 2007-11-22, 9:09pm

Default FlameTree Rocks

Lance and Maureen are very nice people, they have nice hearts and only have kind things to say. Maureen makes some of the coolest sculptures I have ever seen!!!!!! And Lance, he da man!

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206

Last edited by mikefrantz; 2008-05-14 at 8:02pm.
Old 2007-11-22, 10:32pm

So Lance is a hunk 'ey? Now I'll get all shy when I call there.

Oh! And I checked their catalog and they also carry Boro.
Maybe I'll move to Roswell..
just kidding...or not!

Old 2007-11-23, 6:15am
Fascinated by Fire

Oh yeah...Lance is definitely a hottie!!!
Old 2007-11-26, 12:10pm
Lady Firebird

Lance and Maureen are THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!! I am so incredibly lucky that they opened up ten minutes from my house

GTT Scorpion torch & Regalia oxycon

Old 2007-11-26, 12:51pm

When I first started out, I didn't know any lampworkers in my area. I ordered all my glass from them as well as my hoses, gauges, etc. I called them asking soooooooooo many questions!
They were so kind & patient with me! Both of them are terrific!
They even got me with my local lampworking group! Maureen & Lance are terrific & I've never met them but I know. They never said they didn't have time for me or my crazy questions! Kudos & big hugs to you, Maureen & Lance!

ginger
Old 2007-11-26, 2:45pm

When I knew I wanted to take a class to learn glass, I went to their shop in Orlando where I used to live. Lance and Maureen are two of the coolest people....I miss seeing them, but I live in SC, If i get to GA, i am going to see them.
Old 2007-11-28, 10:00am
The Andrea Half

Lance and Maureen are amazing, and Lance is one of the best teachers I have ever met. I'm so lucky they are in my city (Frosty, ten minutes, I HATE you. On the other hand, that means I don't have to exercise as much self-control .... )

Both will bend over backwards to help you out, and both of them do incredible scultpure--Lance does realistic, and Maureen does AMAZINGLY quirky and cool stuff.

Old 2007-11-28, 3:30pm
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Default THANKS!!!!

You guys are all great. Thank you for such kind words, much appreciated. You can always call us, no problemo. We are glad to help out anytime. (Are you's trying to butter me up for Christmas time?
) Here's a pic of hottie Lance. I can rent him out too! I know Robyn is on the list for Friday.
Thanks ssssooooo much everyone.

Maureen

Old 2007-11-28, 3:35pm
Cheeky & Impervious

OMG!!! I looooooove me some Maureen & Lance!!! They're my favorite suppliers of all time. Hands down!! I recommend them to everyone I know.

Old 2007-11-28, 10:09pm
Fascinated by Fire

Oh yeah...there's that hottie!!!!

I can't wait until Friday!!!
Old 2007-11-29, 6:06pm

True, true...all this gushing is true! When Lance and Maureen moved to Roswell down the street from me...my husband and I had completely opposite responses! Can you imagine that?! lol

Lance and Maureen's shop is 'da bomb! I was there today and will be there tomorrow renting out a big torch for a large installation project I'm working on. It is THE PERFECT place to work, have a class, buy glass things, talk glass. I took Loren Stump's class there...and we didn't get hot or sickish even with all those torches going at full boogy tilt. The ventilation is perfection (and the Caribbean blue floor in the studio is the coolest color!).

I cannot tell you how many Southern Flamers feel blessed we got a top notch glass supplier/class venue/friends on our turf. We are grateful for sure.

Thank you Maureen and Lance!!

Kristy N.
Old 2007-12-02, 11:20am

Woohoo! Looks like I found a solid supplier for long term. Yeah! It makes life so much easier.
I am planning a a trip to Athens and Roswell GA (to see if I would like to live there) in January if all goes well. This old bod' needs somewhere warmer than Asheville but just LIKE Asheville 'cause I do love it here.
Asheville's got the small town atmosphere with the big city advantages of lots of culture, arts, and great food, but MINUS the damp cold winters and extreme tempurature changes.
Mincot and Julia, does this sound like Roswell? Or anywhere else close by there? (Atlanta is way too big for me.)

Anyway, I'll definately be stopping by Flametree.... (hoping Lance will be there too
) I better bring $$$! Can't wait!

Last edited by ziggys; 2007-12-02 at 11:24am.
Old 2007-12-02, 2:14pm

I meant to say... a town like Asheville in size (population 95,000) and lots of culture, without the damp cold winters and extreme tempurature changes would be nice!
Is that Roswell?

Old 2007-12-03, 8:33am
Lady Firebird

Quote:
I meant to say... a town like Asheville in size (population 95,000) and lots of culture, without the damp cold winters and extreme tempurature changes would be nice!
Is that Roswell?
Ummmm, I would say not. Athens would meet your requirements much more satisfactorily, though it would be a 1 1/2 hour drive each way to FlameTree (with good traffic
). Roswell is a very average, ordinary, white-bread suburb infested with soccer moms and their darling little brats, with precious little of the funky chic of Asheville (with which I am quite familiar).

But when you come down I'll be happy to show you around anyway.

GTT Scorpion torch & Regalia oxycon

Old 2007-12-03, 3:30pm
The Andrea Half

What Frosty said. You'd be better off, if you want Atlanta and that atmosphere, of moving into the East Lake or downtown Decatur neighborhoods--but they are spendy, spendy, spendy!!!

Roswell is white-bread spread out suburbs. Where I am is definitely not white-bread, but it isn't cute, either.

However, we'll be happy to show you around! I have friends in East Lake that you could talk with, if you wanted.

Old 2007-12-04, 4:11am
Leisabeads

Lance and Maureen ~ YOU GUYS RULE!!!!! ~LEISA
Old 2007-12-04, 6:45am
Kim Hart Designs

OMGOSH........Lance and Maureen are the best....LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!! My daughter and I took classes with them when they were in Orlando and I traveled up there just to take a class with Maureen. I have ALWAYS bought my supplies from them. They are THE BEST!!!!!!I also have had many stupid long questions and they have also been happy to answer( at least they acted like it,LMBO).

AND to top it off Roswell is wonderful. My husband and boys went riding and hiking around while I was in class and they LOVED it there. We actually talked about moving somewhere around there, still are actually. We will see.

BIG HUGS to you guys. Hope to see you soon !!

Kim

Old 2007-12-04, 8:20pm

Julia and Mincot, DRAT! Roswell sure looked good on the web. Right size, loooooots of crafts/galleries/art/historic buildings with a cute town square. Just goes to show how hard it is to tell what a place is like by using the Net. Suburbia is not where I want to be. Did that all through my high school years. Yuck!

Julia, Athens is the other town I was interested in! I was planning on visiting both.

Mincot, I would like to take you up on the offer of someone to talk to in East Lake. Not sure if I could afford it but perhaps it would give me somewhere to start.

Thanks a bunch!

Old 2007-12-08, 5:20am
StudioMarcy

Oh I need to get in on this conversation about Flame Tree. I love Maureen and Lance. They've got such big hearts and are always so good to all of us. It is so much fun to go in there and pick out your glass in person or take one of their classes. I love them.

And I know they've got to have some of the fastest shipping around. I watch Maureen zip around to get the orders out so quickly and know how important it is to both of them to provide great customer service.

But more importantly, they're good friends. Not just to me, but to so many people. Hats off to them and huge cheers.

Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2007-12-08, 5:26am
StudioMarcy

Angela, Old Roswell does have some of what you're looking for. It's mainly one street and has fun little shops, restaurants, galleries etc. My suggestion is that you might want to check out Mountain Park which is just north of Roswell. It's pretty funky...more like a large neighborhood and then come into Roswell- just 10 minutes away or go where ever you want from there. Mountain Park has quirky little houses in woodsy areas and looks about as different from suburbia as you can get. I love it there.

Good luck in your search,
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2007-12-08, 8:09pm
Cherine Perrin Glass

Lance and Maureen are so friendly and helpfull. I took my first few lampworking classes from them back when they were in Orlando. I had so many dumb newbie questions and they even came out to my house when I was afraid to hook up my oxygen & propane hoses by myself.

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2008-05-14, 2:17pm
Gone Fishing!

Ok.. I need to get on this too! I love Maureen and Lance... I miss them so much. I was shattered when they left Orlando. I will just have to make a trip to see them sometime next year. MISS YOU GUYS!
Holly Young

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung