Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-10-09, 7:57am

Default Purchasing boro rods question???

Looking to find where I can purchase boro colors either by the rod, or at least only by 1/4 pound incriments at decent price.

I just can't imagine at this point purchasing a whole pound of one color.

Thanks for any information.

Joanna
Old 2006-10-09, 8:04am
ManBearPig

I can think of one really good place...

www.soleiletlune.com

Usually there are 3 rods per quarter pound. I also do sample packs of color.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-10-09, 8:18am

I knew you were going to say that!
I'll go take a looksy!
Old 2006-10-09, 8:24am
ManBearPig

Oh, and I can also do single rods if you want. I don't have the web site set up to be able to order individual rods, but if you want them, call or e-mail me.

Old 2006-10-09, 10:00am
Type ZZZ personality

http://www.lampworkingsupplies.com/p...ight+Satin.htm

Colored Sands is a good place and you can order 1/4#. They also have that Draconis color that Jeff had at OT. I may have to order some!

Maybe we could go together on an order, JoJo the BoHo!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2006-10-09, 10:40am

Patty... Draconis as in that glorious pearly blue I fell in love with?
*crosses fingers* OH PLEASE SAY IT'S SO!

Joanna
Old 2006-10-09, 10:55am
ManBearPig

If you want the Draconis, you better jump on it. It's no longer in production. I haven't been able to get it for a couple months now.

Old 2006-10-09, 10:56am
Safety ALWAYS

Also: http://www.auralens.net

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
Old 2006-10-09, 4:57pm
Nah, not really...;)

I know I am biased
Mountain Glass Arts sells by the rod, no minimum, and FABULOUS service!

http://www.mountainglassarts.com/

Old 2006-10-09, 5:23pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Thanks Mike! Sent you something!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2006-10-13, 7:56am
Cats & Glass!

I have Momka's in single rods and quarter pounds. My prices are 20% off retail. Bill Thornton also has the same rods at the same price. Please PM me if you're interested. Bill's shopping cart is coming soon so it'll be way easier to order.

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2006-10-13, 8:02am
Cats & Glass!

Oh yeah! If you like that pearly blue, you should check out Momka's Lustrous Blue and Silky Satin Blue - they're sooo pretty!

Lustrous Blue

Silky Satin Blue

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2006-10-13, 9:56am
Lady Firebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodTrailGlass
I know I am biased
Mountain Glass Arts sells by the rod, no minimum, and FABULOUS service!

http://www.mountainglassarts.com/
You, biased? Naaaahhhhh, no way.....

GTT Scorpion torch & Regalia oxycon

Old 2006-10-13, 3:24pm
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire
You, biased? Naaaahhhhh, no way.....

Ummm yeah............. just a teeny tiny bit!

Nice to see you on the DARK side!

Old 2006-10-19, 6:25am
Lady Firebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodTrailGlass
Ummm yeah............. just a teeny tiny bit!

Nice to see you on the DARK side!
I'm getting there slowly, slogging my way through ten pages of threads in this room and making copious notes. I can already see I'm going to need more oxy before I really give it a go -- one 5lpm concentrator on a Piranha doesn't seem like it's going to do the job.

Old 2006-10-19, 6:27am
ManBearPig

Quote:
I'm getting there slowly, slogging my way through ten pages of threads in this room and making copious notes. I can already see I'm going to need more oxy before I really give it a go -- one 5lpm concentrator on a Piranha doesn't seem like it's going to do the job.
It will. I did most of my pendants on the center fire of my Tiger Shark (which is just a Piranha). I ran it on either two concentrators or tanked oxygen, and it was all I needed.

Old 2006-10-19, 2:46pm
Lady Firebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
It will. I did most of my pendants on the center fire of my Tiger Shark (which is just a Piranha). I ran it on either two concentrators or tanked oxygen, and it was all I needed.
Cosmo, are you saying that the one concentrator should be enough by itself? I know that even on soft glass my flame leans toward reducing most of the time, no matter how I fiddle with the adjustment, unless I get to a really pinpoint oxidizing flame.

For everyone: would I be better off adding a second refurbished medical concentrator to what I have, or biting the bullet and getting something like an M-10?

TIA,

Old 2006-10-19, 2:49pm
In search of her path....

uh I might have bought all the draconis colored sands had I jumped on that months ago I loved that stuff if they have any more setting around lol Ill be right on that lol I work like 2 miles from there hehe

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-10-19, 2:50pm
In search of her path....

These are gourgeous and they work like BUTTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle Zorko
Oh yeah! If you like that pearly blue, you should check out Momka's Lustrous Blue and Silky Satin Blue - they're sooo pretty!

Lustrous Blue

Silky Satin Blue

Janelle

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-10-20, 5:47am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Cosmo, are you saying that the one concentrator should be enough by itself? I know that even on soft glass my flame leans toward reducing most of the time, no matter how I fiddle with the adjustment, unless I get to a really pinpoint oxidizing flame.

For everyone: would I be better off adding a second refurbished medical concentrator to what I have, or biting the bullet and getting something like an M-10?

TIA,
I would consider adding a second concentrator, but even when running both of mine, I didn't have to run my torch wide open.

Old 2006-10-22, 1:08am

www.vaporglass.com they are having 35% off Momka's and Precision glass til end of October. Great customer service, Erik will take care of ya. .

Marilyn