Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: What kind of glass is your primary medium?
Boro 62 11.68%
Satake 2 0.38%
COE 104 411 77.40%
COE 96 20 3.77%
COE 90 34 6.40%
Other 2 0.38%
Voters: 531. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-04, 3:21pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Default What kind of glass is your primary medium?

I screwed up and ordered some glass decorations that is a waaaayyyyy wrong COE for the glass I use, so trying to get an idea of who uses what for RAOGK's! Make sure you post what you voted for.

I have boro, Bullseye, and Moretti and use Moretti the most...how about you?

***Scorpion (4 stud)***

Last edited by jana; 2006-11-04 at 6:42pm.
Old 2006-11-04, 3:28pm
Resident Luny

100% bullseye.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.
Old 2006-11-04, 3:41pm
Macaw Mamma

All Bullseye COE 90

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2006-11-04, 3:47pm
obsessed with odd lots

everything

but mostly 90 or 96 coe

I may be able to trade for some if that helps (don't know that it is but just a thought)

Click below for a fun and addictive game:

Old 2006-11-04, 4:00pm

100% bullseye

Old 2006-11-04, 4:02pm
Crazy Snake Lady

And I just started toying with Boro
Old 2006-11-04, 4:06pm

104 for me!
Lori
Old 2006-11-04, 4:09pm
Gay rights R human rights

104 and 96 for me. I have some boro but have to wait for the bigger torch to be set up.
Old 2006-11-04, 4:10pm
Wacky but Wonderful

Just switched to all 96 COE and love it. A few 104 colors that I miss, but overall it was a fantastic move. 400+ colors in 96! Whee!

-

Old 2006-11-04, 4:15pm
The Venerable Bead

boro baby

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2006-11-04, 4:35pm
Booger #7

Moretti, BE, Boro....no 96 though

Old 2006-11-04, 4:45pm

I love 104, I have quite a bit of Bullseye, and a little 96 and boro. I just can't give up the 104 though - I can't find the reactions I like in any other soft glass...

GTT Bobcat + Tanked O2
Old 2006-11-04, 5:10pm

104.... sounds like we're doing some backwards sort of auction here.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2006-11-04, 5:23pm

Mostly 104..a little bullseye...I am trying to switch over to all 96..

Old 2006-11-04, 6:17pm

But I've got a sampling of Bullseye (90) that I love & want more of....
I'm playing with as much of Jess's (Phoenix Glass) COE 96 vintage stuff as I can get my hands on to "PPP" with, just 'cause it's fun & I can play with loads of frit with it...
And sitting up on top of my kitchen cabinet is a bundle of Kinari...(what's the COE on Kinari again?? I know it's *really* soft...I haven't melted it yet...waiting till I can do a bunch & put it right into someone's kiln...hmmm...)
Of course I'll play with anything that my hothead will melt......& I've gotten it to melt some pretty darn big rods of 96 COE vintage stuff! (like 12mm+!)
~luna

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2006-11-04, 6:18pm

I'm 104 mostly...it melts so quickly. But I'm facinated w/ 96 lately...Love, Helen

Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.

Old 2006-11-04, 6:39pm
ID10T Problem Solver

I am so dense sometimes....I get something stuck in my head and cannot get around it....for some reason I have it in my head Bullseye is 96 instead of 90 and I just bought all of Lynn's short twisties in 96 with nothing to use them on!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2006-11-04, 7:59pm
Is it May yet?

Hmm...you could get some 96 to play with!!

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2006-11-04, 8:37pm
ID10T Problem Solver

You have seen my work station....do I really need ANOTHER glass type?!?!?!

Where the heck would I put it?

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2006-11-04, 10:01pm
make beads not war

Bullseye! I'm totally addicted to that but sill use a lot of 104 glass.
Old 2006-11-04, 10:58pm
Farewell promises nothing

Only 104 for me... I would love to play with others, but can't afford to invest into other types now... and my hothead doesn't really play nice with the lower COEs anyways.
Old 2006-11-04, 11:22pm

About half and half 104 and Bullseye with some 96 thrown in for decorations. I was seriously thinking about switching to all Bullseye when I discovered R4 glass, and now I'm totally hooked on the silver glass's.
Carol

Old 2006-11-05, 6:53am
Glass my new Obsession

All 104 for me

Old 2006-11-05, 9:04am
going crazy

104 for now, but who knows in the future?
Old 2006-11-05, 9:13am

I started with 104, probably with the masses. I've just gotten a little 96 and am really liking it. I considered leaving the 104 for Bullseye several years ago but didn't. I wanted some colors (pinks and purples mostly) but didn't want to work with what I could afford. (You know, you've got to have some white, and maybe some black, and some clear and then maybe some of this and that for variety.) Still I kind of wish I had. If I had stopped buying 104 and started building bit by bit I'd have another selection by now, instead of a bunch of basics of 104.

Someday I hope to have a selection of both 90 and 96. Not a huge selection, just so I can create. I really like the colors I see.

I've tinkered with boro but I'm not very good with it. I like how the glass works, I just can't get the colors to strike.

Edit to add, I got some Hawaiian Punch from Karin, and I love it. I was thinking it was 96 but it might be 90. I just keep it by it's self by my kiln and only fondle it some.

Last edited by Just Nancy; 2006-11-05 at 9:20am.
Old 2006-11-05, 12:39pm
Formerly known as LT

104 and boro love both for different things.
Old 2006-11-05, 12:44pm

I use mostly 104 coe, but have a bit of Bullseye and assorted 96 coe as well. I love the 104!

Old 2006-11-05, 1:57pm
BHB's- big honkin' beads!

Mostly 104 for me but I have a good sampling of almost all COE's in my studio... and only wish I had more time to play with it all, especially Bullseye and Boro

I teach for Bullseye and of course they load me up on all of their cool new colors and usually give me something to test that hasn't been released yet. I just taught there last weekend and they let me test a new glass that is going to seriously going to "knock you socks off!!!" OMG it rocks!! But don't be asking for it or call Bullseye and say "Larry was talking about this new glass..." As usual, Bullseye has to get this glass to where they can reproduce it in big quantitiies and that always takes time... just thought I would tease you!

Cheers, Larry

Website is back up!!! Yipee!!!
Old 2006-11-05, 2:47pm
Ad astra per aspera

boro

Gaffer is taking over my life!

Old 2006-11-05, 5:43pm
<--- Time traveler

I use 104 and 96 primarily, and a little boro.