Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-11-17, 10:17am

Default Spokane Get Together and Bead Exchange

December 12th at 12:00 in the afternoon. This is on a Saturday. Maria Hooper lives near Liberty Lake and her generous nature comes through as she is allowing us to "swamp" her residence with this get together of lampwork flame artists. Maria will give us directions if you email her at hourglassbeads@gmail.com.

So whip up a nice bead to exchange at this local social event.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-17, 7:55pm

Thanks Maria!!!! This should be so much fun.

Peggy

Old 2009-11-18, 7:20am
Did someone say Oddlot?

Can't wait to see everyone!

Will have a big pot of chili on with corn bread muffins. The torch will be hot if anyone wants to demo. It's a minor with 2 concentrators. There is lots of glass to play with.

You can also IM right here at LE for directions.

Maria
Old 2009-11-20, 6:34am
Cats & Glass!

Oh! I will be bummed to miss this - I miss all of you!

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-11-20, 8:59am

Janelle, we will miss you too. Sherry Yost says hello....

Old 2009-11-20, 9:18am
Did someone say Oddlot?

Miss you too Janelle. We'll be thinking bout cha for sure! How's it going in AL? Will you get the x-mas snow this year?
Old 2009-11-20, 7:29pm

In Spokane!! Can I come too if the glass gods permit? I know I'm from Montana and a newby but I have friends there that I might be able to stay with so that I can have the pleasure of meeting all of you and watching/learning.

Gene
Old 2009-11-21, 7:47am

I would love to come! I was so sorry to miss the last one.

Maria - how nice of you to host this party!

Thanks Kay for sending the directions!

My beads are mediocre at best but I'll bring some along.

Gene - I hope you can make it!
Old 2009-11-21, 8:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by granodivetro View Post
In Spokane!! Can I come too if the glass gods permit? I know I'm from Montana and a newby but I have friends there that I might be able to stay with so that I can have the pleasure of meeting all of you and watching/learning.

Gene
Of course you can come.. that's what it is about.. networking. This area could sure use it..

And fyi, friends, Sean Stratton of RAGlass is going to try to be there and for those that don't know, he makes and sells some awesome lampworking tools and has great prices. He is actually at the Custer's Art Show in Spokane this weekend. It was nice running into him.. Go say hello.....

Old 2009-11-23, 9:26am
Did someone say Oddlot?

Sounds like this party is getting started! I have plenty of room for everyone! This is an open invitation for lampworkers of all experience levels who wants to make the trek to Spokane Valley.

We have had a couple of get togethers on the north side of town so this time the eastsiders can take advantage!

Also if there is snow I would be happy to send my DH for a Van pick up in Liberty Lake for those that don't have 4 or all wheel drive. Just let me know and we will arrange a time.

Maria
Old 2009-11-26, 11:45pm
Frustrated Artist

Heya Gals & Guys, I would love to see you all again. Should I leave the hubby at hoem or will there be other non-glassy peeps?
D

Old 2009-11-29, 12:53am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Default Hello's

Kay,
I don't get on much but have been checking periodically to keep up with info on CRAMIT this summer. I will def be up for that! Good to see you still around and see that Janelle keeps in touch... Hi girl! How youall like the south?-))

Wish I could be there. I finished and tested my Battuto machine this evening. It seems to work well. There are some minor issues to work out with making the diamond wheels but it's dialing in nicely.

Have fun and say hello to Sean if he shows up. PJ
Old 2009-11-29, 8:59am

Hi, PJ. Good to hear from you. it would be fun to see you again. Sounds like you are doing well at staying busy. And I will say hello to Sean for you.. Mike says hello. BTW.. How is your friend, Mike.. I was thinking of him while I was doing a pendant the other day...

Old 2009-11-30, 5:30pm

Hi BBB,

My hubby is coming, what about Mike, Kay?

See you the weekend after next!

Peggy

Old 2009-12-01, 12:40am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Default Season Greetings

My friend Mike is doing well. He's been chained to the torch these last few weeks getting ready for a couple of Holiday Sales that his wife puts on for friends and co-workers every year.

I'm developing a hand faceting head that lets you facet beads, marbles, etc with something as simple as a 6" square of copper and some diamond dust abrasive or an old used lap. Not quite as "precision" as a true faceting machine but enough for glass workers needs. And much much less costly! We don't usually need the reflection properties of precision facets for sparkle.

Pass my hellos to your Mike and I hope you and all the other east siders have a great holiday season. Go Huskies!!! )

PJ
Old 2009-12-05, 9:51am
Did someone say Oddlot?

Our get together is only a week away!!!!
Old 2009-12-06, 8:15am

PJ, you tell Mike hello. I always remember how he taught me to do pansies in pendants!! Good luck with your machine engineering and keep us posted. Go BullDogs!!!

Looking forward to Saturday.. I think I will bring some brownies to nibble on...

Old 2009-12-06, 8:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyRose View Post
Hi BBB,

My hubby is coming, what about Mike, Kay?

See you the weekend after next!

Peggy
Mike will be there...

Old 2009-12-06, 8:41am

I am SO bummed. I don't get to go to Spokane There's been a challenge with my brothers (yet again/still), and it has ended up costing me all the money I had saved up for the trip. I just about cried when the call for bail, etc, came in. I do my best to love them, but sometimes I really don't like them. 29 year old men that act like 15 year old boys...UGH..Anyway, thank you all so very much for the kind invite. I was really looking forward to it and am sorry that I won't be able to attend.

Gene
Old 2009-12-06, 8:58am

You can still love them without bailing them out! Sorry, I just come from the old school where we had to be responsible for ourselves and our own actions...
Wish you could make it anyway..... maybe things will change...

Old 2009-12-07, 1:27pm

Don't forget, that we will be having a bead exchange, also, so if you want to participate bring 1+ wrapped beady. I am so excited to see you all, again!

Peggy

Old 2009-12-09, 7:40pm

It was brought to my attention that everyone might not understand how a holiday bead exchange works, so here is the short version. Bring at least one wrapped bead and you will receive one wrapped bead, bring 2 wrapped beads and receive 2 wrapped beads, etc., the more you bring, you get the same amount back. We will be doing a steal exchange, meaning that however many beads end up in the pot, there will be that many numbers, you then pick a number (probably on a piece of paper) and that will be your turn to pick a wrapped bead. You have to open up the wrapping when you pick the bead, so everyone can see. There will be 2 steals, meaning if you really like the bead someone else got before you, then you can steal it and they get to pick another, that can only happen twice, though, once a bead is "stolen" twice, it gets to stay with that last person. Clear as mud, I suppose, but it is a lot of fun. If anyone has any questions, please IM me.

Does that sound about right, Kay, Maria?

Show and tell and any beads for sale are also welcome.

I am so looking forward to this! I sure hope it doesn't snow, too much, and I don't say that often, I love the snow, but I just don't want to get stuck in it.

Peggy

Last edited by PeggyRose; 2009-12-09 at 7:41pm. Reason: adding content
Old 2009-12-09, 11:10pm

Peggy, makes sense to me.. Thanks as I was cornfozed also... But I am that way all the time!! Sounds like we will have fun. Maria is bringing dessert and I will bring a veggie tray... There might be two new artists there also. Sid and her hubbie are coming..

Old 2009-12-10, 11:26am
Frustrated Artist

any of you willing to do a demo on pulling down Murrini? I have been practicing with some simple cane and it is not looking pretty

Old 2009-12-10, 6:28pm

Hey everyone this is my very first post. I guess that means I'm no longer a LE stalker-ha ha. I am making a triple chocolate bundt cake for Saturday. I'm so excited to see everyone since I was unable to attend the last gathering. Maria DiBartolo
Old 2009-12-11, 5:13am

Hi Maria - it will be nice to meet you!

That cake sounds wonderful!

I'm going to bring along a big bowl of homemade Chex mix.
Old 2009-12-11, 8:52am

Sean Stratton will be there.. He makes great lampworking tools at great prices... marvers, presses, reamers, etc. Bring $$$$$$ or maybe I should say $

Old 2009-12-11, 8:54am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdibartolo View Post
Hey everyone this is my very first post. I guess that means I'm no longer a LE stalker-ha ha. I am making a triple chocolate bundt cake for Saturday. I'm so excited to see everyone since I was unable to attend the last gathering. Maria DiBartolo
Hi, Maria!! You sweetie, you. It will be good to see you, Sat.

Old 2009-12-11, 10:47am

Default Nice Surprise!!

Hey, gang. There will be FREE samples of Momka's beautiful glass rods at this event! I received them today and there are some great colors.. her flambe colors, violet hue, yellow pearl, cloud, silver beach... etc.. and etc ..

Thank you, Momka! Your generousity is overwhelming. This will be fun...

Old 2009-12-12, 8:25am

Well, there will be lots of veggies, as I also am bringing a veggie tray, I thought you were bringing brownies, Kay? Anyway, veggies will be covered!

What kind of murrini were you wanting to see, Davina? I could maybe do one, depending on how complex you want to see.

See you there!!!! I'm getting ready to leave soon, since it is a couple hours+ drive for us.

tail wags,
Peggy