LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2013-11-12, 9:36am
Experimentalist

Default Crimping Basics and Special Techniques

Hi. I've completed my first two CraftArtEdu tutorials. It was supposed to be one tutorial on crimping, but it got rather long and involved so they broke it up into two sections.

Part 1 handles the basics and Part 2 covers some special circumstances that arise when crimping jewelry.

BTW, if you want to be entered into the drawing to win one of the two bracelets I made in the e-class...

... just leave a comment in this thread. The winners will be randomly selected before Christmas.

I hope you enjoy these free classes!

They're listed at the bottom of my page. Here's the link:http://craftartedu.com/instructors/index/view/id/149/

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-11-12, 10:35am

Thanks Laura for the tutorial, always love to see your jewelry, and your just so talented. (a few honest words).

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2013-11-12, 10:43am
BeadsonCypress

Thanks, just what I needed!!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2013-11-12, 11:20am
Experimentalist

Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement, ladies!

Old 2013-11-12, 11:35am

Laura, enjoyed looking at the sample views of your work.
The tutorials are so generous of you to post. Thank you.

You are awesome!
Old 2013-11-12, 11:49am
Experimentalist

Thanks, Kay!

Old 2013-11-12, 1:18pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Love your jewelry and always needing to learn too. Thank you Laura!!
Sue

Old 2013-11-12, 3:19pm
Experimentalist

Thanks so much, Sue! <3

Old 2013-11-12, 4:32pm
Melody of Glass

Thanks for the tutorial. Off to check it out. I am in love with that second bracelet. Are those lampwork beads or stone? They are gorgeous.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-11-12, 5:21pm
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente View Post
Thanks for the tutorial. Off to check it out. I am in love with that second bracelet. Are those lampwork beads or stone? They are gorgeous.
Thanks. I hope you enjoy the tutorials.

The first bracelet is Peridot, Lapis, and sterling silver.

The second one is Jasper and sterling silver.

Isn't it wild the patterns Jasper makes?

Old 2013-11-12, 5:34pm
Melody of Glass

The jasper is beautiful! I'm attempting to enjoy your tutorials but my internet is not cooperating at all. May be the weather. I'm now posting from my phone. The part that I saw was fantastic though. Really well done. Looking forward to watching part two if I can coax my internet into compliance.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-11-12, 5:58pm
Lover of Life

This sounds like a great tut! I have a couple of specific issues that always seem to arise, so maybe this will help!

The bracelets are gorgeous too!!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2013-11-12, 10:32pm
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente View Post
The jasper is beautiful! I'm attempting to enjoy your tutorials but my internet is not cooperating at all. May be the weather. I'm now posting from my phone. The part that I saw was fantastic though. Really well done. Looking forward to watching part two if I can coax my internet into compliance.
Aw, thanks so much! There's not rush... The tutorials aren't going anywhere and they'll always be free.

Old 2013-11-12, 10:33pm
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexrox View Post
This sounds like a great tut! I have a couple of specific issues that always seem to arise, so maybe this will help!

The bracelets are gorgeous too!!
Thanks Becky. Let me know if your issues aren't addressed in the class. Maybe it's something I omitted and should add in.

Old 2013-11-13, 6:48am

I've watched both tutorials and they are wonderful! I would love to be able to take an "in person" class with you. The bracelets are stunning.

Old 2013-11-13, 7:31am

Great videos Laura! Nicely done and I love seeing the examples of your work!

Tina

Old 2013-11-13, 10:20am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Congratulations on being an instructor on CraftArtEd. I have been taking their classes for a while now. Am slipping over now to look at yours.

BTW, your bracelets are really beautiful.
Old 2013-11-13, 11:05am

GREAT tutorials Laura! Very helpful and some great ideas that I would of never thought to do (double crimping.)
Thank you for sharing.
Old 2013-11-13, 11:14am
flight risk

There are some really good tips in that second video, thank you! Beautiful bracelets, I've always loved your jewelry designs.

Old 2013-11-13, 4:36pm
Experimentalist

Wow, thanks for the awesome support, everyone.

You're all so encouraging and make me want to do more classes.

Old 2013-11-13, 5:52pm
Burnt Wood Beads

How awesome!!! I love the brown one! Thanks for the tutorials!

Julie

Old 2013-11-15, 8:49am

Thank you for posting this. I am a fan of your jewelry and this was helpful. I wasn't aware of this website, so discovering that was an added bonus!
Old 2013-11-15, 9:29am

Laura,
Thank you for your generosity! Very nice job!
I just watched the first one, and can't wait to see the second one. I have to say its one of the best jewelry making videos i've seen.

Old 2013-11-16, 1:50pm

Thank you Laura! I really enjoyed the video, now maybe I can make a decent bracelet!

Old 2013-11-17, 10:53am
Experimentalist

Thanks all for to the TOTALLY heart-warming comments.

I'm so so so happy my tutorials are helpful !

Old 2013-11-18, 1:35pm

What beautiful bracelets!

Will have to check out the tutorials later, but thanks for posting the information.

Yvonne
Old 2013-11-18, 5:29pm

How very generous of you to share your excellent classes! Thank you so much, I really enjoyed them both.

You can't shine if you don't burn
Old 2013-11-19, 7:00am

Love the paper tip for crimping! You have a great way of explaining each process.

Old 2013-11-19, 8:34am
Experimentalist

Thanks so much, Yvonne, Ness, Deb!

Old 2013-11-20, 4:37pm

Wow, thank you so much.. I learned a lot and I do appreciate it. Thank you for doing this for all learn.
Cherri