No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-02-14, 3:20pm
Temptress

Default Pandora Bead Sizes

I have a customer that has asked me to make her some Pandora beads. I've got the hole size figured out, but I've never made any before and am wondering what the average size of the overall bead is....I tend to make large beads anyway. Would anyone like to share the average size of their beads with me? Thanks so much!
Old 2009-02-14, 3:29pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Hey Julie - if you look at real Pandora beads, they're tiny . . . at least to me I make big beads too, so there's no way I could make a decorated bead as small as a name brand Pandora. Mine wind up being around 8mm through the hole and usually 15 - 16mm across. They're still a nice size for bracelets

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-02-14, 4:31pm
Temptress

Thanks Ginny. I just ordered some tubing from another LE'er who included a pretty sample bead but I about had a heart attack when I saw that tiny little thing. I don't even make spacer beads that small!
Old 2009-02-14, 5:31pm
Beadmaking.nl

Take a look in my webshop. I sell my own beads, Margrieten®, which fit also on Pandora.

Each bead has his measures: http://www.margrieten.com

Old 2009-02-14, 9:54pm
Learning...

Mine run about 15-16mm also.

Old 2009-02-15, 7:39am
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSage View Post
Thanks Ginny. I just ordered some tubing from another LE'er who included a pretty sample bead but I about had a heart attack when I saw that tiny little thing. I don't even make spacer beads that small!

I know!! I went "shopping" (more like snooping) for Pandora beads and almost fell over when I saw the glass beads. I've gotten alot of comments about the bigger glass beads, I think people like them just fine. Go with what you're comfortable with making. Eventually you'll get into a rhythm of making them a good size . . . but don't get discouraged if your first few are gigantic

Old 2009-02-15, 7:52am
Temptress

Thanks for the link Margriet. It is very nice to see the measurements and so many people do not include them.

Thanks Ginny, I made a dozen of them before I got the sample bead (had never seen one in person before that) and they all measure 11-12mm by 16-18mm. Guess I will be trying for a little smaller today LOL