LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2012-02-14, 2:22pm

Pixxy Trixx, PJ, thanks, guys you made my day! Sorry about that panic thing! Glad it all came clear again. Like so many things, simple after you figure it out! Post some pics when you are all set up; I will do the same!
Old 2012-02-28, 1:57am

Making some headway! Just have to build the top part of the enclosure, and figure out some kind of light in there. Can see some light...hope it's not a train coming at me!
Attached Images

Old 2012-02-28, 11:58am
Gentleman of Leisure

Small fluorescent tube fixture would work great...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2012-02-28, 1:18pm
Noooobie!

Good Job Girl!!!

Is the pipe on the counter your return air pipe?? If so, is that the height to make it? I was thinking it would be flush to the counter. Dale if you read this, can you provide some insight please.

Hubby was supposed to bring home my hood on Wed, but they are forecasting snow for that night, and he can't miss another day of school (teacher) for his kids to get their projects completed on time. Soooo... probably will be the weekend before we get this far.

You are rockin' on this setup... it won't be long til we are talking about our first beads from our own studios!

Hugs, Pixx
Old 2012-02-28, 2:05pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Think piece on Judys bench is just a extra piece for overhead just not put into place yet...

Typically when one brings makeup air through bench its flush with surface with some sort of screen or grill on it...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2012-02-28, 5:21pm

Dale's correct. Just the piece that will connect hood to ducting. I'll post pics and more description soon!
Old 2012-03-01, 1:22pm

OK!! Almost done, yay! Just some tidying up, put in some kind of light, double-tape the plenum outside, stuff like that. It works great, and is VERY quiet, so that's wonderful!

I believe that if I open the other ceiling vent in the main shop area, it will improve the draw a bit, and also will be partly using that air rather than only heated air, so I think it may be that I don't need a separate, closed-off makeup air supply. Will see about that once I get busy and put in a decent session at the torch. I have a couple of ideas about that if it is necessary.

I didn't use a smoke-thingy yet to test, but all fumes, ash and odor from a burning paper towel held where the torch flame will be went right up into the duct; I didn't detect any smell at all from just behind the torch where I'll be standing or sitting.

Here's a pic, and if I can help anyone in any way who's still working on this stuff I'd be more than happy to try! And MANY thanks to you guys who've stuck with me and helped in so many ways. Your generosity with time and expertise is just so amazing.

I'll report in again when I've actually started torching. Might be a week or two; have a few other things demanding some attention, and a few essentials yet to obtain.

Thanks again, guys. I owe you! If I can't do anything for you, I promise to pass it on!

Judy