Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-07-23, 12:07pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Default New Tink Class: Rattle Globes --- Booking studios NOW!

"So when are you going to teach a globe class, Tink???"

How about NOW? We've been offering a taste of the globe experience in some of our classes over the past few months just to see what kind of response we'd get. Well, it became crystal clear to us immediately that a dedicated globe class would be VERY welcomed!

This is a brand new two day class that teaches everything you need to know to blow perfect jewelry-quality globes and use them to make pendants. You'll learn to make micro-marbles, hearts, flowers and other tiny sculptural bits to fill the globe. And finally, you'll learn to create custom metal cap/bails for the globes you've made. Yes, you'll go home with completed globe pendants!

This class is *perfect* for the layperson who has been hoping to learn a little about soldering and working with silver without making a huge investment of time or money. And everything is explained in very simple terms: YOU CAN DO IT!!!

The hosting studio will need to provide torches, kilns, glass, a dapping block/punch set, and at least rudimentary soldering supplies (ie: inexpensive butane torch, paste solder, boric acid and denatured alcohol).

I will provide special small hollow mandrels, a dremel or two and sterling silver needed for caps/bails.

This is a particularly nice and affordable class for studios and clubs: Only ONE airline ticket (instead of two), and three nights of lodging. As always, I cover my ground transportation and meals.

If you're interested in booking a Tink Globealicious Weekend at your studio, contact me for rates at tink@tinkmartin.com or give me a call at 419-255-8465. For those of you who have hosted us before, my per-student rates have not increased over our 2007 prices!

If you are a student and would like to see me come to your local teaching studio for a globalicious weekend, ask the studio owner to contact me.

These classes will allow me to travel light, and will free John up to continue his work on our old house AND will allow him to get back to work in the hot shop. It should be great fun, and I look forward to seeing a bunch of new faces in these classes!

Also Available in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tink; 2008-07-23 at 12:19pm.
Old 2008-07-23, 1:01pm

Default Interested

We are interested I'll send you an e-mail from M & D Designs.
Sounds Great!
Old 2008-07-23, 2:23pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Got it! Thanks! I'm getting into the whole "Domestic Goddess" thing today and am cooking dinner, so I'll be sending emails out this evening. I've already heard from nearly a dozen studios! Thanks, everyone, for your interest and support!

Also Available in

Old 2008-07-23, 3:06pm
Wild at Heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogee View Post
Sounds Great!
Marion,

You and Vicki better not forget about me when you book it!!!!

Kristi

??
Old 2008-07-25, 9:21am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Still catching up on emails!

I also wanted to mention that this is a class that I don't need as much prep time for, so I don't need the six months to a year+ lead time. I'm in the process of setting up a weekend globe class for the end of August already, and I could see being able to even do another one in August if there's a desire for one someplace.

I was reminded by a student that I should let you know, too, that this class includes how to make cool glass stands for these globes so that they can be artfully displayed when not being worn instead of languishing all hidden away in your jewelry box. Here's a pic of one of my globes on its glass stand:

Also Available in

Old 2008-07-27, 5:41am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

...and yet more answers to other oft asked questions:
  • I do ask that there be a minimum of five students for the weekend.
  • A "weekend" doesn't have to be Saturday and Sunday. It can be any two consecutive days of the week.
  • And yes: If you are willing to pay the five student minimum, I will be happy to come to your private or home studio and do a one-on one weekend with you. But do you REALLY want to be trapped with me for two whole days? Think about it. Long and hard...

Also Available in

Old 2008-07-29, 8:18pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Tinkalicious...

come 2 tha' BIG AZZ Valentine's Bash in St. Louis in February......

it gonna b BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99375

it would be even more Tinkeriffic if you and John could join us!!!

we're gonna play with EVERYTHING that weekend.....

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2008-07-30, 10:15am
Wendy

Sent it to our local glass studio and am hoping they say yes! *keeping my fingers and toes crossed*

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2008-07-30, 10:49am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Cool beans

Is it local as in Raleigh?

Also Available in

Old 2008-07-30, 5:20pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Flame Kissed Beads? I emailed them as well. Maybe if we bombard them they'll run it!

Old 2008-07-30, 5:39pm
ID10T Problem Solver

You are already booked at my local studio for September 2009. Could this be substituted for those classes if there is enough interest, or add another 2 days to your visit?

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2008-07-30, 7:09pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

We could do either, Jana. Just let me know...

Also Available in

Old 2008-07-31, 11:12am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Ooh, yeah. I'm with Jana. This class would be very cool!!!

Old 2008-08-02, 8:31am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

It would probably be better to do it as an add on, Lisa. Drop me an email!

Also Available in

Old 2008-08-02, 9:49am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Okay. It'll be later tonight, after work. (Yuk!)

Old 2008-08-02, 10:11am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

IMPORTANT: If you have contacted me about a globealicious weekend and haven't heard back from me, or if we were in the process of setting something up and you're waiting on me, PLEASE drop me an email. I had a somewhat catastrophic data loss on my office computer. tink@tinkmartin.com

Poop.

Also Available in

Old 2008-08-03, 8:04am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

As I've been talking to studio owners on the phone, the same question keeps coming up: What level is this class?

It's a great class for ALL levels!

Yes, even beginners. Since there will only be me for these classes (unless we do it as an add on when John is with me) I do ask that all the students in the class have had at least enough torch time that they can light a torch and have melted SOME glass (so that they aren't freaked out when it melts).

It's great for advanced and intermediate students, too, as it teaches skills that aren't commonly taught in beadmaking classes. There's a heavy focus on heat control. Very heavy. And working on tiny hearts, birds, marbles and the like will hone your heat control skills like you wouldn't believe. I get emails all the time from students telling me that my heat control tips for blowing and working small have made a huge difference (for the good) when they get back to their own studio and work on their usual designs.

Also Available in

Old 2008-08-03, 9:23am

Tink,
Time to come to Rochester Baby! I will be shooting you an email, let's make a date!
Jen
Old 2008-08-03, 9:56am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Hey Jen! How far is Rochester from Corning?

Someone from Rochester has emailed me, so drop me a note with your thoughts!

Also Available in

Old 2008-08-07, 9:05pm
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post

It's great for advanced and intermediate students, too, as it teaches skills that aren't commonly taught in beadmaking classes. There's a heavy focus on heat control. Very heavy. And working on tiny hearts, birds, marbles and the like will hone your heat control skills like you wouldn't believe. I get emails all the time from students telling me that my heat control tips for blowing and working small have made a huge difference (for the good) when they get back to their own studio and work on their usual designs.

OMG!!! I thought it just covered making the globes! But tiny hearts! Tiny birds!! Tiny marbles!! I just may have to rob a bank or something so I can get to one of these classes!!!!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-09, 6:38am
2LeftShoes

I've heard a happy rumor that has now been confirmed. Can't wait to have you back at the Hot Shops Art Center in Omaha, NE in 2009!

This time I hope that I can take your class.
Old 2008-08-09, 7:06am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Hope to see you there, Kelli!

Also Available in

Old 2008-08-09, 7:31am
Gone Fishing!

Talking

Bwaahahaahahaha.... The florida glass dragons are one of the first to book this amazing oppertunity with Tink! We actually asked her before she even posted this..neener neener neener! She will be teaching here on the weekend of August 30th so if any Florida peeps want to get in on this great oppertunity... we still have one or two spots left!

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Old 2008-08-16, 12:46am
Follow Your Art

Hi Tink!

Hope you can make it back to sunny California with this class. Sounds really fun.

Lena

Lena
Follow Your Art
Old 2008-08-16, 11:20pm

If the class is at the Hot SHops I think I'll have to be there!!!! I'm off to email mom the happy happy news!
Old 2008-08-17, 5:02pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
Sounds Great!
Ooh! I wanna come!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2008-08-24, 3:36am
"Maybe it's a tumor"

Tink are you gonna tell them about the BBJ (butter)!!!!!!!! and sing the song for them????? And tell them you can't believe it's not .........!!!!!!!!!
Hey all you lucky participants I am one of the fortunate ones to have had the globe/tiny contents class and you are gonna LOVE it. Just a warning you will be addicted!!!!!
Carol
Old 2008-08-24, 3:43pm
Certified Glassaholic!

If there is a class in Rochester or somewhere on the East Coast would someone please post with information?

Thanks!

-Yee

Old 2008-08-24, 4:49pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Hey Yee! I'm waiting to hear back from a Rochester studio!

Also Available in

Old 2008-08-24, 6:52pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Hey Tink, Crazy VW westies PA folks that torched with you guys in Alaska. I have opened a 4(soon to be 6) torch studio. I would love to have you come and teach here. I imagine that Barb C would take the class for sure.I'll email you so you can send the info. Hope you are feeling well and your "headache" is gone.
HI John!

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....