Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-12-31, 11:49am

Quote:
Don't we all give our "regular" bead customers perks? An extra bead here, free shipping on something, give a better price on something?

Everyone does that. It's part of business.
Oh, Kevan--it may be a "part of business", but so is "making sure that EVERY CUSTOMER" is at the VERY LEAST a "satisfied customer". I don't begrudge the "famous ones" the special treatment or the test glass they may get. I don't take issue with "bigger orders" getting higher discounts, or the occasional freebie. I *do* take issue with "repeat customers" getting treated as if THEY are the only ones "not being a rip-off-artist" & all "new customers" being viewed as if "because they're new" or "because their order is relatively small" (and wft? $60 for ME is the size order I place 3x a year--that's IT--that's what I spend on glass--I don't get a lot of torch time--I spend $200 a year on glass. Period. So my orders will NEVER be "huge" or "large"--it's WHY I wait for fantastic sales or what-have-you! I want to stretch that little bit of $ as far as I can stretch it--I'm QUITE sorry if a vendor feels that $60 is "SMALL" & therefore makes ME a "fraud risk"
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'll spend it with SMALL vendors who seem PLEASANT about serving ME, a SMALL beadmaker & not a teacher, or production worker, or frequent order placer who runs up freakin credit-cards I can't pay off!

Quote:
I'm a very small customer. In fact I've only ordered from them twice so far and they've gone above and beyond for me. I really haven't had an issue and found them to be very pleasant and helpful when I was on the phone with them. I'd hate to see a few bad experiences spoil it for everyone. We all have our "off" days.
There's an "off-day", & then there's "blaming every problem ON THE CUSTOMER", being RUDE TO SAID CUSTOMER via email, NOT solving the problem, BEING RUDE TO EVERY OTHER CUSTOMER who asks about a problem on a forum & bullying them (how many PM's have I gotten now from folks who are afraid to post? I can't even count? It's INSANE & over truely stupid stuff! Things smaller vendors would have just "eaten" & replaced, or just apologized for!)

I can appreciate that Trey gets good service. I think if you're a teacher, OR you're placing a LARGE sized order, or ordering a kiln, a concentrator, or something "worth money, with a better profit margin", you're likely to get great service.
I suspect the BAD service comes in, when you order a SMALL order, or a FIRST TIME order & particularly if you do it on a SALE ITEM or something with a LOW PROFIT MARGIN! Then it's just "harder" for "the powers that be" to want to do the right thing in the name of "customer service" & FIX THE ISSUE (even if it would cost them six freakin' dollars worth of glass stuffed in a priority box to make someone happy)

~luna
who really *was* intending to stay out of this thread, because every time I come back to it it gets me all agitated & then I make my staff give even BETTER customer service to every annoying customer in MY store (of course, my store only had ONE customer phone call go to customer care last year--best record in the district of 16 stores!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-12-31, 1:16pm
Enabler

Oh. My. God.

You're certainly making a lot of blanket assumptions there. At this point, this thread is beginning to feel like a VERY personal vendetta.

Old 2008-12-31, 1:23pm
Member of the Booger7

I've had very good luck with ABR as well. I don't place huge orders and when I did have a missing item on my order, they took care of it right away. Ross answers all of my questions and has always been courteous, even when I've called about 10 times prior to placing my order.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dianna -

Old 2008-12-31, 9:03pm

Quote:
Oh. My. God.

You're certainly making a lot of blanket assumptions there. At this point, this thread is beginning to feel like a VERY personal vendetta.
No, actually this thread is "starting" to feel like *every other thread* where *anyone* (particularly NEW PEOPLE!) have EVER had a problem with ABR. They're immediately jumped on by every person who has ever ordered & gotten good service & told it "must be their fault" & to "try again anyway" or to "keep it private" or "make a phone call" or that "maybe you didn't try hard enough to resolve it privately"
no matter what the issue was or how hard they *did* try to resolve it!

And I'm not making ANY "blanket" assumptions--I'm basing my posts on what has been stated by representatives of ABR and on my OWN EXPERIENCE WITH THAT COMPANY.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-01-01, 3:34pm
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
Good for you .... I'm sure you get discounts and extras since your so well known and place such big orders too. Get real .....
wow! necessary?

as i live close enough to buy supplies from wale in store, i don't do much ordering when it comes to glass supplies. the past three years i have been a vendor at bead fest philly/valley forge and the IFC, among other bead shows. ross always has a smile on his face and is more than helpful with any questions customers have.

ross has always come across to me as a people person. if you have an issue with him, please give him a call. thats not fair to him to deny him the chance to talk to you about your issue and correct it.

i will continue to be a customer of ABR whenever i see ross and the guys at shows.

Old 2009-01-01, 8:39pm
Tinder Bloom Studio

OMG!! I haven't been online enough to look at this board and this is what I see! I think all that needed to be said has and it's just getting totally obnoxious. People are not jumping on any "newbies" for stating their opinion. People whom have had a good experience with ABR are just letting it be known they have had a good experience!

" Originally Posted by FairyVerre View Post
Good for you .... I'm sure you get discounts and extras since your so well known and place such big orders too. Get real ....."

And that is ridiculous! Sheez people give it up and move on...

I'm done.

Old 2009-01-02, 8:21am
Frog Queen

Default ABR

Our group in Dayton does business with ABR regularly and I probably order from Ross once a month on my own.
Yes sometimes an order gets charged wrong but I have had less problems with Ross than any other vendor I deal with.
Ross was ill earlier this holiday period and I know his guys have had to take a little more responsibility - Try e mailing Ross and I am sure it will get resolved.

Bridget Beck

A Store with Tools you didn't know you needed!
Old 2009-01-02, 6:24pm

Quote:
Don't we all give our "regular" bead customers perks? An extra bead here, free shipping on something, give a better price on something?

Everyone does that. It's part of business.
That isn't something I've experienced other than you having sent me glass once and another artist. And recent secret santa gifts.

I've never gotten anything 'extra' and I have been a regular customer several places. I have always gotten just what the pricing schedule or sale says. In fact I've been over charged on shipping.

That is why I get the feeling 'some' get one sort of treatment others another, at many places. Not an ABR specific comment, because I do think it comes into play. I know many say it bothers them, so I must not be alone in the no perks area.
Old 2009-01-02, 6:38pm

Quote:
Oh. My. God.

I would hope this thread and any like it would better help vendors as much as the one started about what makes great customer service.

If someone reads these threads they might see things that could change. I agree, feeling like new customers or small customers are looked upon as possibly less honest than others bothers me. And it isn't an assumption that they are, because it was posted by the owner.

I've posted I've had this company go above and beyond when I needed to cancel a spot in a class. I wrote saying I needed to cancel and they offered to let me keep my seat (class wasn't full) past the cut off date just in case. That was above and beyond in my opinion and I had hoped to be able to make it. I still had to cancel but I was given an extended hope. (Or I would have cancelled before the posted date and either way had my refund.)

But I've also had issues. Once I almost got boro instead of the double purple soft glass I wanted. Out of stock items which shouldn't have been an issue but I said at the time of ordering I was trying to maximize my shipping dollar. I was assured there was plenty of available glass. Then it was out of stock. So I paid my shipping for a smaller order than I intended and then they called to tell me the glass I had on order was in. I order as locally as possible because shipping is a big thing of mine. Cost and the resources used. I hate using extra boxes and trips from UPS. They don't go down my road every day, so it isn't just one more stop. I won't order again until I have a big enough order than 1/2 of it being out of stock.

But I am bummed to know when I do I will be an occasional customer with probably still 'small' orders compared to the 'regular' customers, so I will still seem suspicious.
Old 2009-01-02, 6:42pm

I don't look for perks... I just want good, consistent service, clean, well packaged, unbroken glass, and good communication.

I place a small order with a company to see how they do in all aspects. ABR did well on their first order, plus the Vetro dark ivory contained some translucent rods.
So I placed a second order, had two concerns as were already mentioned earlier in the thread, and both were taken care of promptly and with good communication - broken glass was replaced promptly, and the cutting fee was explained and stated on their site.

I have no current personal problem with ABR, and would shop as I would with anyone else - if they have a good price on something I like or would need. I do try to consolidate orders for less shipping, and I shop around for better pricing. It's not a judgement call on any vendor, I just like to get more for my money - who doesn't?

The answers about small orders and new customers are disappointing, but my experience was good... Unfortunately, Lyn's experience was at the same time, we were chatting online since we had placed orders at the same time. I had broken glass due to UPS dropkicking the package (seriously, I'm amazed not all of it was shattered) and it was replaced promptly and accurately. I assured her that my experience was good and ABR would also take care of her, and I'm disappointed that the customer service was not consistent. I used a general email link to contact someone - I think the same one that confirmed my order - and got a reponse within 24 hours, as well as a phone call checking on the condition of the package and a few other questions.

I don't think I'm a "big name" beadmaker who they have any need to favor, and I'm happy other beadmakers have had good experiences with them, I wish it were everyone as I hate to see any glass vendors do poorly.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon

Last edited by NLC Beads; 2009-01-02 at 7:27pm. Reason: Clarification.
Old 2009-01-05, 3:58am

I didn't want to react first but I feel I have to now.
I ordered some glass with ABR on December 7th because of the discount they were offering. That way shipping would be more or less covered for me and thus it would be interesting to order with them.
I payed the full amount through paypal on December 7, but upto now I still haven't received my refund.
I've been sending them emails (also using the email address which was given here) but I am only receiving their newsletters and no one seems to bother to send me an answer about the refund.
Calling them is an option of course, but very expensive for me.
I hope someone of ABR will be reading my posting here and will take the effort of sending me an answer.
Maybe I'm just impatient but all I want is an email back explaining me how and when the refund will be made.
For me this was a trial order and I really love all the articles they sell but I'm a little bit reluctant now to place any further orders...
Old 2009-01-05, 6:22am
Cherine Perrin Glass

I am sorry that some of your feel you are not getting the service you have expected.
There is a toll-free # on their site(starts with 866). Someone is always there during business hours to answer your questions/concerns.

Signed,
~ Loyal ABR Customer

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2009-01-05, 6:39am

I'm not sure, but I suspect that "toll free" only works if you're in the USA.

Old 2009-01-05, 8:33am

we did not get your email nor do we know who you are

try this email!!!

Old 2009-01-05, 8:34am

did shipping overseas eat your refund? just speculating

Old 2009-01-05, 2:17pm

Quote:
we did not get your email nor do we know who you are

try this email!!!

I used that email address as well as the contact button on your website.
I also gave you the name I use on LE.
Perhaps the overseas shipping did eat my refund but a simple reply with a little explanation would have been enough.
I'm not cross with anyone, I was just looking for a way to get in touch with you and apparently I did succeed....
The package was delivered today and I must say that it was packed very well, all the rods arrived in one piece
(I've seen worse with shipments within the Netherlands! ).
Old 2009-01-05, 2:23pm

i responded as soon as i read the post, and did not get your previous emails!!
thanks
ross

Old 2009-01-05, 2:35pm
Did someone say SALE?

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, and I know from having my own business that you can never make everyone happy all the time, but I just placed an order with them, and they are super-busy today, but still took the time to correspond with me on my questions, which was nice, even though I am not a big buyer (thanks Cody!).

I am glad that they are doing well. Ross has put his heart and soul into building up his business, and I hope they continue to do well. It is nice to have a well-stocked glass supplier in the Midwest.
Old 2009-01-05, 7:42pm

Default ABR

I think I am one of the lucky ones. Ross is just a 20 minute drive for me. My sister Jul and I drive up there, walk right in and always get great treatment from Ross, Dave, Cody and all. I run a small shop compared to Ross and sometimes I am very overwhelmed. I cant imagine caring for his customer base. He has all my respect. jack
Old 2009-01-12, 10:24am
Who me?

I just got a refund from ABR for an item that I just put in the mail - they have not recieved the returned item yet and they refunded me the price - how nice is that? Awesome!
Old 2009-01-12, 12:18pm
Lampworkaholic!

I'm going to add my support for ABR here. I have had nothing but good service. And I'm an unknown beadmaker with with less than a year of lampwork behind me.

*Someone always answers the phone or returns calls promptly.
*Nothing they have for sale on their website has been back-ordered.
*They have never sent me and charged me for a lb. of glass when I ordered 1/4 lb., and when I called, asked me to return the glass to get the refund.
*I have never been charged more than $7 for shipping an item weighing 1.3 oz.
*I never had the experience of ordering something that went on sale a day later and when I called, the vendor refused to honor the sale price.

I mention these things because they have all happened with other vendors. I think these vendors are making a mistake because they risk alienating potential loyal customers.

It is my choice whether to do business with these vendors again or not. I'm not going to cut my nose to spite my face, so if one of those vendors has a great sale, I won't bypass it.

I also think any vendor deserves a second chance. Offering to make it up on the next order seems reasonable in this economy, when profit margins are slim and it helps keep prices down for all of us. Offering to make it up and maybe throw a little extra in would be classy. As long as the credit doesn't expire, I would just wait until the next tempting sale comes along.

All that said, every time we post here this thread goes back up on top of the list, so maybe it's time to put it to bed.

Liz

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox

Last edited by Elizabeth Beads; 2009-01-12 at 12:26pm.
Old 2009-01-12, 6:45pm

Default Mike Frantz Agrees

Quote:
I'm going to add my support for ABR here. I have had nothing but good service. And I'm an unknown beadmaker with with less than a year of lampwork behind me.

*Someone always answers the phone or returns calls promptly.
*Nothing they have for sale on their website has been back-ordered.
*They have never sent me and charged me for a lb. of glass when I ordered 1/4 lb., and when I called, asked me to return the glass to get the refund.
*I have never been charged more than $7 for shipping an item weighing 1.3 oz.
*I never had the experience of ordering something that went on sale a day later and when I called, the vendor refused to honor the sale price.

I mention these things because they have all happened with other vendors. I think these vendors are making a mistake because they risk alienating potential loyal customers.

It is my choice whether to do business with these vendors again or not. I'm not going to cut my nose to spite my face, so if one of those vendors has a great sale, I won't bypass it.

I also think any vendor deserves a second chance. Offering to make it up on the next order seems reasonable in this economy, when profit margins are slim and it helps keep prices down for all of us. Offering to make it up and maybe throw a little extra in would be classy. As long as the credit doesn't expire, I would just wait until the next tempting sale comes along.

All that said, every time we post here this thread goes back up on top of the list, so maybe it's time to put it to bed.

Liz
Why not just start a new thread titled "why I love ABR". Each time I see a new post I cringe thinking it is a bashing!

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2009-01-12, 6:51pm

I think because people would rather try to INVALIDATE those who have a BAD experience, rather than simply start their OWN THREAD saying that THEY had a good experience. It's more "fun" to bash (however indirectly) those who had a legitimate bad experience for "not trying again" or to try & make them feel guilty (not gonna work) for not being willing to throw MORE money at a company that has lost their good-will.

What they don't realize is it just reminds those of us with the *bad* experiences, of just how AGGRIVATED we were--instead of letting the thread drop quietly out of sight!

Old 2009-01-12, 8:57pm

OMG. I would send you $60 to close this thread so we can all go torch in peace.

Last edited by LampworkbyLori; 2009-01-13 at 6:55am.