No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-04-24, 8:21pm
passionate about pets

Default kronos....i just don't get it.

I have been working with some silver glass now for a short while. I have amy's storming tut and i love it. Most of my silver glass i understand but for the life of me iI cannot get Kronos to work for me.

What kind of colors are you getting with Kronos?

This is the only bead i have done (amy's storm technique) that turn out ok. The bead looks better in person compared to my picture. at least i got some color out of it.

show me some beads and if you can explain just how you made the bead that would be helpful too....base color, reduced / strike...etc

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-04-25, 9:56am
Storm Queen

Wow! I think those are really pretty! Personally I purchased Kronos when it first came out and then never did again. I just wasn't a fan back then. Because of that I've never even tried storming it and my leftover rods are probably buried in my mess of a garage somewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-04-25, 10:17am
Dangerous Woman

For me Kronos = baby poop.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2010-04-25, 11:17am
In search of her path....

kronos is pretty if used under other silver colors
like do a clear base then some kronos then some stringers of gaia over the kronos I wouldnt encase it though...but you get some nice reactions between the different colors ...

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2010-04-25, 12:43pm
passionate about pets

Amy - Thank you...it does have way more dimension in person because of your storming technique. and I believe I used a base of Hades and then encase with i think crystal clear. I like your storm technique also but i prefer to make a whole bead out of it I don;t think I get the same amount of depth as you do with your dots but i will keep trying. I just like to make big beads and i have to work on my encasing.

Nancy - do you have any pictures of these poop beads??

IF-Designs - it is funny you should say that....LOL i started using it under my TN- 331 rods from DH and my colors are awesome...lol so i guess i am using it ok. I still hate my Echo (i still have 1 rod original and 4 .5 rods new batch) but maybe if i try Kronos under it maybe i could get some color from it.

*StOrM*

Old 2010-04-25, 2:02pm
Dangerous Woman

I haven't worked with fronos for a couple of years. I'm not even sure where the beads are let alone pictures of them! Sorry. They really didn't look good at all so you are really not missing anything.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2010-04-25, 2:15pm

These both have Kronos. I'm thinking it's the original though, since they were made awhile ago. The first one is on Hades with gold leaf, and the second is just Kronos on dark ivory. I'm on a HH, so anything that reduces easily gets my vote. I'll keep looking to see if I have any pix with newer Kronos.

If anyone wants any original Kronos taken off your hands, please let me know. I have a couple pounds of Aether seconds that I'm not totally in love with!

Old 2010-04-25, 6:02pm
passionate about pets

Thanks!

*StOrM*

Old 2010-04-25, 9:40pm
Formerly FishBulb

I love Kronos! I get variants of blue from it, and if it overstrikes it just goes to a light greenish/teal. It also reduces somewhat and gets a nice shine. I work with a very low oxidizing flame so maybe that's why I have good luck with it, I dunno....

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-04-26, 9:09am
passionate about pets

I will also have to try that too Thanks Angie

*StOrM*

Old 2010-04-26, 9:44am
T.J. made me do it

Top pic is Kronos with a wee bit of Taxco on top and then I beat the snot out of it in the hottest flame I could and encased in Aether. Second pic is over ivory and reduced and struck until I got a variety of blues.

Old 2010-04-26, 9:54am
Glassy Broad :-)

I haven't any photos, but it's yummy when used as stringer decoration over Dark Ivory.
I can get nice metallic sheen with minimum effort.
I love the way it can go almost purple sometimes too.
I have less than 2" left so I make lots of stringers, LOL!
It was one of the first silver glasses I ever bought, and then I was still on the HH, could gets lots of blues/greens with it.
Hugs
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-04-26, 7:19pm
passionate about pets

Julie - Love Love Love the first bead....i have no clue what taxco is but i will do some research. That bead looks awesome. and i really like the ivory ones too...... I might have to play around with that next weekend.

Nita - i would love to see them when you have time to post

*StOrM*