No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-01-04, 5:05pm
Fire-Retarded

Default Oxygen Ooomph!

Okay, so I'm not getting all the ooomph that I would like out of my oxygen concentrator running with my Bobcat. I just can't get raku to pop, for one.

I was thinking of having a seconardy hook up with an oxygen tank and regulator that I could switch to when I wanted that extra oxygen kick. So tell me I'm crazy . . . tell me you think it's not a bad idea . . . shoot me out of the clouds with sound reasoning . . . or maybe it's not a bad idea to switch back and forth from the bottle to the concentrator???

I thought about getting another concentrator, but man! Have you seen the prices lately!! I didn't pay $325 for the concentrator I have now!! OUCH!!! Your thoughts and comments are appreciated!

Thanks,
Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-01-04, 5:58pm
Glassy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarlander
Okay, so I'm not getting all the ooomph that I would like out of my oxygen concentrator running with my Bobcat. I just can't get raku to pop, for one.

I was thinking of having a seconardy hook up with an oxygen tank and regulator that I could switch to when I wanted that extra oxygen kick. So tell me I'm crazy . . . tell me you think it's not a bad idea . . . shoot me out of the clouds with sound reasoning . . . or maybe it's not a bad idea to switch back and forth from the bottle to the concentrator???

I thought about getting another concentrator, but man! Have you seen the prices lately!! I didn't pay $325 for the concentrator I have now!! OUCH!!! Your thoughts and comments are appreciated!

Thanks,
Karen
I have 3 concentrators. I usually run 2 for soft glass and 3 for boro. I use a Lynx. I can get raku to strike very nicely.

I think in the long run oxygen concentrators are much less expesive than tanked oxygen. I was using 2 or 3 large tanks per week and it was starting to add up. Now I get my oxygen for free.

Of course, it all depends on how much you use, it might work for you.

BHB/PANDORA EXCHANGE IN THE PATIO
Old 2006-01-06, 3:26pm
Fire-Retarded

Thanks, Alex. I wasn't sure how much oxygen you go through. Obviously more than propane. I'm still thinking . . . Cheap me hates to spend that much on a concentrator!!! I'll just have to start saving.

Karen