Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-12-14, 6:07pm
Favorite color is shiny

Default Question from a newbie..ANSWERED. thanx

I have approx 20 different colors of Northstar shorts sitting in front of me. I have no idea what each color will do. I looked at the Northstar site and their example pics really don't show the rod that well. I hate it because I don't know if this white...is Star white or is it Extra light yellow, is this blue rod Irrid or light cobalt? I just don't know. Whats the best way to test these colors without waste. Yes yes... I'm THIS new... first timer.

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---> LE

Last edited by Seasoned Soul; 2010-12-14 at 7:02pm.
Old 2010-12-14, 6:27pm
Borovangelist

Ya pays yer money, ya place yer bets

That's the trouble with the bag of shorts, you wind up finding a color you love and have no idea what it is. I had that problem too, and still haven't figured out what that lovely ice blue color I loved was.

Your best bet's to just heat up the tip the flame and pull it off to bench cool and see what it looks like. Just try it in each different kind of flame, and you'll learn a lot about what they do, plus get some idea of what it might be.

|
|
Old 2010-12-14, 6:32pm
Favorite color is shiny

Thank you sooo much Tom, for replying. it made me giggle and I needed that just as much. Whew*

I happened to read the post, a few, below mine, "Why Boro *$#@^& sucks....
and realized that yes, I was going to have to pull to at least see if the black rod was indeed black...hahaha

Again, thanks for the reply

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE
Old 2010-12-14, 8:24pm

pm me your address and I will send you a NS chart it show the rod and the color