LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-10-27, 2:42pm

Another fantastic tutorial, Jewlie!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-10-28, 6:47am

Thank you Kim!

My Facebook
Old 2009-10-28, 7:00am
koregon

wondering if I could make one of these....I am not good at written instruction...but man am I tempted...been waiting to see if you put any more up for sale, the fibula's that is...I would probably mess up the tut.

Old 2009-10-28, 7:39am
Etched Metal Rocks...

Her tutorials have tons of great step by step pictures.

Old 2009-10-28, 7:54am

I Love Jewlies Tuts. They have step by step instructions, easy to follow and great pictures too. That helps, when you are a visual person like I am.
You cann't go wrong on any of her tuts. Love them!!!
Thanks Jewlie for sharing your knowledge and taking the time to do the tuts.
Janet
Old 2009-10-28, 5:11pm

Thank you all so much!

My Facebook
Old 2009-10-29, 4:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye View Post
wondering if I could make one of these....I am not good at written instruction...but man am I tempted...been waiting to see if you put any more up for sale, the fibula's that is...I would probably mess up the tut.
With Julie's instructions this tutorial is a breeze. I whizzed right thru my first one, now I'm plodding along making a scarf

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2009-10-29, 5:05am

I agree, this tutorial is fantastic! One thing Jewlie forgot to mention though, making these is addictive Since I don't knit, well, I can, it's a time thing, I'm ordering one from a friend of mine who makes gorgeous scarves (lodestarwovens on Etsy)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgg112 View Post
With Julie's instructions this tutorial is a breeze. I whizzed right thru my first one, now I'm plodding along making a scarf

Old 2009-10-29, 8:26am
koregon

ok, bought it...gonna give it a try since I have plenty of scarves I have finished

Old 2009-10-29, 9:55am

Quote:
ok, bought it...gonna give it a try since I have plenty of scarves I have finished
you're going to love it Kaye!!!!! And Kim's right it's so addicting!!
I bought this gorgeous rainbow boucle yarn at Joanns the other day and started this scarf the only problem is it's very very thin so it's taking forever. It's beautiful and soooooooooooooooooooooooooo soft but knit purl knit purl. I think I'm up to about 2 ft but it's so thin I'm thinking it's going to have to go around your neck twice to do any good! lol going to try doubleing it on the next one.

Old 2009-10-29, 2:57pm

OK im gonna have to get this one too but is there any instructions on how to antique it or how to use liver of sulpher? I have some but am afraid to use it from all the warnings on the jar. Do you need to use a respirator with it or just not stick your face up to the liqid? I plan to use rubber gloves and a mini crock pot (I understand it needs to be warm??) so wont be making up too much of it. How long do you keep it in the solution and then do you just neutralize with water?? Have read so much on it and so many of the instructions are conradictory and then read the label on the container and thought uhh dont knwo about that LOL.. No kids to worry about and live alone so wont be killing anyone that may not knwo what it is LOL.

Robyn

Old 2009-10-29, 3:05pm

OMG breathe breathe breathe......... there all gone................................

ok i'll have to wait till more are posted

robyn

Last edited by Byrdbeads; 2009-10-29 at 3:07pm. Reason: well that was fast LMAO there more now LOL
Old 2009-10-29, 3:23pm

LMAO ok, so the not there thing scared me so had to get 2 others too LMAO

Now off to keep hitting "check emails" LAMO

Old 2009-11-03, 11:10am

yes .. addictive, Jewlie calls it a Pin-a-demic !

I posted this pic in Jewelry, but thought I should show here too. These are the first of many I've made and are already selling down at the Gallery !

Thanks Jewlie for an awesome Tut !! now when is your next one ??!! LOL
Attached Images

~~

Old 2009-11-03, 11:58am
Happy Beadmaker!

Robyn: Re: LOS, it's really not that bad to use. Hot tap water is all you need to dissolve a small chunk (again that's all you need for several pieces). No noxious fumes per se, although a odor like sulfur/rotten eggs to a minor degree. The piece will turn almost immediately whereon I take it out of solution and dunk it in solution of baking soda & water to stop the oxidation. Then either tumble or scour with steel wool and rinse in water. Dry completely and then I seal entire piece with Renaissance wax (seals surface and preserves your hard work antiquing the piece!!)

Voile!!! Easy process.

HTH,
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2009-11-03, 3:48pm
koregon

here is my first try....all I have to do is antique it...going to wait to do that when I have another one or two made and do them at the same time. It was very well written instructions now that I have made one, I think the wire wrapping will go much easier and sharper/nice the next one

Old 2009-11-03, 3:50pm
koregon

Julie or anyone who knows...does liver of sulfer hurt pearls?? hope not, but if so, will just re-do the dangle I guess. also raku beads does it hurt them/since there is silver content of sort in the raku/as with silvered ivory? any of those have any issues with liver of sulfer at the end of it all?

Old 2009-11-04, 6:41am

I'm not sure if it hurts pearls or not. You can always oxidize the wire before wrapping just to be safe. I have used it on beads with silver glass and it doesn't seem to bother them any. That is one beautiful fibula! I love the bead you used also. WOW!
Lorraine, I love your fibulas too! Keep posting those pics! I'm so happy its working out for eveyone! I'm crocheting a scarf! I can't knit but always love crocheting until I started lampworking and wire wrappping 3 years ago. Now I have a good excuse to do it again too.

My Facebook
Old 2009-11-05, 4:54am

That is gorgeous, Kaye!!

Old 2009-11-09, 10:20am
Just Plain

Lysa, Lorraine, Kaye - absolutely gorgeous!

Julie, I ordered your fibula tut last week and got all the ingredients before I went in for surgery. I should be getting out of the hospital in a day or so, and can't wait to try my hand at the fibulas! I'm really new to wireworking, but will have lots of time to practice. Thanks for a great tut!

Old 2009-11-09, 7:27pm
put a bird on it

Got mine finished up last night - love it! Julie, you did such a good job on this tut...it really covers a bunch of different skills.... a lot of learning for a great price!

Now to find the perfect bead....

elise

Last edited by Bobeche; 2009-11-09 at 8:05pm.
Old 2009-11-10, 6:39am

Quote:
here is my first try....all I have to do is antique it...going to wait to do that when I have another one or two made and do them at the same time. It was very well written instructions now that I have made one, I think the wire wrapping will go much easier and sharper/nice the next one
geez Kaye that's gorgeous!! Can't believe you were hesitant to try it, you're a natural!!! And of course your beads are always drop dead gorgeous!!!
Unfortunately, I'm addicted too! All I'm doing is making beads for fibulas and knitting scarves for fibulas and I even broke down and bought a knitting machine so I can knit faster!!!! It's all that Julie's fault!!! LOL

Old 2009-11-10, 8:07am
Valparaíso - Chile

gorgeous pin!!! I love copper, I love your works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewlie beads View Post
I just finished and listed it on Etsy! Thanks for looking!

@cristallo_perle
Old 2009-11-10, 8:56am

Elise, your fibula is beautiful! Great Job! I think picking out the perfect bead is the hardest part.

Thats funny Debbie! I just got a glass order and I have been making beads for fibulas. I decided to crochet a scarf while I was waiting for my glass and I have'nt crocheted in a long time. I don't know how to knit but I recall having a machine as a child and it was called "Knit Magic". I think my mom still has it in her attic. It was yellow and red I think and you just wrap the yarn around it and turn the crank. It would make a knitted tube and I always made little mice with my tubes.

Jayne, I hope your surgery went well! Just sit back, take it easy, and make fibulas. Oh! Don't forget to post pics of them also!

Thank you all for the compliments!

My Facebook
Old 2009-11-10, 9:22am

[quote=jewlie beads;2743421]

Thats funny Debbie! I just got a glass order and I have been making beads for fibulas. I decided to crochet a scarf while I was waiting for my glass and I have'nt crocheted in a long time. I don't know how to knit but I recall having a machine as a child and it was called "Knit Magic". I think my mom still has it in her attic. It was yellow and red I think and you just wrap the yarn around it and turn the crank. It would make a knitted tube and I always made little mice with my tubes.

This one I bought is a "sweater machine" haha we'll see!!!! Now if I can quit buying yarn. Lisa has some gorgeous stuff in the garage at a great price and I'd really appreciate it if someone else would go buy it before I have to!!!!!

Old 2009-11-10, 1:30pm
koregon

here is my second, might leave it the bright shiney....I am going to try one with colored 28 gauge colored wire and 22...I bought some to play with
I'll show that when I am done if it turns out ok.

Old 2009-11-10, 1:42pm

I like it even more when you put it in the scarf or sweater. sweet!!

Old 2009-11-10, 2:27pm

Wow, you guys. Those are gorgeous!!!

Old 2009-11-10, 4:23pm

Ooooooh! Kaye I love it! Its beautiful! It really POPS on that red scarf!

Oh Debbie, I should have mentioned that my machine was a toy. The last time I seen it, it still worked. I would love to find it and give it to a creative little girl. Of course this toy would be around 30 something years old.

My Facebook
Old 2009-11-10, 4:28pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewlie beads View Post
Ooooooh! Kaye I love it! Its beautiful! It really POPS on that red scarf!

Oh Debbie, I should have mentioned that my machine was a toy. The last time I seen it, it still worked. I would love to find it and give it to a creative little girl. Of course this toy would be around 30 something years old.

I think I may need one!! They knit tubes right? I saw this deal the other day about that's the new thing. these scarves that are knit in a tube and then connected into one long continuous tube. You drape it around your neck and secure it with a PIN!!!! LOL