Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-09-04, 12:05pm
Pyromaniac

Default Loki's Lipstick is my new Favorite Color

Started working with Loki's Lipstick while I am patiently waiting for the Serendipity cane from Brent (it's not late, I just can't wait to get it)!

I have been working with Loki's Lipstick all day today and I literally started hyperventilating when I thought I had gone through my last rod! Then I found 2 more rods and calmed down enough to make a couple more pieces. This is such an amazing cane; I cannot believe the color possibilities. I love it so much more than amber purple. It is absolutely my favorite color in a long long time. If the pieces I made look as good coming out of the kiln as they did going in, I will be a very happy girl.

People should be going crazy over this color. What kind of results have you all gotten?

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-04, 12:11pm
Glass Junkie

I got some but haven't used it yet. Just got off a 14hr shift, but now I'm wanting to play with this color. Can't wait to see pics! I'm new to boro so everything is exciting....lol
Old 2009-09-04, 12:22pm
Pyromaniac

You will love it. Try it on different bases, over clear, white, black and any others that might come to mind. I'll post some pics when the kiln cools.

Old 2009-09-04, 12:41pm
Pyromaniac

These are older pieces but I will post the ones I did today later.

The Pink twistie is Loki's with ELY:

Solid Loki's Lipstick:

Loki's over Clear:

Loki's over Red:

Old 2009-09-04, 4:38pm

Lana, your work is incredibly inspiring! I have only gotten a light peach color but I know I need to ramp up the kiln higher. Still need to try that. But I really like your idea of using it over another color. AP is VERY easy compared to LOKI, IMHO. Please keep sharing your work

Last edited by Rose; 2009-09-04 at 4:42pm.
Old 2009-09-04, 5:19pm
Hello?

I agree Lokis is an awesome color.

This is a Lokis swizzle stick

Old 2009-09-04, 6:12pm

Hi, Those pictures show lovely color, but I can't get my Lori's lipstick to produce anything like those, mine only goes light peach. I know it likes being worked hot, but how did you guys get such beauties. I kiln anneal at 1067 f. Looking foreward to your advice. Thanks, Cynthia in Australia
Old 2009-09-04, 7:26pm

I tried to order some, but it was out of stock.

LOVELY pictures everyone!
Old 2009-09-04, 8:33pm
Young at Heart

Hi! I'm just a newbie to boro but Loki is one of my favorite colors. It's always been easy for me - who knows why.......................

Loki with a thin line of blue raked in

Loki with Momka's Blue Treasure swirled in

Joanna ........
Etsy Shop

Boro Ho, Nortel Midrange, 2 Tanks of Oxygen
, A Chillipepper,Nikon D40 and the 2 Cats!
Old 2009-09-05, 10:03am
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrakat123 View Post
Hi, Those pictures show lovely color, but I can't get my Lori's lipstick to produce anything like those, mine only goes light peach. I know it likes being worked hot, but how did you guys get such beauties. I kiln anneal at 1067 f. Looking foreward to your advice. Thanks, Cynthia in Australia
Yeah working hot is a good thing, keeping it there for a while, and I have a strike time in the kiln higher than normal annealing for silver colors -- 1125 F in my kiln for an hour. Try something like that and also try flame striking before you kiln strike, and not flame striking before kiln striking and see which you like better.

Joe, I love the purple around the clear dots! Gorgeous color everyone, and it looks like people get different results.
This one is Loki's over Black:

Loki's over White:

Last edited by ginkgoglass; 2009-09-05 at 10:09am.
Old 2009-09-05, 10:32am
Hello?

Thanks Lana. I love that loki over red heart, very pretty.

Here's another, a marble swizzle stick I forget what the base color was on this one.

Old 2009-09-05, 11:31am

I got a lb of the Late night Disco at the Flame off. They said its like Lotis Lipstick only a little darker. I wanted to try it and a couple of their exp colors peach Purple and Double Peach purple. Eugene Glass School might have some left to sell'
We have Lotis Lipstick in stock on our website.
www.trevsglass.com

Last edited by sunray; 2009-09-05 at 11:32am. Reason: add a note
Old 2009-09-05, 11:41am
Borovangelist

Hmm...I forgot I had loki on my rack. I should dig it out

|
|
Old 2009-09-05, 1:19pm
Hello?

Get it out and play Tom!

Old 2009-09-09, 11:41pm

The only color I have gotten out of solid loki is a dark dark purple Gorgeous work guys!
Old 2009-09-10, 8:44am

Another Loki lover here. Lots o' Loki in this one:

Old 2009-09-10, 9:49am
Hello?

Thats really neat Samma!

Old 2009-09-10, 9:51am

Thanks, Joe ;-DDD

Old 2009-09-10, 8:59pm
Young at Heart

OOOOOH!

Samma - that is one gorgeous heart! THanks for sharing!

Joanna ........
Etsy Shop

Boro Ho, Nortel Midrange, 2 Tanks of Oxygen
, A Chillipepper,Nikon D40 and the 2 Cats!
Old 2009-09-11, 4:21am
boro color bender

Gorgeous stuff everybody!

I've played with it a bit, but not much... will definitely explore it some more after seeing your results. Mine always looked like Amber Purple... I'm seeing more greens and such in yours... very nice indeed.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-09-11, 6:06am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Absolutely beautiful guys! I am wondering if I have some. I have alot of unmarked rods. I'll have to go to the venders to see what the rod looks like.
Old 2009-09-15, 2:59pm
Pyromaniac

More Loki's Lipstick Pics. Woooooooo!!

Loki's is the tip, dots, and a little in the green twistie:

Loki over clear:

Loki over Elvis:

Last edited by ginkgoglass; 2009-09-15 at 3:31pm.
Old 2009-09-16, 4:07pm

Wow these are some great art with the loki's. I think this is one of the best AP type color ever produced. We have bundled up all the know how over the last 20 years about the AP type colors and this is what we came up with.
Abe
Old 2009-09-21, 10:13am
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Last week I made my first ever ebay posting to list a set of 8 beads to sell. They sold. They were loki's lipstick rolled in small clear frit!

Old 2009-09-25, 1:10pm
Pyromaniac

Congratulations! I'd love to see a pic of those!
Samma that heart is sooooo cool. I love the ghostly quality of the implosion.

Old 2009-09-25, 1:23pm

ohhhhhh....... I think I have one rod ... gonna try it this weekend