TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2016-01-12, 9:09am

Question Tanked Oxygen

I recently switched from using an Oxycon to tanked oxygen, I use to use tanked oxygen many years ago but don't recall going through the oxygen so fast. I'm hardly making any beads and the tank is empty. I shut the valves off after each use, I don't leave the flame running when I'm not at the torch so i don't understand why it's depleting so quickly. I don't recall the pressure that I have it set at at the moment but I'm wondering could that be the problem? Am I burning off more oxygen then I need to? What should my pressure be set at?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2016-01-12, 2:22pm

Do you open the oxygen tank valves all the way? If they are in an intermediate position, you may get leakage past the valve stems. If the valves are open all the way, there is a back seat to prevent leakage.
Old 2016-01-12, 4:56pm
Phill

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Anza Art Glass Club View Post
Do you open the oxygen tank valves all the way? If they are in an intermediate position, you may get leakage past the valve stems. If the valves are open all the way, there is a back seat to prevent leakage.
This ^^.

And make sure to do the bubble test on each delivered tank at both ends of open and closed to make sure you don't windup with a tank that has been abused but has not been taken out of service by the supplier.

Welding shops where most tanks get used are not known for being clean work places.

Also don't forget to crack the valve before putting your regulator on to blow out anything in the area where the regulator seats.
Old 2016-01-12, 7:57pm
honorary bead lady

What torch? What tank
K tank is 249 cuft =7050.89 liters
7050/10lpm=705
705/60=11.75 hrs

Last edited by houptdavid; 2016-01-12 at 8:01pm.
Old 2016-01-12, 8:10pm

Ok,thanks guys!