Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-03-18, 7:32am

Default Re-Kilning Light Blue Amber Purple?

I made this pendant yesterday, and I like the way the color looks on the one side. The colors on the other side are still more amber than I like. Can I put this back in the kiln for another 30-60 minutes without it ruining the good side? Do any of you re-kiln your Light Blue Amber Purple. I did get it all white hot, and transparent while I was imploding it.

Thanks,

Eric
Attached Images

Old 2006-03-18, 9:15am
boro color bender

You can always try... I haven't used much light blue amber purple. The worst that can happen is that you like it less than you do now...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-03-18, 9:52am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
You can always try... I haven't used much light blue amber purple. The worst that can happen is that you like it less than you do now...
That is why you sold it to me, right?

Eric
Old 2006-03-21, 9:09am
Old enough to know better

Eric - give it a try! I haven't re-kilned anything yet, but I'd be more than willing for you to be the guinea pig... Seriously though, I also bought some of this glass, although not from Smiley (how do you buy glass from Smiley? Other than by getting his pendants, I mean) so I'd be interested in hearing if you decide to try it.

All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-03-21, 3:58pm
boro color bender

I have used them all, but I've used a metric ton of the regular. How did it come out after you bumped up the temp a bit?

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-03-21, 5:41pm

No luck with the re-kilning of the light blue amber purple. I think the back of the pendant (which I will now tell everyone is the front ) was already fully struck. The other side, I think, is a case of not getting the amber purple hot enough before I started to implode it. So, in the future I am going to nuke the heck out of each level that I implode. I think the pendant had 3 levels of implosion, and the first was the biggest dots that I know I didn't get near as hot as the last ones.

Eric
Old 2006-03-21, 6:02pm
boro color bender

Some times the reverse side looks awesome... your secret is safe with me. There is definitely something to the nuke it attitude with amber purples. I cook mine hot hot hot and try to keep it there until it's time to strike.