Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2015-03-26, 8:52am

Default Donation Bead Newb Questions

Good Morning,
I've read everything I could about donation guidelines but still have a couple questions.

1) No reduction glass, understandable & understood.
What about encased Goldstone?

2) I've seen bumpy beads in the plastic "kits" that seem really consistent and I understand these are given for mobility issues.
Is there a different use or difference between bumpy mobility related beads and bumpy artisan milestone beads?

3) We love the idea of Carry a bead.
Are the sets made specific for an event or does BOC take matching pairs to use for this program?

These questions are so we (me and my wife) can make the best contribution we can to the program and to the kids.
Since we're relatively new to lampworking, we've only sent one box but when I saw they were out of beads we felt bad for slacking and this weekend belongs to BOC.

Thank you and thank you Beads of Courage for both what you do and allowing us to have an easy justification for a hobby we love.
-Jim
Old 2015-03-26, 10:00am

They need to be made on larger 3/32 mandrels
I guess goldstone is oK if encased.
I usually just made robots, smilies etc with crayon colors.
Bumpy, just made sure they are securily melted on the bead. I do put feet on some of my robots but mash them up a bit and make sure they are melted on really well.
I don't know about 3
Old 2015-03-31, 7:58am
Lampworkaholic!

In answer to number 3, some carry-a-bead pairs are made for specific events, such as in team colors, with a theme, etc.

But BOC can surely use carry-a-bead pair donations. I would string or tie the pairs together and designate them as Carry Beads. They are sold to the public, on the BOC website and at events and conferences.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox