Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-08-06, 8:36pm
Borovangelist

Default ...you might be a boro glass ho.

If you go weak in the knees at the announcement of a 30% off sale for any of your favorite boro manufacturers.....

If you can tell the difference between two nearly identical but different colored rods by the way the sunlight glints off of 'em......

If you can tell the difference between Raven and Onyx without even putting rod to flame.....

....you might be a boro glass ho.

What are yours?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2008-08-06, 8:59pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Here's mine, based on watching Brent work with soft glass
at the last Glass Stock:

"if you're making a bead out of soft glass, and you take it OUT OF
THE FLAME, look at it, think a while....paw around through some
other rods looking for a particular color, and hear voices in the
background saying "OMG - what the hell is he doing...he forgot he's
using soft glass....holy crap....he needs to flash that back in the flame...."

...and then you hear the unmistakable "CLINK" of a bead that has gotten too
cold.

...and then you realize that you're a boro ho.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-08-07, 4:17am
boro color bender

Yeah... I'm a boro ho. How many soft glass "coaches" did I have behind me? Then We had to switch beads with our partner... that was a fun event. I so wish I was able to make it back this year. Give everybody my very best.

You might be a boro ho if the vases in your house all have color rods in them, instead of flowers.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-08-07, 4:18am
boro color bender

oh and most of the pencil holders have a short rod or two as well.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-08-07, 4:49am
Gimme that silver glass!

I went all crazy with a 50% sale on momka glass... I'm a beginning boro ho and an advanced glass ho . No empty vases here anymore .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-07, 6:16am

50% off on Momka?????!!!!!!

That's when you know you're a boro ho. When a statement like that makes you feel dizzy and weak.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-08-07, 6:49am
Gimme that silver glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachertracey View Post
50% off on Momka?????!!!!!!

That's when you know you're a boro ho. When a statement like that makes you feel dizzy and weak.
Yep, but I think it's a bit more expensive here in Holland than in the USA. www.fritenglas.nl (choose Englisch language ).

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-07, 6:53am
In search of her path....

holy crap i havnt been able to torch for over a year now (with exception of visit to a studio here or there) and seeing that 50% off momka made me go weak in the knees and start for the search engine to see if it was still going on! I guess yes I am STILL a boro ho.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-08-07, 7:39am
Borovangelist

Once you go 33 you're never free?

|
|
Old 2008-08-07, 10:06am
Button Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
oh and most of the pencil holders have a short rod or two as well.
Or you dig in your purse for a pen and fish out a glass rod or 2...
Old 2008-08-07, 10:25am
Boro newb

Oh, y'all are amatuers.

Come back when you've donated $1,400 worth of clutter... er... priceless treasures... to get $200 back on your taxes to buy glass... next year LOL!

Yes... I did LOL!!!!!

Mom's silver store...

~Anything you can do I can do... kinda.
Old 2008-08-18, 8:04pm
Mandrel Slayer

I'm your understudy. I sold my 104 COE so I could buy more boro at the Gathering. I still have 90 & 96 as a savings plan.

Bonny
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble_beads View Post
Oh, y'all are amatuers.

Come back when you've donated $1,400 worth of clutter... er... priceless treasures... to get $200 back on your taxes to buy glass... next year LOL!

Yes... I did LOL!!!!!

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-08-19, 4:47am
funny mofo

Or if you spend uncounted hours at the studio -- for which you pay by the hour -- and you don't actually make anything, you just play with your new striking colors to see how they strike. And you play games like the one in which you cut 3 rods of the same color in half and see if you can flame strike them to six different shades. And everyone else around the table is talking about how many beads or pendants or whatever they've made, and you look down and realize that for the same amount of time your output has been a whole bunch of rods with slightly different colors at the ends. And yet you really don't think you've wasted your time.

Last edited by AuntD; 2008-08-19 at 4:50am.
Old 2008-08-19, 5:01am
Pyromaniac

You're a boro ho when you look up at your car and think, "Hmmm, that color is exactly the color of Unobtainium."

You're a boro ho when you are turned on by the thought of liquid oxygen and fantasize about having it!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-08-19, 5:23am
Dead man walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
You're a boro ho when you are turned on by the thought of liquid oxygen and fantasize about having it!
That's the truth!!
Old 2008-08-19, 5:50am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Quote:
You're a boro ho when you look up at your car and think, "Hmmm, that color is exactly the color of Unobtainium."

So true!!!

Old 2008-08-19, 6:41am

Quote:

Never done anything like that....
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-08-19, 6:58am
yukue fumei

Quote:
yeah! One day.....

nagi

Old 2008-08-19, 2:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
yeah! One day.....
Yep, all that and a big 'ol kickass shiny new torch too!

Vanessa
Old 2008-08-19, 4:55pm
Boro Brat

When you collect GTT torches even though you don't have a space for each of them in your studio...

When every schedule in your kiln goes to 1050 or more...

Old 2008-08-19, 5:56pm
yukue fumei

GTT Torches mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

nagi

Old 2008-08-20, 8:21am
traumaqueen

sexiest in glassland

Old 2008-08-20, 11:28am
yukue fumei

Hi Suzanne!!
OMG! Your Etsy store is dangerous!! I LOVE it! All the different styles you have in there and all the selection!! I couldn't resist!!!

nagi

Old 2008-08-21, 1:31am
traumaqueen

Denise how sweet!!!! Thank you ever so much

Old 2008-08-21, 6:22am
Dead man walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyr View Post
When you collect GTT torches even though you don't have a space for each of them in your studio...

When every schedule in your kiln goes to 1050 or more...
ROFL......Lynx, Mirage, Kobuki and a Herbie in a year, oh yeah I'm a Bo Ho...

(Brent at Blue Fire Beads during a demo) "If I had Elvis I could show you all something"
(me - student) "I have it, which one do you want light or dark?" Yeah I'm a bo ho....

Last edited by jjglass; 2008-08-21 at 6:24am.
Old 2008-08-21, 8:42am

"Bo Ho"! That is so funny- I like it!

Vanessa
Old 2008-08-21, 9:06am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjglass View Post
ROFL......Lynx, Mirage, Kobuki and a Herbie in a year, oh yeah I'm a Bo Ho...
That's a serious BoHoHoHoHo!
I want a Kobuki torch tooooooo!!
(I'll be a Boohoooohooohooo until then LOL!!)

nagi

Old 2008-08-21, 10:19am

You might be a boro HO if the HO you thought of had nothing to do with Hostess HO HO's! lol

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-08-21, 10:51am
Dead man walking

If you come to Chicago some day Nagi you're welcome to come over and play. I've got tubing 50mm down to capilary clear up to 30mm and most of the colors from GA, NS and Momka. Got a bunch of frit, powder, dichro, silver, gold....damn i have a lot of sh*t lol

I'm just getting into custom tube pulls.....man I love glass!

Oh yeah I have a lot of Moretti, the artist pack from BE, and a lot of the silver glass including 2 lbs of original Terra....*gasp*

I guess I'm just a Ho lol
Old 2008-08-21, 11:07am
yukue fumei

COOL!
Thanks so much jj! I would definitely love to come over and play one day!

sounds like you have a VERY nice stash of all kinds of glass--2 lbs of OG Terra?!!
gasp is right!!! HELLO! Where is that drooly smiley...here we go...

I think I am just a glass ho too

nagi