Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2013-02-02, 6:51am

Default February Frit Challenge

Thanks again to those of you who are taking part in the January Challenge - I can't wait to see your beads and I know that the kids will love them!

The drawing prize for the February participants is as follows:

A blend sampler pack containing 0.25oz of each of the following:
1. How Do You Love (IMJ-CB-017)
2. Purple Lily (IMJ-CB-037)
3. Just Berried (IMJ-CB-046)
4. Stone Roses (IMJ-CB-047)
5. Muse (IMJ-CB-073)
6. Firebird (IMJ-CB-148 )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-06, 3:51pm
Loving learning

Mine wasn't from the January challenge, but I sent a box out to you today.
I forgot to count them, but they are all med/large if I remember rightly.
I still have some of the frit, so more will come later but I wanted to get these in the mail because I know they're in need.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-02-09, 7:00pm

The boc samples are showing up with prices, is that a mistake?

Old 2013-02-10, 8:55pm

Eileen, I just got your beads! They'te gorgeous & the kids will love them!!!!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-10, 8:57pm

Misty, thanks! That's a definite OOPS on my part! I had to reactivate my site so quickly! Let me go find those and change them!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-10, 8:59pm
Loving learning

I'm glad they got there safely, and thank you again for offering to let us use your frit to make beads for the kids, and try samples of your gorgeous selection for future reference!
Old 2013-02-10, 9:04pm

My pleasure!!!

I figured out what happened with the BOC samples tagging a charge. To have the built-in sale price instead of a link to follow I had to set a real price. I used to set the price to "$0.00" and then add the price to the purchase unit.

I can fix this by just having a separate listing for the BOC Sample.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-11, 8:45am

Would it be Ok if I put in an order and you just add a BOC sample to it? I figured I'd just get one, because it's going to take me a few months to finish off Januarys samples, but as long as I'm ordering frit I may as well get one and save on the shipping.
It's kindof fun to be surprised too!

Old 2013-02-11, 7:17pm

Of course, Misty! I'd be happy to!! Do you have a particular one in mind, or dealer's choice?

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-11, 7:26pm

Definitely dealers choice!

Old 2013-02-11, 8:59pm

Just put in my order, It's for dayna from calgary

Old 2013-02-12, 6:01am

Got it, Hun!!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-12, 6:06am

Default February Participants

Participants in the February BOC Challenge, and therefore those eligible for the February drawing, are as follows so far:

1. Micki Erb (refund comming to you for the pricing snag, Hun!)
2. Dayna DeCnodder

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-12, 8:50am
Got Honey?

I would like to participate please
I just sent off 30 beads to their feel the love challenge but I love making beads for BOC and would love to try some more of your frits!

On the webiste they are all coming up with a price, how do I get the ones for the BOC challenge?

Old 2013-02-13, 6:48pm

Lezlie, I'm working on that glitch - been down for a few days with a respiratory bug. I should have it ironed out in a day or half, but in the meantime, just let me know which ones you'd like to have as samples and I'll pop them in for you.

Misty, I just sent you a refund for yours

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-13, 7:07pm

Aw, I'd love to join this one but I'm still working on January's frit. Your samples are huge!!

Old 2013-02-13, 7:33pm

I just got the refund and came in to say Thank you!

Old 2013-02-13, 8:43pm
Got Honey?

Quote:
Lezlie, I'm working on that glitch - been down for a few days with a respiratory bug. I should have it ironed out in a day or half, but in the meantime, just let me know which ones you'd like to have as samples and I'll pop them in for you.
Thanks a bunch, sent it to you in email

Old 2013-02-13, 9:34pm
Spring is coming, right?

I would like to participate in the Feb. frit challenge. I just got my first order from you last week and ordered some BOC samples and I've started on some BOC beads with it and having lots of fun. I love, love, love the frit and your packaging and extra goodies are so thoughtful.

Jocelyn

Old 2013-02-14, 10:18pm

Hi Leslie! I have been wanting to participate in the BOC for a while now and have finally found the time to jump in. I put in my 1st frit order tonight and hopefully can get in on the February challenge. I am looking forward to playing with all of the gorgeous colors and making some great beads for the kids. =)
Old 2013-02-15, 9:31pm

Thanks to all of you guys for playing with the frit, having fun with the challenge, and most of all making beads for Beads of Courage!!! I figured that this would be a fun way to try out new glass and make some beads for the kiddos

Still separating out BOC Sample listings from regular listings, so if there are samples that you would like to try out just shoot me a message or email, or I can just refund you for the samples - sorry about that!!!

Will be updating the list in the maniana!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-17, 9:14am

OK - all of the blends have been separated out for easy selection of BOC samples!! I'm going to break to test a couple of *NEW* frit colors and take pictures (finally) of all of those yummy BOC beads that have come in so far. As soon as the box fills up it will go off th Beads of Courage from everybody, but don't feel pressured! There's always another box waiting!!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-17, 9:46am

I'm excited and looking forward to playing with all of the gorgeous frit =D
Old 2013-02-17, 6:09pm

Default February Drawing Participants

Participants in the February BOC Challenge, and therefore those eligible for the February drawing, are as follows so far:

1. Micki Erb (refund comming to you for the pricing snag, Hun!)
2. Dayna DeCnodder
3. Angie Wilson
4. Lezlie Foster

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-17, 7:57pm

Here are some of the beads from frits that I've tested over the last couple of months. All of these little guys are now in the in the box for Beads of Courage!!!!
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-17, 8:04pm
Got Honey?

Quote:
Here are some of the beads from frits that I've tested over the last couple of months. All of these little guys are now in the in the box for Beads of Courage!!!!

Awesome!

Old 2013-02-17, 8:38pm
Loving learning

What a colorful bunch for the kids!

I never thought to put my stuff on wire or line, etc.
Is that better for mailing, easier to open & sort them?
Old 2013-02-18, 8:57am

Thanks guys!! Eileen, I think that I have yours separated and labeled properly - they will be a HUGE help with the new website!!

Getting ready to post more pics (including yours
)

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-02-18, 8:59am
Loving learning

Oops! I never even thought to label them for you, but I'll keep that in mind for the future, sorry!
Old 2013-02-18, 9:11am

Default More BOC Beads!!

More Challenge Beads are filtering in!!! Great beads, guys! There will be a lot of happy kids!!!
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...