Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2013-06-01, 10:04am
Loving learning

Default They need Act of Courage Beads, here's mine

I saw a post on FB that they need Act of Courage Beads.
Here are mine, Show me yours!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

These will go out Monday, missed the PO hours today.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-06-01, 10:14am
specializing in obnoxious

ooooh, I love the superman logo bead. Great job. I am sure they will be cherished

__Go Big, or Go Home!__

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-06-01, 10:17am
Loving learning

Thank you! With the new movie coming out (saw the preview, want to see the movie) I thought there would be some renewed interest in the man of steel
Old 2013-06-01, 10:29am
Mr Brutus RIP

great beads!! Love the owl, blue bird, superman.....so cool Eileen!!! I need to get mine together......I just set them in a pile ........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-06-01, 10:31am
Loving learning

I know, I always think "I'll make a few more before I send them", but these pretty much filled a flat rate box with some fabric scraps to fill the corners, so it worked out pretty good with what I had in the BOC bowl.
Old 2013-06-01, 10:49am

I love them all! Especially the Superman logo, the cats, the fish, and the dragon fly. Such great colors!

Judy

ps - ooh! and the Angry Bird. I keep finding new ones to love the longer I look at them.

That's why I'm learning to make Beads of Courage
Old 2013-06-01, 11:21am
Echo's Mother

Your owl is cute. I tried making some last week, and they were awful. But I'm not giving up. I just need more practice to get the technique down. My new Frits came today, so I will work on my 100 heart goal. Plus I have a bunch of other beads.

After the owls, should I work on skulls or animal prints?
Old 2013-06-01, 11:40am
Loving learning

I'd say whatever you think a child or young adult would be drawn to, but who knows what another person might like? Whatever you make will be treasured by someone.
There is a thread here somewhere that talks about what a BOC person told a guild is popular with the kids. I need to go back & find & read it again.
Old 2013-06-01, 11:42am
Wonder-wench

I like to make sea beads for BOC, hopefully a nice choice for girls or boys

Old 2013-06-01, 11:43am
Loving learning

So pretty! How could they not like those ~ they'll love them!
Old 2013-06-01, 11:56am

Ooooh the sea beads are pretty!

Eileen - I think that thread is a sticky

That's why I'm learning to make Beads of Courage
Old 2013-06-01, 12:04pm
Loving learning

Thanks, I'll go re-read now while I'm thinking about it.
Old 2013-06-01, 3:02pm

Those are great! Love the owl and the kitty

Amy

Old 2013-06-01, 5:06pm
Senior Moment

Ok Eileen, you've been holding back on us in the newbie thread! I LOVE the squirrel, the angry birds and the dotty beads (and all the ones I did see previously LOL) did I somehow miss them?!

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-06-01, 5:18pm

I love all of them. I know they will be cherished. Some day I'll be able to send beads. When I get better at making them.
Old 2013-06-01, 5:29pm
Loving learning

Quote:
Ok Eileen, you've been holding back on us in the newbie thread! I LOVE the squirrel, the angry birds and the dotty beads (and all the ones I did see previously LOL) did I somehow miss them?!

Alli

LOL, and I think we have a name for that critter that started life as a cat but mutated! Unless you're looking at a different bead than I am
Old 2013-06-01, 8:53pm
Senior Moment

It's the little orangy/tan guy on the bottom yes? He was always a squirrel; you just didn't realize it at first

Alli

Old 2013-06-01, 8:55pm
Loving learning

Well, there are 2 iffy ones, that one & the one on the blue background.
But yea, that's it, squirrel! I knew that, I just didn't realize it at first
Old 2013-06-01, 9:00pm
Senior Moment

Btw, the Monkeybutt likes the Angry birds, and his comment on the Superman beads (which he pointed out was "niiiiiice!"

Alli

Old 2013-06-01, 9:07pm
Loving learning

SM & AB will be on the list of the new bowl for sure now, thanks for passing on his approvals!
Old 2013-06-02, 6:45am

They all look great! The kids will love them. Thanks for all you are doing for Beads of Courage!

Robert
Old 2013-06-02, 7:58am

Those are fabulous beads that the kiddos will love!! Don't forget that if you want to try out new frits or experiment with any of them, I supply samples free for the BOC challenge - simply make beads for the kiddos & send me the beads for photographing (or send me photographs of your beads and let me know which beads went with which frit). You can do anything with the frits - pull stringers, encase, add embellishment - whatever you wish!

Make those beads!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2013-06-02, 11:56am

Eileen. if I were a kid i'd love to pick through your pile-o-beads!
I was able to pull together a little under 3 feet of beads for the kids. There are a few hollows in there that will make stringing an effort for little hands.
Leslie I may have to check out your frit offer for BOC the next go around and try to keep to a theme when at the torch.
Attached Images

-> I'm Chuck, I like Glass Dots
mini cc - natural gas - oxycon - 104 coe
Old 2013-06-02, 12:11pm
Loving learning

Lezlie, I'm still working on using up the frit from your very generous BOC challenge offer. (I guess my eyes were too big for my bead making speed!) I have about 10 Act of Courage Beads in "your" bowl, will send to you soon, but I still have frit so was going to do some more first.
Old 2013-06-02, 12:12pm
Loving learning

Yea Chuck! Lots of great beads there, yahoo!
Old 2013-06-02, 3:11pm
Slogan Challenged...

Eileen, those just look so sweet! I just love the owl, and sugar skulls, and superman, and ....and...everything!

Elizabeth, those are fantastic gifts for the kids!

I love that we can do things like this. I know it means so much. Everyone is inspiring me to go through my own bowl and find some nice things. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-06-02, 6:28pm
Loving learning

Kristin, if you do it, go to beadsofcourage.org and there is a form to fill out & include when you mail in the beads.
It sure is a good feeling knowing that some child or young adult might feel a bit better after they went through a really hard time because of your bead.
Old 2013-06-02, 8:21pm
Slogan Challenged...

Thanks Eileen.

Chuck, didn't mean to leave you out! Nice bunch, I really like your face beads.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-06-03, 6:36pm
Echo's Mother

Chuck - love those face beads with the big lips. So cute.
Old 2013-06-03, 7:32pm
Echo's Mother

Here are my beads. 92 off-mandrel hearts; 8 more need to be made. Fossil rock beads, horizontal hearts, and a bowl of bead soup.