Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-12-16, 9:45am
Gone Fishing!

Talking BEAD AND BUTTON 2012.. Who is going???

I am really thinking about going again this year. I had such a blast last year. Anyone else here thinking or planning on going?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Old 2011-12-16, 10:34am
Glass Addict

I'll be in a booth with Shirley Cook

Old 2011-12-16, 11:39am
Bigger, longer, and uncut

I'm planning to go and take lampworking classes. I got the class catalog last night!

Old 2011-12-16, 1:32pm
DSDWC

I'm Teaching a 2 day lampworking workshop

Old 2011-12-16, 11:49pm
Just Plain

I'll be taking a few non-glass classes again this year. And shopping, of course!

Old 2011-12-17, 7:16am
sunscreen me baby

I'll be there selling along with Deanna Chase.

~

Old 2011-12-17, 7:29am
Gone Fishing!

Jayne.. what classes are you going to take? I usually take non glass classes also.. seed beads are my second love.

Old 2011-12-17, 7:45am
Still makin' flowers...

Oh my, is it time to think about it again? I've got to get through the Best Bead Show first!

I'll be there, same booth as last year, with both lampwork flowers and intermediate/advanced seed beading patterns and kits.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-12-17, 8:19am
Loving learning

Would someone like to tell exactly what it is? I hear the shows mentioned, but can't really imagine what happens, what it's like to be there, etc.
Old 2011-12-17, 5:57pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
Would someone like to tell exactly what it is? I hear the shows mentioned, but can't really imagine what happens, what it's like to be there, etc.
Yea! What she said!!

Old 2011-12-18, 7:59am
Still makin' flowers...

The Bead and Button Show is one of the largest single-building bead shows in the country. Its held every year in June in Milwaukee, WI. Here's the website:
http://beadandbuttonshow.com/

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-12-18, 8:23am
sunscreen me baby

How to describe? lol It's amazing. It's similar to most bead shows in the fact you will see everything you could imagine using to make jewelry. While many bead shows also offer classes, the level of classes at Bead and Button is higher. They had well over 1000 class submissions this year. You can imagine the caliber of what they picked. Booth space isn't a given either. At most bead shows they will take pretty much anyone that applies. At Bead&Button you apply and wait to get in. People keep their spot and you will definitely see really good beadmakers from all over the country.

I love Bead&Button and strongly recommend you go if you can.

~

Old 2011-12-18, 10:52am
da General

I will be there teaching again - one two-day class and another one-day class - on silver glass, of-course! Not doing the show but will be at the Meet the Teacher selling venue on Wednesday night. Can't wait to see everyone again.

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-12-18, 9:48pm
Just Plain

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Horse Studio View Post
Jayne.. what classes are you going to take? I usually take non glass classes also.. seed beads are my second love.
I'm trying to narrow down my choices; wish I could afford them all! I'm thinking of something that involves working with metal and a torch - or metal clay, either copper or bronze. But I've been known to change my mind several times before registration

Old 2011-12-19, 8:09am
Gone Fishing!

Yep.. I am having a really hard time deciding on what classes to take this year also. I keep changing my mind. I usually like to do seed bead classes since that is my other love along side lampworking.

I had such a blast last year and was so overwhelmed with all the vendors and classes and fun. last year I went with a couple of friends but this year will be the first time I am going alone. Hope I am not too lonely..LOL... Of course its not really unusual for me to just walk up to someone and introduce myself...haha.

Old 2011-12-19, 8:10am
Gone Fishing!

I booked my hotel already. I am not going to stay at the Hyatt this year. I went ahead and booked at the Hilton. It seemed to me that is was closer to the classes. Maybe I am wrong there, but the price was better and its still connected to the convention center.

Old 2011-12-20, 5:34pm

I'll be there and have a booth again this year!

Old 2011-12-21, 4:30am
just another tool fool...

No booth, but I'll be there teaching 5 wireworking classes. I can hardly wait!

Click banner for my Etsy:

Old 2011-12-24, 8:29am

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimzicalities View Post
No booth, but I'll be there teaching 5 wireworking classes. I can hardly wait!
Congrats on 5 classes! Wish I could get away to take 1.

Lisa

Old 2012-01-03, 2:37pm
Mr. Cellophane

I will be there too.
I have three classes: Off Mandrel Window Bead, It's a Drag, and Soft Glass Implosions!

Libby

Old 2012-01-03, 8:05pm

Default I will be there

It gives me a chance to take classes in many of my interests metalworking, seed bead; and of course now Glass.

Sue
Old 2012-01-13, 5:36pm

Default I'll be there!

This will be my 10th year at B&B. I go with my best friend from college, and it's the highlight of our year.
Whoever else is staying at the Hilton, you'll find it much better than the Hyatt. I switched over there about 6 years ago and have never looked back. You'll like it!
I'm taking Jen Geldard's Master Class. Also Trey's 2 day workshop and Hayley's silver murrini class.
I can hardly wait! See you all there!
Peggy
Old 2012-01-30, 6:04am

I agree Peggy! I love the Hilton! I will see you there my friend!
Old 2012-01-30, 7:28am
Gone Fishing!

OH... I am so happy to hear that about the Hilton. I booked my room there because it seemed so much cheaper then the Hyatt. What else makes the Hilton so much better?

I am taking three classes this year. Two are in seed beads and then one is Haleys class on Silver glass. This will be my second year at Bead and Button. I had such a blast last year.

Old 2012-01-30, 10:18am

Re: the Hilton- first of all, it's a more "old style" hotel. They have updated the rooms somewhat (although I liked the old dressers- more storage for two people with tools and supplies and everything we buy, and oh yes, clothes!) The halls "wander" so everyone isn't taking the same elevator at the same time 15 minutes before class starts. There are several choices of restaurants on the ground floor, including a Starbucks (get there early- it's crowded, but the staff is good!) and room service is prompt and good. I think you'll be really happy there.

And yes, SaraSally- see you there. Miss you!

Peggy
Old 2012-01-31, 7:03am

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

I'm going ... it will be my first show I've ever attended anywhere!! I just can't wait! I have 8 days of classes lined up - living overseas I have to try and get in as much as I possibly can in the time available! One wish I had was that most the glass classes weren't all around the same days!! It was a hard choice for sure!

I need to buy findings so hopefully there'll be a bunch to choose from!

I hope to meet lots of LE'rs there as I won't know anyone I don't think unless a couple peeps are there that I've been PM'ing with ..!! And I'm staying at the Hilton as well ... I booked my room back at the beginning of January already!! Now I'm just waiting for some better deals to come along for flights!

Just over 4 months to go! But I'm not counting ... really!!

Amanda

Last edited by LemonwoodStudio; 2012-01-31 at 7:23am.
Old 2012-01-31, 8:25am

Amanda- What classes are you taking?
And you will find more findings than you can ever imagine! I'd like to see your face when you go on the show floor for the first time! I about passed out my first time!
And you'll meet lots of peeps and make lots of friends. I see people every year and we all really look forward to getting there and hanging out together.
Welcome.
Peggy
Old 2012-01-31, 9:03am

Going for the 4th time and taking my first class - Holly Cooper's 'Patterns on Glass Beads' Saturday and Sunday.

The first year I went with my wife - who does jeweley - we really had no idea what we'd find. I had made plans for the Art Mueseum, botanical domes, Natural History Mueseum. We never got out of the show!!! - took all day Friday, Saturday, and half of Sunday to get from the left side to the right side. The next year I bought some glass and a HH torch, and last year a mega minor and an oxycon. It's a fun show and it has changed my life.

We stay at the Ramada - a block and a half away - but that leaves more money for glass and beads.

Old 2012-01-31, 9:22am

Hey Wally-
Holly is awesome! Took a class from her in Wichita last year and loved it. Her stringer work is to die for! Have fun.
Peggy
Old 2012-01-31, 10:32am

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy593 View Post
Amanda- What classes are you taking?
And you will find more findings than you can ever imagine! I'd like to see your face when you go on the show floor for the first time! I about passed out my first time!
And you'll meet lots of peeps and make lots of friends. I see people every year and we all really look forward to getting there and hanging out together.
Welcome.
Peggy
Thanks Peggy ... I'm taking:

PMC Silver Woven Beads
Hand Stamped Silver
Fused Stack Rings
Mystery and Reaction of Highly Silvered 104 Glass
Hand Stamped Spinner Ring
Tool Making 101
Introduction to Marble Making
Explore the Magic of Silver Glass
Revisions in Glass Bead Making
Design and Detail: creating Intricate Patterns on Glass Beads ...

Info overload and I just CAN'T WAIT!!!

Findings .. that's great to know! I've never bought any before so I want to see the actual sizes/quality as I don't really have any clue when looking online!

Hope to meet you!!!

Amanda