Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-09-25, 5:44pm
Pyromaniac

yay! I'm in! This will force me to make more beads -- I so prefer off mandrel, sigh . . .

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-09-25, 6:20pm
lov'in life!!!

Ooooh, me....I wanna play

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2007-09-25, 7:20pm
The Venerable Bead

If you make donuts or discs and 20mm is too hard to do from hole to hole, then we can use the diameter BUT the diameter should be even larger than 20 mm. in general the blob of glass should start the size of a chestnut and then you flatten, squish, manipulate it into the shape you want. or in the case of a disc or donut you don't flatten or squish, capisce? don't stress about this ok guys this is going to be fun and in general we are not talking about honking focals nor are we talking about tiny spacers. these are substantial BEADS that may be a little larger than set size but not really focals either. they can be as simple as frit beads or as complex as your talents allow. heck if you do a certain color really well they can be just one color plain encased boro goodness. this group does boro and it does it well. this swap is going to be awesome and I promise no one is going to be disappointed.

edited to add: that if you make donuts and they are not 20 mm from hole to hole then they should be even larger than 20mm in diameter. a 10mm wide by 20mm in diameter bead is going to be too small for this exchange.
please see the sizing examples further along in the thread.
lay your bead down on a quarter. does it almost cover the quarter? then you are good.

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Last edited by Venbead; 2007-10-01 at 5:22pm. Reason: added clearer explanation of size
Old 2007-09-25, 8:40pm
Mandrel Slayer

Me too??? I sent an e-mail.

Thanks,
Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2007-09-25, 9:29pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

I'm in! Sounds like a plan

Old 2007-09-26, 2:54am
boro color bender

I'm in!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-09-26, 2:57am
traumaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
I'm in!
I think I just squeeled a bit...

Old 2007-09-26, 3:00am
boro color bender

Can I send small hearts?

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-09-26, 3:01am
boro color bender

I'll pierce them... no loops.

Old 2007-09-26, 3:41am
ID10T Problem Solver

I would like to play!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-09-26, 4:44am
The Venerable Bead

ok brent if you can pierce the heart and there are no loops then it's a plan man

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-26, 5:11am
ManBearPig

I wonder how I missed this thread? I guess it's too late for me to participate. Oh well. Maybe next time.

And just when I started making beads again...

Old 2007-09-26, 5:19am
The Venerable Bead

ok chad I,m really bad at setting limits and how could i keep out your talent? I'd be mobbed by the masses. we'll open it to 30 for those who sleep late ok? but that's it 30 lol

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-26, 6:16am

Hi Paula

Well, the is a definite first for me but I have decided to give it a try. Must the beads be with you in your hands on 1 December. That would mean I would have to post min about first week in November! Also, I do not have $$ for return postage to send you but you could send me a Paypal invoice and I will pay it.
Old 2007-09-26, 7:33am
The Venerable Bead

yes the beads must be in my hands by december 1! I have the first week of december off from work and I plan to grab those poor unfortunate souls who are geographically closest to me (kimv brenda lol) and bribe them with pizza and pendants to sort and package beads. Having witnesses will also help protect me from those that may cry that I play favorites. We all have our favorite artists and you may see them in this list. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T ASK ME FOR A CERTAIN ARTIST'S BEADS. HOMEY DON'T PLAY THAT.
My plan is to make sure out of the pile of 300 beads, you get 10 different artists beads and not your own. If I can accomplish that then we are good and I have fufulled what I promised. If you are sad that you don't get the particular beads you want then I will be sad for you too but that's the best I can offer. If you were the kid who cried after every secret santa exchange or yankee swap because you got a green knit hat instead of the red light up yo-yo please reconsider your participation. this is said in the kindest most gentle way possible since there is no tone in posting. I love you all and I would love to fufill your lifelong dream of getting a certain artist's beads but there is no way to keep this fair if I start taking orders. OK? I have been hanging around this board for almost 3 years and I have seen exchanges go horribly wrong. I have kept some mental notes on what can go horribly wrong. This issue is one of the areas that can be very troublesome.
I am open to feedback regarding other areas that I may not have foreseen yet so if you have a question or comment please shoot it my way. I am humbled that 29 people in the span of less than 24 hours would entrust me with their beads. thank you all for making up such a great and talented group!!!!!!
for those people outside the US and Canada I am asking for $3.00 postage and I can paypal you an invoice. YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO GET THOSE BEADS IN THE MAIL SOMETIME IN EARLY TO MID NOVEMBER SO THEY REACH ME IN TIME!

— Audrey Hepburn

Last edited by Venbead; 2007-09-26 at 7:37am.
Old 2007-09-26, 7:53am

I think I can, I think I can......okay Paula.....I can!
Old 2007-09-26, 7:56am
ManBearPig

I don't really have any suggestions as to how to make it go more smoothly, but I think it would be cool to take a photo of all of them together as a group. Don't need to list whose is whose, but just all of them in a big pile would be nice...

Old 2007-09-26, 8:14am
The Venerable Bead

I have a plan to take pictures of each set when they come in so we will have a reference. what I found is during the charm exchange was once you take the beads out of their little baggie to make jewelry you forget who made what. good idea Chad about taking a group shot too! and if we can get our little sorting pizza party together we'll be sure to take pix that night too.

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-26, 8:18am
traumaqueen

If I'd live any closer I would be right there with you sorting out the goodies... havin some popcorn and strawberry margueritas

Old 2007-09-26, 8:22am
The Venerable Bead

OK the bead exchange is closed. I am off to the body shop because I backed into my husband's car in the driveway this weekend (his fault LOL) please don't e-mail me about getting into the exchange I have to cut it off somewhere and since 33 is my lucky number and on my licence plate then 33 it is!
YAY and we're off!

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-26, 8:47am
The Venerable Bead

awe suzanne you can have virtual margarita's with us that night k?

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-26, 9:41am
ManBearPig

One question...

Do we find out whose beads we get back?

It's not a big deal to me either way, but I was just curious...

Old 2007-09-26, 9:45am

I think each bead is supposed to be in a baggie with a business card so you will know who made each one.

Old 2007-09-26, 10:04am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

WOW! Look at all the wonderful Boro roomies in here!!! Fantastic group...

#K58
Old 2007-09-26, 10:40am
traumaqueen

Jerri your new puppy is just the cutest thing ever!!!!! I adore her~

Old 2007-09-26, 10:44am
Booger #7

Yippee!! This is going to be so much fun and now I can justify more glass!!!!

Old 2007-09-26, 11:18am

PAULA, I like peppers and onions and mushrooms on my pizza and as far as Margaritas go...Straight with a rim of heavy salt!!!!!!!!! I can get to RI, name the date and time when we get closer to the day!!
Brenda
Old 2007-09-26, 12:00pm
Hummel factory reject

You are a Goddess for doing this Paula! The FUN is in GIVING PEOPLE!!!..... Kim!!! Brenda!!! You so pretty.... Lori

Old 2007-09-26, 12:14pm
Trying to Hope!

wahhh how did I miss this.......

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-09-26, 12:37pm

I don't mind picking off the peppers (the rest is good!), I'm used to it, but the margarita has to be on ice! I LOVE this being retired....I can actually make it at any time!!!!!!
Kim V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginner View Post
PAULA, I like peppers and onions and mushrooms on my pizza and as far as Margaritas go...Straight with a rim of heavy salt!!!!!!!!! I can get to RI, name the date and time when we get closer to the day!!
Brenda
Thanks, Lori!!!!!