No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-06-27, 2:24pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

Question Copper Wire Sources

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you have any recommendations for where to buy copper wire for wrapping (anywhere from 14-20 gauge)...thanks!

Lisa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-06-27, 2:37pm
Fusing Glass

i usually get mine via rio grande i think or ebay try this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...201091876&rd=1

this is 28g but great price!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...007389624&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...005864120&rd=1
Old 2005-06-27, 2:57pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

Thanks Mary....I figured you'd have some ideas.

Lisa

Old 2005-06-27, 3:19pm
just another tool fool...

You mean you can buy it all clean...with no ugly black jacket on?!!!

Just kidding...I have bought it that way, too, but most of the copper I use is recycled industrial stuff...very cheap, or free if you know an electrician
Probably not the best jewelry wire, but it works well for my wired stuff...

My dad had about 50 lbs of it just laying around, so when we went to visit year before last, I confiscated it for critters...looks like a lifetime supply, LOL!

Click banner for my Etsy:

Old 2005-06-27, 3:25pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

http://www.brandywinejewelrysupply.c...idCategory=319

I think this is one of the only places to get Square copper wire, they have lots of sizes and a decent price.

TEague
Old 2005-06-27, 3:41pm
Fusing Glass

kewl square! thanks
Old 2005-06-27, 7:28pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

Thanks...I didn't even know it came square.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague
http://www.brandywinejewelrysupply.c...idCategory=319

I think this is one of the only places to get Square copper wire, they have lots of sizes and a decent price.

TEague

Old 2005-06-27, 8:04pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

No problem.