LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2012-07-13, 10:07pm
Debra Clutter

Default Free Batik Flower Bead Recipes

I have edited this with updated information.

I have 30 recipes on my website for free plus 5 for 96 COE!

I also expanded my 104 recipes that are for sale from 20 to 50! Low price of $22.00

I have been working for 6 months on testing different reactive colors. I choose to make the same bead in a flower batik look for comparison. I made a few hundred beads sweating my butt off in the 100 degree heat and braving the cold this winter in my studio. Some of the things I tried didn't turn out so well, but I learned a lot from my experiments.

I set out on this project to make myself a reference guide that I could look at to give me ideas when I am sitting at the torch those days when no ideas are coming to me. I didn't expect it to take so long or that I would be making nothing but these beads for 6 months. I was determined to finish it and get it out of my system.

In the beginning, I put together two free recipe tutorials containing 5 of the different colors I tried. One is for 104 glass and one is for 96 glass. I have since replaced them with the free one containing 30 of the bead recipes that I didn't put into my tutorial that is for sale.

Some of these are well know color combo's and others are with 96 transparents. This really gave me a chance to test some of the 96 glass I had in combination with the 104 glass as a base.

The original recipes that I sold included 20 recipes. If you had bought the 20 recipe ones in the past, I will be sending the updated 50 recipe one to you for free.

The free recipes are here: 104 Reactive Color Recipes

The ones for sale are here: 104 Reactive Color Recipes for Sale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Last edited by dclutter64; 2013-02-03 at 8:41am. Reason: New information.
Old 2012-07-14, 2:05am

Thanks so much Debra! It's very generous of you to share your work. The effects are gorgeous!
Old 2012-07-14, 5:08am

Debra those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Old 2012-07-14, 5:53am

How nice! Thank you!
Old 2012-07-14, 6:32am

How is your tutorial different than the one Anne Rickets did several years ago?
Old 2012-07-14, 6:34am
Formerly FishBulb

Thank you so much for sharing the results of your hard work! These are fabulous!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-07-14, 7:43am
The Rainbow Lady 【ツ】

Great info! Thanks for sharing

~
~
~
Old 2012-07-14, 7:55am
Debra Clutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papimom View Post
Anne's tutorial shows how to make the flowers and a few colors for the beads in the tutorial. I am not showing how to make flowers or stringers or a bead at all. It is only a recipe book of the different colors so that you can see the reaction of the colors. You can use the color combinations in any kind of bead. It is for reference really. I made this for myself I just thought others would like the same kind of reference to refer to when they are trying to figure out what to make.

I will put more free ones on my site when I get done with the next batch. I have about 30 more color combos to process. I laminated the quick reference to use at the torch, but I have decided to just include it in the tutorial for sale as a pdf without sending a laminated copy.

You can get just the reference guide on my etsy site for $5.00 or the whole thing for $15.00.

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Last edited by dclutter64; 2012-07-14 at 7:59am.
Old 2012-07-14, 8:08am
"Sinners have soul too"

Holy Moley Debra! These have "me" written all over 'em! When I get my new studio setup, these are some of the first things I'm doing! Yay!

Old 2012-07-14, 8:13am
Isellstuff&alsothings

For one, Anne's tutorial described how she made a particular set of beads that she called batik beads. Deb's tutorial is a color recipe book featuring reactive color combos that work together to create a similar effect. I think your work is fabulous and I appreciate you sharing your discoveries, Deb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papimom View Post

Old 2012-07-14, 8:15am
Isellstuff&alsothings

oops, I must have been typing my reply while you were replying, Deb!

Old 2012-07-14, 9:10am
I think I could be a bead

Thanks for the free tutorials. They look great!

Old 2012-07-14, 9:26am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Debra, I cannot get any of the PDFs on your site to download for me.

Old 2012-07-14, 9:34am
tweetysweetie

Same thing with me too Amber. They say they're downloading but don't show anything? WTF, never had that happen before.

Old 2012-07-14, 9:39am

Thanks for this tut! I love the look of these reactions

Old 2012-07-14, 10:47am

I didn't have any problem downloading the tutorial. Thanks Deb!
Old 2012-07-14, 11:24am
Debra Clutter

Let me put the compressed version up! Maybe that would help or send me and email and I will send it to you!

#C-108

Old 2012-07-14, 12:04pm
Debra Clutter

Ok I added a compressed version to the website. Let me know if you are still having problems downloading it.

#C-108

Old 2012-07-14, 2:55pm

Those are very pretty! I love all batik! Thank you so very much for sharing your knowledge with us!
Gratefully,
ginger
Old 2012-07-14, 2:56pm
Happy Inner Dragon

So lovely of you, Debra

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2012-07-14, 4:10pm
Who me?

Loved the free one. Just had to order the pay one too. Great job.

ETA. Thanks for all the research.

Last edited by swamper; 2012-07-14 at 5:17pm.
Old 2012-07-14, 9:33pm
Debra Clutter

Thank you swamped!

#C-108

Old 2012-07-15, 4:40pm
Debra Clutter

I added 6 more free recipes to my website. This will be in another tutorial later.

#C-108

Old 2012-07-15, 6:22pm
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

BEAUTIFUL DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are so talented and smart!
Old 2012-07-16, 6:15am

Default tutorials

Debra, thank you for a lovely revisit to the distant past of lamp working. You have documented so many reactions for us! A lot has happened in the glass world since I started making beads, and this wonderful information seems to have gotten lost in the surge to do so much with silver glass.

It never hurts to hone the old skills and refresh knowledge when it comes to the innumerable wonders of glass! You did a great job, and I love the names you gave the reactions!

Old 2012-07-16, 7:46am
Debra Clutter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow Meow Beads View Post
BEAUTIFUL DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are so talented and smart!
Sue you are funny! No talent required. Just trying to document stuff as xiola blue said. Still trying to figure out if it was a complement or not! I did this for myself and thought I would share.

I don't usually put things up for sale because I have a stressful job and I create beads for fun and to relax. Selling takes all the fun out of it for me but my family and friends talked me into it because I had been working on it for about 4 hours a day for a couple of weeks.

There have been list of reactive colors around for awhile. I even tried some of the not so popular ones I found on the list and didn't get anything. Maybe I didn't have the right combination. This is the problem with the list. I wanted something that actually showed which colors worked together and how to layer them.

I actually got some beautiful results form things I would of never tried. I also got a whole lot of really ugly results! I found that it really depends on how you layer the glass.

Yesterday I made 15 beads and only 4 came out ok. Some looked good in the flame but ugly when cold.

Since I am getting old I really wanted something to look at to remind me what colors worked together.

Most of the recipes are simple 2 to 3 color combinations. I really was trying to keep it simple. I might try more complex color combinations. It depends on if I get burnt out on doing this or not.

The reason for the flowers is because I love daisies. That is all.

#C-108

Old 2012-07-16, 8:10am
"Sinners have soul too"

I like simple... 2-3 colors is the perfect amount... I cannot wait to play!

Old 2012-07-16, 9:10am

Woo-hoo! I actually have the colors for Maka Koa & Pauo'le here so I can try these right away

Old 2012-07-16, 10:41am
tweetysweetie

Finally could see and download your batik tutorials, how pretty and how generous of you to share.....((Deb)) thanks!

Old 2012-07-18, 7:40pm
offically down under

Thanks Deb. It is very kind and generous for you to share your recipes. LE has been such a great learning place and, it's people like you that make it special.

Tags
batik beads, reactive 96