Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2007-11-09, 12:27pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Default Does Anyone use Irfanview?

Do you like it? My son just recently told me about it and I've been using it. I'm not one to experiment much, always afraid of screwing something up but I thought maybe someone here uses it and can offer some tips. It is a free program.
Here is a pic edited with it by me, and I like that I can put my name into the pic too. Anyone?
sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-11-09, 5:28pm

The version I use is free ( of Irfanview) it's nice, easy to use... Doesn't do everything Photo shop does but it's pretty darn nice for free It's better for me because there aren't so many options my head hurts.
Old 2007-11-15, 6:56pm
Certified Yoga Teacher

Yes, I use it to resize photos for forum use. Otherwise my pics are way too big!

Liz

Old 2007-11-16, 6:05am
sous verre

I've never used Photoshop but I love Irfanview. It's all I use.
Old 2007-11-16, 6:47am
She's Back & Burnin'

I've used it for 6 years and love it too!

Sara

Old 2007-11-16, 7:41am
Mr Brutus RIP

I purchased Print Master Gold and I couldnt' figure it out but I just LOVE Irfanview cause it is so easy to use and does what I need. I need to start playing around with it more to see what else it can do tho!
sue

Old 2007-11-16, 4:33pm
runs with pruning shears

i use irfanview too (free edition). It is nice & easy & small (doesn't hog memory or drive space. It's really good to preview pics or do quick resizing.

I personally like paintshop pro better than photoshop if you need something more. I find it much more intuitive (it's less expensive too!)
aloha,
elise
Old 2007-11-16, 10:51pm
~ glass whisperer ~ lol

Irfanview is quick and easy.

I have Photoshop, but Irfanview is better (easier and faster) for resizing. It's also quick for minor editing.

Old 2007-11-24, 10:05am
Gentleman of Leisure

I use it regularly.... In fact it is the most used graphics program in my computer....

If you have fears of screwing up initial picture, always make sure picture file is in "read only" mode (in properties - attributes) before you try working with it, that way you can not save over original image with possible "flubbed" image...

Also keep original in a different folder ("masters") from images you are working with ("manipulated")....

Also burn originals to a CD so if you loose system (crash) you don't loose images ...

It's a simple discipline to keep you out of trouble...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal