No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-09-04, 8:08am
MaximumAwesomeIdeaCount!

Hey Dave!

I know you must be swamped with orders but I can't seem to check out on your website right now. Can you tell me if you are still taking orders?

Thanks, Joy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Use LEFRIEND as a 15% off coupon in my Etsy!

Old 2008-09-04, 11:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayle janczarek View Post
Dave, please let us know what day you are on. My order was placed and payed for 8-5Would just like to know about when to expect. gayle

and I hate to be annoying, but I would like to know too - missed the last batch to go out by one day, since my order was paid for on 8/2....

Thanks,
Karin Cernik
Old 2008-09-04, 12:25pm
MaximumAwesomeIdeaCount!

I was able to check out and pay using Paypal! Please disregard previous message. Thanks!

Use LEFRIEND as a 15% off coupon in my Etsy!

Old 2008-09-05, 6:49pm

Has anyone heard from Dave? gayle
Old 2008-09-06, 5:37am

Dave,
We all know you're buried from all the support from us...................See that's what you get for being so creative and offering something affordable that's in high demand....LOL Could you please do a quick check in and let us all know how it's coming. What day are you on and any info as to when to expect our X-Press. Please come up for air!

Old 2008-09-06, 6:08pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

I noticed there was a wait for the bead liner. I was wondering how long I should expect to wait before I go ahead and order. Thanks a bunch!

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2008-09-07, 10:56am

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadsGoneWild View Post
Dave,
We all know you're buried from all the support from us...................See that's what you get for being so creative and offering something affordable that's in high demand....LOL Could you please do a quick check in and let us all know how it's coming. What day are you on and any info as to when to expect our X-Press. Please come up for air!

For some reason I haven't been getting LE emails telling me I have new responses to the thread, so I apologize for not responding sooner! I'll be watching more closely.

Here's where I'm at right now. I have 45 tools nearing completion. (I am doing them all at once, assembly line style, so they will all be done at the same time...) My guess is that I will be finished by Monday night. I think that is about right, but we'll have to see how it goes. I had to take a day away from them on Saturday to package and ship BeaDreamer orders.

I appreciate comments like "Come up for air" which seem to imply you folks realize I am not goofing off, or slacking. That is the case. I've been working at least 10 hour days, usually more, and have not taken even one day off since this project started in mid July.

Bottom line is I will be up to somewhere around 8-13 by Tuesday I think. It will likely be a full day packing and shipping those, and then I have to make BeaDreamer blanks, and get them shipped to the coater so I don't have another back-order situation with those. Then the next round starts Wednesday or Thursday, which I think will get us up to around today's date as far as order fulfillment by the end of next week or so. It helps a lot to do larger batches because the machine setup time for each phase in the process is reduced that way. But the downside is there is longer between shipments.

I have to apologize to a few folks who had orders in from Australia and the UK, who got skipped in the last batch. I had intended to package those the next day after (frantically) packing and shipping all the domestic orders, because I didn't want to miss the PO closing due to having to fill out all the customs forms etc., and simply forgot to set aside tools to fill them. Darn me. Yours will be included in this batch, and I'll do something nice to help make it up to you.

Interspersed with the above, is the deburring tool I spoke of earlier. I've ordered the materials to make 40 of those to start with. That should be here this week. In addition, I have about 40 1/4 inch #304 SS mandrels in stock, and enough 316 SS to make a boatload of 1/16, 3/32, and 1/8 inch mandrels as well. They are all far less labor intensive so don't worry about that delaying the Impress orders. Before everyone starts asking to have combined shipping with the Impress and any of these, I won't promise that at this point, sorry.

It all takes time. For anyone else who is considering ordering, be prepared to wait. I can't always tell you just how long or how soon it's going to be. Orders are still coming in every day. Since I first posted this thread, there has been exactly one day that I didn't have any orders for the Impress. It's nuts. So if you plan to wait till things settle down, I really can't say how long that's going to be. Right now, it looks like things aren't going to change much very soon, but I'm not counting on it continuing indefinitely, either. No way to tell. All I can say is I promise to keep them coming as quickly and best as I can reasonably do without working myself into the hospital!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate that almost without exception, in the face of long waits coupled with the excitement and expectaion of having a new toy, you have all been so very patient and so wonderful to deal with. I feel very humbled by the warm response and support I get every day in emails, and here as well. Thanks for that guys.

Enough air... I promise to keep in touch better. BBL...

PS Gayle.. Gave you a call since you emailed your #. Left a message. Your tool will ship in this batch.

Oh yeah, that reminds me... Just realized recently the Pappashop cart is set to ask for phone numbers and stuff I really don't need so I'll get that fixed soon. I don't need your shoe size to send you a tool. I never give mine out.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 2008-09-07, 12:27pm

Dave, Thank you. gayle
Old 2008-09-08, 6:22am
BrakerBeads

I can't get the checkout to complete from your website. It gets to the "credit card or direct payment via Paypal" and then when you hit "continue" nothing happens.
~NancyB

Because Beads are Necessary for Life Force!

Old 2008-09-08, 9:46am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakerBeads View Post
I can't get the checkout to complete from your website. It gets to the "credit card or direct payment via Paypal" and then when you hit "continue" nothing happens.
~NancyB
Seems OK, works for me. Probably the PayPal site was slow to respond. That happens occasionally, or some other internet hiccup. Try again, and email me if you have a problem.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 2008-09-08, 9:34pm

Quote:
I have to apologize to a few folks who had orders in from Australia.....
Hi Dave will you send us a message as you send our parcels to us, as I have been waiting patiently since I ordered and paid on the 21st july, I would like to know when I might receive my tool or when it is sent, jus so I don't go thinking it has been lost along the way, I can't wait to get it and try it. Thank you for being so clever

I hope I hear from you soon

Have a good day

Cheers Jane
Old 2008-09-09, 8:07am

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that today is packing/shipping day... Squeeeeeal!!! Can hardly stand it!! I'm hearing Carly Simon right about now...Anticipation....

Am I being expressive enough?

Beverly
Old 2008-09-09, 9:00am

My order is in!! Yay!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-09-10, 12:34am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane B View Post
Hi Dave will you send us a message as you send our parcels to us, as I have been waiting patiently since I ordered and paid on the 21st july, I would like to know when I might receive my tool or when it is sent, jus so I don't go thinking it has been lost along the way, I can't wait to get it and try it. Thank you for being so clever

I hope I hear from you soon

Have a good day

Cheers Jane
Yes, please, that would be fab - thanks for letting us know what's going on - my order came in from the UK on the 20th of July, and following the thread closely, I've had a few 'false alarms' - knowing when it got sent out would be great Thank you!

(ring top mandrels, nuts, & beads *****
for tuition (UK)
Old 2008-09-10, 10:54am

Hi,

Absolutely I will notify everyone by email when your orders ship. I must admit I dread that chore though... because consider just 1.5 minutes per email, including looking up your order, cutting and pasting text and subject lines, etc. and you suddenly have 45*1.5 minutes, = about an hour and a half of repitive work. And usually it is a "night shift" kind of thing, when I'm beat to start with. But I realize that is important customer support so I do it. (Almost always.) And in this case I absolutely promise everyone will get an email. That's the least I could do to try and make up for taking what must seem like half an eternity to some of you.

I'll touch base again later today or tonight and update you.

Dave

Old 2008-09-10, 5:09pm

Dave, Have any packages gone out yet this week? gayle
Old 2008-09-10, 6:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayle janczarek View Post
Dave, Have any packages gone out yet this week? gayle
Not yet Gayle, I'm sorry. I had a couple things happen that slowed me down the last couple days. I realize the frustration factor.

I did ship out a whole bunch of BeaDreamer orders though.

I'm on the last phase now. If it looks like I won't have all 45 tools done in time to ship tomorrow, I'll stop production in time to get some of them packed and shipped before the PO closes, so some of you at least will have them in your hands on Saturday, the rest on Monday. And that will cover orders through 8-28, I think. I should be able to get yours shipped tomorrow, Gayle. Sorry, I'm doing my best. Wish I could clone myself.

Dave

Old 2008-09-10, 6:57pm

Sounds like you need an apprentice! Or a secretary to do the order forms etc ... and packaging and mailing.

Old 2008-09-11, 3:29am

Dave, thanks for the update. Hope I don't seem like a pest asking. gayle
Old 2008-09-11, 4:55am

Default WooHoo... am I getting higher on the list???

Sounds like my order will be getting close???????? I ordered on 8/30. Can't wait to get it. I have my other supplies already (tubing, cutter, mallet, etc) and i'll be heading to the studio to make more beads! Any more updates when u get a chance would be great and thank you.

Shari
Old 2008-09-13, 8:05am

I'm just marking this thread.... Looks like a good Christmas present....

Lynne

Send me an email or a PM
I answer everything, any excuse not to do something useful!
Old 2008-09-13, 2:24pm

Dave, it is Sat evening and I am just a little dissapointed. Still nothing, it has been a long wait, with a few thoughts that it would be here this week (post #197). I'm leaving this next week and honestly thought that I would have my tool before I left. gayle
Old 2008-09-13, 2:53pm
She's Back & Burnin'

OK, I am going to ask a stupid question:

Does this tool do the flaring on both ends at the same time?

Sara

Old 2008-09-13, 2:54pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Sara,

The short answer is no. You have to flip the bead over to get equal flaring on both ends.

Old 2008-09-13, 3:50pm
Spectrum rulz

Dave maybe you need to put a sign up - Wanted secretary/wrapper/packer/girl/boy friday, payment will be in tools.
Old 2008-09-13, 4:40pm
Spectrum rulz

Is anyone able to tell me where they are buying their sterling silver tubing from to do the coring with. Dave suggested Rio Grande but I dont have a user account with them and I wont have a login code until Monday so I cant see their prices. I am open to any suggestions I know its too expensive to buy here in Australia from the local Jewellery supplier. I would like to be set up ready with the tube when my corer gets here.
Old 2008-09-13, 6:14pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrywashere View Post
Is anyone able to tell me where they are buying their sterling silver tubing from to do the coring with. Dave suggested Rio Grande but I dont have a user account with them and I wont have a login code until Monday so I cant see their prices. I am open to any suggestions I know its too expensive to buy here in Australia from the local Jewellery supplier. I would like to be set up ready with the tube when my corer gets here.
There is a bulk buy for the Pandora sized tubing - I know that an Aussie is trying to get some people to go in together on the shipping.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh....php?p=2066477

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-09-13, 8:23pm

Hi,

38 orders shipped today. Yours too, Gayle. Domestic orders should all arrive Monday AM. International, 6-10 days. With a couple exceptions due to incorrectly entered addresses, (No country name, etc.) all orders through 8-2 and two on 8-13 are shipped. The two 8-13 orders have initials BW and KN. KN, your initial cancelled order without the extra 4.37 peg might have been shipped by accident. If you don't have the peg, let me know and I will ship it free of charge immediately.

Thanks folks, it's a wild ride on this end. I'm totally freakin' exhausted. No emails tonight, but this should tell you what you need to know till I recuperate! LOL.

I just picked up 20 more tools today, and tomorrow, the fun starts all over again. I've decided to stick to around twenty at a wack, so something goes out every week, hopefully.

The pegs are color coded. I don't have the colors posted yet, but for most, it will be obvious which are which anyway. Till then, just stick the peg into a tube, and it should fit with about the width of a piece of paper wiggle room. Make sure your tube isn't squashed by too-aggressive cutting pressure as outlined in the instructions at http://host.pappapak17.com/~artinthe/index.htm (Click articles)

Hope you all are real happy with your tools. Thanks for being so nice even though I know patience has been wearing thin for some of you, and perfectly understandably so!

Now, I'm takin a flippin BREAK!!!!

Best,
Dave

Old 2008-09-13, 8:27pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I think he means all up to 8/12 and 2 from 8/13, not 8/2

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-09-13, 8:32pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
I think he means all up to 8/12 and 2 from 8/13, not 8/2
Exactly. Told you I was tired.

Thanks Squid.