LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-01-10, 5:35am
boro color bender

Arrow Boro basics... Volume #1 DVD - PREORDER your copy at a discounted price...

Plus you'll get in line to be the first ones shipped when they come in!

Here are the three finished pendants I demoed in the DVD... Can't wait to get into more complex stuff... but I had to start here and build as we go along. That way everybody can join in the boro fun!

I cover all of the off mandrel basics in this video tutorial. It's going to be in DVD format and I will ship as soon as I get them from the duplicator.

I'm offering a great PRE-order deal... instead of $49.95, it's $40 with $2 US shipping and $4 international shipping.

http://www.brentgraber.com/catalog.php?category=15

This video covers:
Flame Settings
2 ways to make a gather
2 ways to pull a boro stringer
Cold Seals
Using Peter Tweezers and Handy Andys
How to practice making loops with out ruining a your pendants
Drilling a hole with hot tungsten
Making a layered boro Twisty
Encasing with boro
Adding dots
Setting up and silver striking colors
Making a Maria
Reaming a big hole in boro
Raking boro using a clear stringer
Adding a drip to the bottom of a pendant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 2009-01-12 at 2:56pm.
Old 2009-01-10, 7:39am

I can't wait to get mine

R-118
Old 2009-01-10, 9:05am
boro color bender

As an added incentive, I will also ad a little something extra in two of the first 100 packages... totally random give away. I'll do the drawing and announce who won here, after the first 100 are sold.

I'll get pictures of the giveaways up later... it'll be two of my best pendants.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-10, 9:31am

I've never worked with boro before Brent, is this DVD right for me...?

Jenny

Old 2009-01-10, 9:35am
boro color bender

Yes! It explains all the beginner stuff to get you started working boro off mandrel... I definitely started from the beginning and assumed people didn't know anything about how to do boro or off mandrel... It's a balance... it walks through the basics, but also includes enough that somebody who has done this before, won't be bored.

Old 2009-01-10, 10:49am

Thanks Brent... I'm going to preorder this DVD... can't wait

Jenny

Old 2009-01-10, 12:15pm

I promise not to bug you about arrival time/day/month. Looking forward to watching the DVD.

Sals
Old 2009-01-10, 12:19pm
boro color bender

Ok deal... and I promise to send them out as soon as I possibly can.

Old 2009-01-10, 12:26pm

But, you need to let us know what number has been ordered, so we can start getting excited! gayle (who already ordered)
Old 2009-01-10, 12:54pm
boro color bender

27 preordered since last night.

I'm so excited. I can't wait for people to see this and try the things I demo. It's my favorite part of teaching... and now I get to cause the "I GOT PINK!" excitement on a much larger scale. How cool is that?

Old 2009-01-10, 1:25pm
Senior Moment

Me too! I am signing up....Yipppee way 2 go Brent!
Cheers,
Patricia

Nortel Mega Minor w/ EX 15 Oxy Con

Old 2009-01-10, 1:33pm

Okay, I just ordered mine too! I am very excited and have been struggling with my boro colors! I can't wait for it to get here.
Old 2009-01-10, 1:57pm

Yeah just preordered mine......I am slowly starting to adore Boro and a video will be perfect for me.

Mini-CC& M-5 oxycon

Old 2009-01-10, 2:21pm

This looks so cool... I just preordered mine too!

Old 2009-01-10, 4:36pm

Hey Mr. Brent,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I can stop asking you as to when you plan on releasing. Now I'll just ask for when the other 4 will be released as I have already placed my pre-order for this one.

Thanks,

Candace

Minor
Old 2009-01-10, 4:50pm

Hey Brent,

Just pre-ordered my copy of your dvd - really enjoyed your class at glassstock a couple of years ago. I've admired your work. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Teri

Last edited by NW-Teri; 2009-01-10 at 5:13pm.
Old 2009-01-10, 5:01pm
Colors outside the lines

I just pre-ordered your DVD---can't wait to watch it and try some boro.

Leah
Old 2009-01-10, 5:26pm
boro color bender

Thank you thank you!

Old 2009-01-10, 8:01pm

I just ordered mine. I am new to boro and have admired your work for a long time. I can't wait!

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2009-01-11, 12:28am
Mad about Glass

Brent, I keep trying to order and am told the form is incomplete or incorrect. But I'm not told which field is wrong. I'm guessing it's the international phone number but none of the combinations I tried work.

Help please!!!!

Jenn

[url]

Old 2009-01-11, 2:23am
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkie View Post
Brent, I keep trying to order and am told the form is incomplete or incorrect. But I'm not told which field is wrong. I'm guessing it's the international phone number but none of the combinations I tried work.

Help please!!!!

Jenn
I tried and it's working for me, Jenn.

Old 2009-01-11, 3:17am
Knob Creek Glass

I ordered mine. I keep missing you when you come to ABR in Indiana.
Old 2009-01-11, 8:34am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkie View Post

Help please!!!!

Jenn
I'm not sure what's going on Jenn. I've had people order from all over the world on my website... what part are you getting stuck on?

If you want, PM me your PP address and I'll just send you an invoice.

Old 2009-01-11, 8:35am
boro color bender

Rose, Yunita and Barbara... thank you soooo much...

Barbara. I'll be back some time this year.

Old 2009-01-11, 9:20am
boro color bender

50 SOLD! Wooohooo!

Old 2009-01-11, 3:02pm
Mad about Glass

Thanks Brent. I have now ordered successfully. I wasn't ticking the boxes!!!!
Thanks for the message Rifie.

Jenn

[url]

Old 2009-01-11, 5:26pm
boro color bender

Awesome Jenn... sorry for the confusion.

Old 2009-01-12, 10:10am
Normal is Boring!!

Ship that puppy to me!! Happpppppyyyyy Dance!

Duh what are Peter Tweezers and Handy Andys? I gotta make sure I got them so I'm ready to rock and roll when I get my little present to me!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Last edited by Afterdark; 2009-01-12 at 10:12am.
Old 2009-01-12, 10:30am
boro color bender

You can order Peter Tweezers from Arrow Springs and go to Andy's site www.galacticglass.net to get the Handy Andy's. They both do pretty much the same thing. One is a cheaper version and excellent for smaller holes... the Handy Andy's are built like a tank and are excellent for larger holes. They will also save you some time, because they make a hole all the way through. Peter tweezers just give you a guide.

Old 2009-01-12, 10:37am
Normal is Boring!!

okay- I got the peter tweezers but will look into the handy Andy's- Thank you!!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings