The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-03-06, 10:18am
Glass-aholic

Default CIM Cirrus Unique???

I got some and was totally excited...
I was still totally excited when I was torching with it last night. I got cool striations like a veiled cane or something, it ROCKED in my vessel... and It was awesomely translucent when I applied silver plum stringer.

BUT when I opened the kiln this morning EVERY piece I made, (vessels, donut spacers, lentils) were ALL WHITE WHITE WHITE.. no variation, no translucency...

I love the original.. the unique looked soo cool!

anybody???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2009-04-05, 6:38pm
Floral Obsessed

Bump - I just had the same thing happen to me last night! I think I just need to work it faster but maybe I need to anneal differently? Anyone figured this out?

Nov. 2003-Nov 2005 --> QuietTorch, 1lb MAPP ::
:: Nov. 2005-May 2007 --> Piranha, NG, 1 Solaris oxycon ::
:: May 2007-Present --> Piranha, NG, 2 Solaris oxycons
Old 2009-04-05, 7:21pm
Life is change. Love it

If it is anything like the Cirrus, the longer you work it the more opaque it gets.

Old 2009-04-07, 10:56pm
Focus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci View Post
I got some and was totally excited...
I was still totally excited when I was torching with it last night. I got cool striations like a veiled cane or something, it ROCKED in my vessel... and It was awesomely translucent when I applied silver plum stringer.

BUT when I opened the kiln this morning EVERY piece I made, (vessels, donut spacers, lentils) were ALL WHITE WHITE WHITE.. no variation, no translucency...

I love the original.. the unique looked soo cool!

anybody???

me too, same thing, white! yuk!
I did read something somewhere on some of the CIM glass needing to be annealed at different temps as well as working some of them differently. I'll see if I can find the post again...

A-62

Old 2009-04-08, 2:47pm

White. Yawn.