Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-06-10, 7:11am
Molten Designs

Default My D90 is coming today....HELP!!!

I don't really know anything about DSLR's. I have always just had a point and shoot camera. Any tips or advice?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

moltendesign.etsy.com
Old 2009-06-10, 7:14am

You're going to love it....read the manual front to back (even if you're like me and have NEVER read a manual).....you're going to love that camera
Old 2009-06-10, 7:36am
Critter Mom

I just got a D90 a few weeks ago and it's wonderful. I haven't had much photo taking time lately, but have taken a few "micro" and landscape photos. I don't know anything about taking pictures but fortunately my husband does so I get help there...I'm also planning on reading the manual front to back but because my old Olympus E10 broke down on me mid listing of beads, I just read what I needed to to get going and the photos turned out very nicely. You've made a great choice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-06-10, 8:27am

If you get confused and frustrated you can send it to me...I'm always willing to help a fellow artist out!

Enjoy that camera!!!!!!

Old 2009-06-10, 8:36am
Torchabilitizimator.....

I have a D80 and I bought a field handbook at Barnes & Nobles for it and it has helped a lot....if you are going to be taking Macro pics with this camera if it did not come with a Macro lense that may be something to consider for your wish list....these cameras have an Automatic setting on them but it helps to learn the different functions and whitebalance and fstop adjustments b/c sometimes when you don't want the flash to come on it does and vice-versa. it is a wonderful camera and the clarity of the pics are fantastic, just taking the time to learn about it will help you a lot

Old 2009-06-10, 8:38am
Wahwahbabypants

If the manual doesn't do it for you I recommend a book by J. Dennis Thomas... it's a digital field guide and he has one specifically for the D90. I have a D60 and the corresponding book for it and I find it waaaaaaaaaaay better than the manual.

I might go Crazyif I don't go Crazy Tonight.
Old 2009-06-10, 9:07am
Torchabilitizimator.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcb View Post
If the manual doesn't do it for you I recommend a book by J. Dennis Thomas... it's a digital field guide and he has one specifically for the D90. I have a D60 and the corresponding book for it and I find it waaaaaaaaaaay better than the manual.
I think he is the same one that wrote mine
I agree, it is WAAAAAYYY better just like you said!

Old 2009-06-11, 4:01am

Buy the extra book, you won't be sorry. I keep going back to the book to look up more options. gayle