Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-01-30, 6:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by likes to make glass stuff View Post
I think the "dark site" thing came from the joke about going to the "dark side" when switching to boro from soft glass....
Could be, I guess. Unless you're a boro artist reading the comment. I belong to both sites, proudly.Sad to note I've learned way more over there for free from the artists who develope new ways. I buy tut's over here.
Old 2010-01-30, 7:08pm

Awesome JameLynn!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-30, 7:22pm
Mary Lockwood

There are lots of free tutorials here. Pages and pages of them. And I think our skill set is evolving quite nicely.

And I've heard boro artists themselves say things like, 'Come on over to the dark side' to us soft glass workers, so I'm not really sure where you are picking up on an insult. I love boro workers, boro work, boro glass and I don't care what form it's in.

I'm just glad to read that this case of internet fraud/ stolen property is moving along so quickly.

Never in a million years did I expect such quick action.

Yay!!!
~~Mary

Old 2010-01-30, 7:51pm

Jamey..Im so glad the police are on top of this for you! Anne and I were both ticked when we left your house this afternoon that someone would do that to you ...youve always been so nice to let us stop over and get supplies...i hope you all get your items and $ back as quickly.

Old 2010-01-30, 8:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebira View Post
Could be, I guess. Unless you're a boro artist reading the comment. I belong to both sites, proudly.Sad to note I've learned way more over there for free from the artists who develope new ways. I buy tut's over here.
I've seen boro artists post, calling moving to boro the "dark side".

I'm not sure I've ever used the term, but I work both, too.
Old 2010-01-30, 9:01pm

I do boro a lot but I call it the dark side because I have the forum pages on as Black!! And I refer to the West side of Washington as the "Dark" side.. they understand.. Good detective work, friends!!

Old 2010-01-30, 9:31pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

This proves that you should never give up and always pursue what is right. Way to go JameyLynn!!!

Old 2010-01-30, 10:09pm
one day at a time

Yeah JameyLynn!!! Quite the unexpected that this would move along so fast, huh?
Old 2010-01-30, 10:18pm
The Andrea Half

Go, Jamey! As for boro, I too hear boro artists calling it, with pride, the Dark Side. I work mostly in soft, but I flirt with darkness myself and love it when I can work with boro. I'm too impatient, though.

Old 2010-01-30, 10:26pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

I feel for all of you that this has happened to. Big Hugs!!!!!!

I only work with Boro and I have always called it the "Dark Side" lol

#K58
Old 2010-01-30, 10:50pm

Interesting story, found as a result of a Google query for cheryl curran's son...
http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/loc...242221113.html
Same one?

Old 2010-01-30, 10:56pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

yes, it is posted further back in the thread.

Old 2010-01-30, 11:01pm
Sparkle Strumpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by likes to make glass stuff View Post
I've seen boro artists post, calling moving to boro the "dark side".

I'm not sure I've ever used the term, but I work both, too.
I was actually invited to sign up for a class with a boro artist with the email subject line and greeting in the letter...."Come to the Dark Side with "

And this was a good two-three years ago....

It's not new and it's not an insult....it's meant as a lure to draw hard core soft glass people over to the hard glass side. A mere catch phrase...

Period. So, if someone chooses to be insulted, so be it...

Kindle Edition by Laurie Byrne-Smith
Old 2010-01-30, 11:03pm
Sparkle Strumpet

I sure am sorry that our community has been dragged into the morass of sordid domestic claptrap... it's a bit discouraging....

I'd like to fix it.

Kindle Edition by Laurie Byrne-Smith
Old 2010-01-31, 5:15am
Detail G-Mama!

WTG Jamey Lynn!! So glad to hear this news!

Last edited by Anne Ricketts; 2010-01-31 at 10:51am.
Old 2010-01-31, 5:42am
Jamaican Me Crazy

wow great detective work everyone, next time I have a legal issue instead of hiring an attorney Ill just post it here on LE.

good luck everyone
Pete
Old 2010-01-31, 6:31am
Your Royal Fritness

I love happy endings

Old 2010-01-31, 7:06am

Congratulations, JameyLynn! Great job, everyone, and especially Debbie. Please don't let sob stories stop you from proceeding with this. Judges are paid to listen to sob stories and determine who is the right crook and who is the wrong one. It's so nice to see the community coming together once again to stop ripoff experts from taking advantage of us.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2010-01-31, 9:33am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebira View Post
I'm on both sites as well, if you're talking about the Melting Pot, as well as being IRL friends with Matt and Misha, and it's too bad you've taken the harmless in-joke offensively. Most of the folks over at the GLDG have a great sense of humor and can appreciate the slightly nerdly, tongue-in-cheek Star Wars reference, and it's people who switched to boro who came up with the joke in the first place. Also very, VERY many of the members here are also members there.

I can assure you, there is as much to learn for free in the realm of soft glass here as there is to learn in the realm of boro there, and dozens of free tutorials, and there is absolutely no excuse for putting down either forum, or the users of either type of glass.

Last edited by Kalera; 2010-01-31 at 9:38am.
Old 2010-01-31, 9:47am
Formerly FishBulb

That's fantastic news JameyLynn!!!

You guys rock. I ditto Woody's comment; if I ever have a legal issue, I'll just post it here. I hope there's finally some restitution in store for all of you.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-01-31, 10:09am
Glassy Broad :-)

So good to hear things will be getting worked out.
This saddens me to no end, that someone would take such advantage of others.
I am a tutorial buyer, and this makes it look bad for others, like myself, that can't afford classes.
Good on you for getting to the bottom of this!!
Hugs
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-01-31, 10:22am
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post

All our items that were in visable site were confiscated and is now in the possession of the police and will be locked up for now as evidence.

You will get your items back at some point in time, but no idea when.

The officer is going to recommend the charges to be stealing and it is up to the D.A. as to what level the charges will be at.

This is awesome!!!! What about the people that had tutorials stolen . . . things that aren't tangible items that can be returned?

I'm so happy to see that something was actually done about this by the police!

Old 2010-01-31, 10:37am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

When I can post the officer's contact information, it is going to be very important that everyone contact him. I know it is easy to let something slide, but please don't. She did something wrong and it is NOT ok.

I know I was the one with the higher dollar amount, but I would be this mad at any dollar amount. It just is not right. I spent to much time Friday and Saturday crying. When you have money in your paypal account, you think it is yours and spend it accordingly. Then to all the sudden be shorted is awful. I need to budget my money and I am sure a lot of you do to and anything unexpected can really turn things upside down.

If I could have kissed that cop through the phone, I would have. He was very apologetic that it would be a long time before we could get our stuff back. I told him that was perfectly ok, she no longer has it and that makes it ok.

Old 2010-01-31, 10:37am

Light or dark may the torch be with you.....

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2010-01-31, 10:38am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyHampton View Post
This is awesome!!!! What about the people that had tutorials stolen . . . things that aren't tangible items that can be returned?
Those items are still stolen and will be included in the case.

Old 2010-01-31, 10:53am
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post

I know I was the one with the higher dollar amount, but I would be this mad at any dollar amount. It just is not right. I spent to much time Friday and Saturday crying. When you have money in your paypal account, you think it is yours and spend it accordingly. Then to all the sudden be shorted is awful. I need to budget my money and I am sure a lot of you do to and anything unexpected can really turn things upside down.
I was out a pittance and I was still really mad. LOL You are correct- it just is NOT right.

As far as money in your paypal account being YOURS...I still don't understand how this can happen because:

If you have a paypal account without a credit card attached, an e-check appears as an e-check and takes time to clear.

If you have a paypal account WITH a cc attached, an e-check appears as an instant payment because it is supposedly backed-up by the credit card.

SO, what is the purpose of backing it up with a credit card if the purchase isn't going to be covered by that back-up method of financing? (Unless this normally would have been covered by the CC, but the CC didn't have any available balance either.)

In my opinion, e-checks should appear as e-checks and take time to clear whether they are credit card backed or NOT. This MIGHT have saved people some hassle. I think you might not have shipped if you knew it was an e-check. Just like I might have not delivered my pdf's had I known (because this was a new buyer...I don't hold stuff on e-checks for established customers).

She wouldn't have been able to get away with as much if PayPal didn't handle e-checks in this manner.

~~Mary

Last edited by Moth; 2010-01-31 at 10:55am.
Old 2010-01-31, 11:17am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

The reason the echecks were able to be reversed and NOT defended by paypal was because they did not confirm their address. Literally, if they had clicked "confirm address" in their profile, right now paypal would be all over them trying to get the money.

Old 2010-01-31, 11:24am

But either way paypal gets paid so they can care less who gets screwed over. That is so shitty.

Old 2010-01-31, 11:36am
giggety-giggety

Did someone say that this person might be a member of LE? If that's true-someone please pm me their username so I know who to steer clear from.

My etsy:

Old 2010-01-31, 11:40am
lurking on LE since 2005

Default Email from Cheryl

I sent an email to Cheryl and "Ron" regarding the dishonesty in jacking tutorials and subsequent lack of payment

captnron03@yahoo.com (the paypal address)
sundown_487@hotmail.com (the etsy address)

I'm not sure what to believe, but as they say, the plot sickens..I think this has gotten so convoluted, I just hope the police can sort it out, because she seems confused. Why would the marshalls would have him if SHE (by her own admission) was using HIS credit, or is that not true either?

this is her response:

"I did not mean to hurt any of you only Ron. I thought the money was there and when I saw it wasn’t I panicked and didn’t know what to do. Several years ago Ron molested my niece when she was 5 years old I had supported him for 5 years till that happened and the list goes on and on. Yes I was a fool and I know that, I have been told by to many people that I’m to nice for my own good. It was Ron that I was trying to screw over NONE of you. The US Marshal has him now. I know none of you give a shit about me but like I’ve said I am sorry it wasn’t against any of you. Like I also said I will do the best I can to pay everyone back. You all think you are better than me but the truth is no you are not, you have never met me and don’t know anything about me and you are all judging me without knowing all the facts and because you are all like that just shows me that I don’t want to know people like all of you. Yes I’ve done wrong and I admit it, I was scared and lied, I’M SORRY, I did tell all of you I would pay you back and I will, but you all believe what you want. Also I am not a thief."

J-55

Check out my Encasing and HOLLOW tri-color Tutorials in my Etsy shop-and my NEW encased, layered, feathered bead!